Pc Enjin '94 issue6

Started by TurboXray, 03/28/2006, 08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TurboXray

I got some PCエンジン  scans uploaded if anyones interested - here.

Keranu

Very cool stuff, thanks!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

akamichi

Cool stuff.  Don't know how many hours I thumbed through those mags drooling at the pix back in the day. :)

For those who may not know, the game that's featured above Strider is Dragon Half.  I wrote a quick review somewhere around here but didn't get any pictures posted.  Those magazine pix pretty much show most of the stuff in the game.

pixeljunkie

awesome, thanks! Those make me wish I knew japanese :(

what game is this?

http://www.pcedev.net/images/pics_007-.jpg

akamichi

Quote from: "pixeljunkie"what game is this?

Brandish.

pixeljunkie

Quote from: "akamichi"
Quote from: "pixeljunkie"what game is this?

Brandish.

How hard to get thru it with no Jpn knowledge?

akamichi

Honestly, I have no idea.  Haven't played it yet.  :oops:   I've never read much about Brandish although it looks like a pretty cool game.

pixeljunkie

last one:

this? http://www.pcedev.net/images/pics_002-.jpg

Isn't like Warriors of Fate or something? What's it called on PCE?

Nutribrain

It's called Dynasty Warriors and yes, it belongs to the Warriors of Fate series as far as I know. It flickers very much and isn't the best version. But it has some great tunes (intro, ending). During the game you get PCB sound. I like this game very much from the time I saw the first images of it back in 94.

As for Brandish. I used to play it some years ago for some days. I think you can get through it without knowledge of japanese. It has a very uncommon style as the playfield turns 90 degrees when you turn you chararcter. That's a little bit hard to get used to. All in all I think it's an average game with a nice intro.

motdelbuort

Very cool! What's that mech game they call Full Metal Force? Do we know it as something else? Mad Stalker?

Also, anyone care to start identifying all games in the smaller features? I'm especially interested in the ones in the right hand vertical row of the second page (160). Also, the second to last horizontal column on the last page (161).

TurboXray

Hehe, it's Mad Stalker:Full Metal Force.

Other sections of the mag: in depth look at - 3x3 eyes, Startling Odyssey II, Advanced V.G, World Heroes 2, Dragon Knight III, Debut, Monster Maker(ver?), Emerald Dragon sequal (or not - looks the same and by the same team though), Megami Paradise.

BTW, STG=shooter and there is interesting pic too :D

SuperGrafxPCEngine2

whoa, awesome stuff, thankyou.    I don't think I've ever seen much of any PC-Engine magazine before.

edit: I had no idea there was a translation of Warriors of Fate on the PCE  :shock:

GUTS

I don't think you could get through Brandish unless it was similar enough to the SNES version that the english faq would be useful.  There were many spots in the game that relied on you deciphering text clues, so if you can't read japanese you'd be pretty much lost.

Keranu

Quote from: "Bonknuts"BTW, STG=shooter and there is interesting pic too :D
That game looks sick. Anyone know anything about that game?
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

akamichi

Quote from: "Keranu"
Quote from: "Bonknuts"BTW, STG=shooter and there is interesting pic too :D
That game looks sick. Anyone know anything about that game?

It's a picture of the PC version of Steam Hearts.  Should be able to find a copy of it on the internet somewhere. :)

Digi.k

Steam Hearts is suppose to be one of those 18 rated games neh ??

a shmup with hentai cut scenes.  Theres a Saturn version but its been censored compared to the original PC Engine CD-roms.

Keranu

Thanks, Akamichi! I had no idea it was Steam Hearts, even though I know a little about that game already. Maybe I should give it a try, Zig's review for it is hilarious and always interested me.
IMG