RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Tennokoe Bank translation? Change battery?

Started by Official Ninja, 07/31/2013, 07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Official Ninja

Hi everyone. I'm typing this quick and admitting to not doing a lot of searching...   :oops:

But can someone link me to a translation to English for the Tennokoe Bank memory hucard manual?

Also, is it possible to change the battery in the card? How do you open the card? It seems like the top can lift off and there is even a place where it is open as if to give you a space to get something in there to lift it off.
I wanted to ask before I try because I dont want to destroy the card. It is still working but I'd like to change the battery because the one in there must be very old.

Thanks!

Official Ninja

Answering my own post now that I had time to sit and do a search and some reading :)

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?msg=264498

esteban

STATUS: Best "Ask a question, answer it in under 5 hours, avoid wrath of forum for not searching diligently" post in the last few months, I'd say...

:pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: esteban on 08/01/2013, 10:02 AMSTATUS: Best "Ask a question, answer it in under 5 hours, avoid wrath of forum for not searching diligently" post in the last few months, I'd say...

:pcgs:
To bad he missed the forumite awards for July ;)
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Official Ninja

Bring on the wrath!! :)

I was able to pop the top off the card and I see a different battery in there than what is listed in the post I linked to above....

NecroPhile

What'd ya find?  Pics, dammit!  PICS!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

VestCunt

Quote from: Official Ninja on 07/31/2013, 07:09 PMBut can someone link me to a translation to English for the Tennokoe Bank memory hucard manual?
How about just the comic?  :P
wayback.darkcityproductions.com/duo/Tenokoe.shtml
Topic Adjourned.

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

HercTNT

Ninja, if you can figure out how to replace the battery, and put it back together looking sexy, let us know :)

Official Ninja

It doesn't look hard to replace. I ordered some batteries that have solder tabs on them already.
I'll post another pic of the new battery installed when I swap it.

IMG
picture009 by CharliePel, on Flickr

A Black Falcon

Quote from: Official Ninja on 08/01/2013, 10:00 PMIt doesn't look hard to replace. I ordered some batteries that have solder tabs on them already.
IMG
Huh, what is that, CR2320?  I wonder why you have that battery, while that post linked earlier says it's a CR2016...

Official Ninja

Quote from: A Black Falcon on 08/01/2013, 10:30 PM
Quote from: Official Ninja on 08/01/2013, 10:00 PMIt doesn't look hard to replace. I ordered some batteries that have solder tabs on them already.
IMG
Huh, what is that, CR2320?  I wonder why you have that battery, while that post linked earlier says it's a CR2016...
Yes. Exactly what I'd like to know. I'm sure any 3v battery that fit will be fine though.

NecroPhile

Wrong battery and hot glue makes me think it's not the original battery.

Official Ninja

Quote from: guest on 08/02/2013, 09:25 AMWrong battery and hot glue makes me think it's not the original battery.
Maybe if I put a meter to it and get 3V I should just leave it...

A separate question, I never noticed all these years the "Barney" converter I use to play Japan games on my TG16 has a picture of a PCE being used with American games...
I've never had a PCE, I have a Duo-r and these adapters do not fit in the hucard door.
Does the adapter work in reverse of how i'm using it as shown on the sticker?
I'm guessing yes but like I said, I can't test it for myself with no PCE.

NecroPhile

It'd work for the pin swapping, but the PCE would still need the internal pin grounding.

A Black Falcon

Quote from: guest on 08/02/2013, 09:25 AMWrong battery and hot glue makes me think it's not the original battery.
That would definitely explain it then...

Official Ninja

Ok, just found out, in the links in this thread you can see CR2320 is the original battery.
Looks like the same glue used on the lid too...

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.msg94306#msg94306

Funny thing is when I checked eBay for CR2320 with solder tabs I didn't really see any.
Maybe that is why the original post I linked to above recommended the CR2016.

A Black Falcon

Huh, so that 2016 might be a replacement... I doubt that they'd put multiple battery types inside the cards, after all.

Official Ninja

I replaced the battery tonight. The battery I got from ebay had solder tabs but they stick out on opposite ends of the battery. So I used a wire on the NEG side. Seems to work great. Would the Tennokoe Bank loose its contents immediately if the battery was no good? The only thing that concerns me is that the CR2016 is considerably smaller than the CR2320. So I guess it will not last as long. The original I took out still measured a strong 3+ volts. :)

IMG

MotherGunner

I am gonna try a CR2032 (VMU Battery).  These sell for a buck for a 2-pack at the local Dollar store though I would prefer one with solder tabs. Perhaps mod the card with a socket for easy battery swap/multiple batteries!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

xcrement5x

Quote from: Official Ninja on 08/06/2013, 06:43 PMI replaced the battery tonight. The battery I got from ebay had solder tabs but they stick out on opposite ends of the battery. So I used a wire on the NEG side. Seems to work great. Would the Tennokoe Bank loose its contents immediately if the battery was no good? The only thing that concerns me is that the CR2016 is considerably smaller than the CR2320. So I guess it will not last as long. The original I took out still measured a strong 3+ volts. :)

IMG
There is a nice amount of space in there.  Do you happen to know what the diameter of that recessed part is?
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)