@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

What do you depise AT THIS MOMENT, literally....

Started by esteban, 08/29/2013, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dicer

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 10/03/2017, 10:10 PM
Quote from: Dicer on 09/21/2017, 08:56 PM...losing visitation rights to my son because of my "mental health" which I have been working on for months now

:(
Terribly sad how easy it is.  I bet they still get those checks though.
Her new man is adopting him, so the checks go away.

Not the whole point of it, but at the end of that day I just want my kid safe and happy.

Still sucks :/

NightWolve

Filing income tax returns...

I dunno why it happened yet again to where I procrastinated till a few days before the April 17th deadline... I resent the system and I just hate every time having to deal with it.

I've been doing my own without a paid-preparer since ~1998/1999 I believe. Only screwed up once in 2007 because I had a retirement mutual fund and I needed to take a few grand out but I didn't properly handle the 15/20% capital gains tax representation/issue. The process was filing another correction form and I called the IRS too, so that took care of it.

Anyway, I just hate the process to get my mind into it, sit in front of my workdesk to just get it over with... I seem to have associated it with a root canal but it really isn't... It doesn't even take that long but you just need to chill, focus, get it done already.

I really hope some day funding state/federal government can be done ONLY via economic activity taxes like sales/consumption taxes... A spy apparatus like the IRS could be eliminated along with this filing system, but it doesn't look like that's ever gonna be possible for the foreseeable future... :/

crazydean

To that end, I wonder how much of our taxes paid go toward the entities which decide how much we owe.

ClodBusted

IMG

The same goes for image links to Youtube preview pictures.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 04/20/2018, 04:04 AMIMG

The same goes for image links to Youtube preview pictures.
yes!!!!! It is so friggin' annoying!!!!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ClodBusted

So I am not the only one anymore. Thanks Este.

in99flames

f*ck yea....i hate that pinterest shit. Clod...este....im with you.
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

esteban

I hate when I drive by a diner lusting for French fries, turn around, only to realize the diner is closed early in Sundays.

TheClash603

Quote from: esteban on 04/22/2018, 05:21 PMI hate when I drive by a diner lusting for French fries, turn around, only to realize the diner is closed early in Sundays.
Then you remember that McDonalds will never let you down, and you no longer despise a thing.

xcrement5x

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/23/2018, 07:45 AM
Quote from: esteban on 04/22/2018, 05:21 PMI hate when I drive by a diner lusting for French fries, turn around, only to realize the diner is closed early in Sundays.
Then you remember that McDonalds will never let you down, and you no longer despise a thing.
Except yourself, for eating at McDonalds....

I can't really talk though, I just ate burritos this morning from there.

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 04/23/2018, 10:53 AM

I have eaten at five star restaurants in many of the food capitals of the world, but I legitimately prefer McDonalds to these places.  McDonald's food is delicious and the value proposition is incredible.  It's not good for you, but everyone knows that.

xcrement5x

No joke man!  Supposedly if we could supply 3rd world countries with McChicken it would end world hunger as they are the best calorie per $1 ratio of any food.

esteban

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/23/2018, 05:24 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/23/2018, 10:53 AM

I have eaten at five star restaurants in many of the food capitals of the world, but I legitimately prefer McDonalds to these places.  McDonald's food is delicious and the value proposition is incredible.  It's not good for you, but everyone knows that.
McDonald's fries are yummy.

At least, they were last time I was there.

:)

gilbert

Quote from: esteban on 04/24/2018, 05:01 PMMcDonald's fries are yummy.
Here, they (used to be) depended on the branches, the fries in some branches were okay, but otherwise, meh.

Because of the gutter oil incidents in recent years they changed their oil to some "safe alternative" and then their fries taste horrible, regardless of branches. At least they're more consistent in quality now.  :roll:

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

ClodBusted

Taking a big, relieving, satisfying dump. Then gleefully wiping your buttcrack with toilet paper, without knowing that the fecal matter also splattered left and right onto your hairy buttcheeks as well as on the toilet seat. Once you see your right hand full of brown smear after the first wipe, you'll realize that this is just the beginning of a thorough cleaning job.

TheClash603

ClodBusted

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 04/27/2018, 08:23 AMCan you speak from experience?
I have the older 1000 model.  When I look at people all I can see is the shit in their assholes, you're a bunch of savages.  Without a doubt, one of the most life changing purchases of my life.

xcrement5x

I had my yearly physical today and got the old Mooon Riiiiver exam.  Ugh, don't remember it being that bad last time I had one years back. 

crazydean

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/27/2018, 08:26 AM
Quote from: guest on 04/27/2018, 08:23 AMCan you speak from experience?
I have the older 1000 model.  When I look at people all I can see is the shit in their a$$holes, you're a bunch of savages.  Without a doubt, one of the most life changing purchases of my life.
Try looking at their faces.

esteban

Hahahahaha.

I want a bidet, but I just use the garden hose instead.

Neighbors have always been nosy, though.

ClodBusted

soop

I hate that most Americans now drop the H in "herb".  It doesn't make any sense!  It's not spelled "erb".  The only people I know that pronounce it "erb" are people with stong jamaican/caribbean accents, but that makes sense, because they're consistent.

For some reason, millions of people seem to have looked at one specific word, and decided "I don't need to say that part of it".  SO ANNOYING.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

ClodBusted

Perhaps they're also inspired by sexy French ladies.

Alfred 'itchcock
'eavy Unit
'aute coutore
'erpes
The 'ighlander
'ulk 'ogan

soop

Quote from: guest on 05/04/2018, 09:08 AMPerhaps they're also inspired by sexy French ladies.

Alfred 'itchcock
'eavy Unit
'aute coutore
'erpes
The 'ighlander
'ulk 'ogan
That would make sense I guess.  Still it's weird to be like "we're going French on this one word.  No reason, but we've all decided to do it"
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

NecroPhile

Not pronouncing the h isn't exactly a new thing, and it's actually more correct; the word's origins (latin and old french) do not have a hard h.  We pronounce the h in herbivore and herbicide, though, so yeah......

When are you brits gonna start using a hard h on hour, heir, and honor?  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

LostFlunky

Quote from: soop on 05/04/2018, 08:53 AMI hate that most Americans now drop the H in "herb".  It doesn't make any sense!  It's not spelled "erb".  The only people I know that pronounce it "erb" are people with stong jamaican/caribbean accents, but that makes sense, because they're consistent.

For some reason, millions of people seem to have looked at one specific word, and decided "I don't need to say that part of it".  SO ANNOYING.
Yeah because cockney British doesn't drop any "h"'s... lol 

"ave yew ever 'eard 'ow those Americans say "herb"? I's bloody revow'ing, i' is!

CPTRAVE

My wife telling my kids, I do not care about them.

xcrement5x

Quote from: CPTRAVE on 06/05/2018, 10:43 AMMy wife telling my kids, I do not care about them.
Goddamn, WTF!  She been drinking or something?

SuperGrafx

Summer tourists.
Goddamn city is crawling with them.

synbiosfan

Quote from: guest on 06/23/2018, 01:16 AM
Quote from: CPTRAVE on 06/05/2018, 10:43 AMMy wife telling my kids, I do not care about them.
Hell. I despise your wife.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: synbiosfan on 07/03/2018, 08:55 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/23/2018, 01:16 AM
Hell. I despise your wife.
Divorce?  Such hate to poisen children.  Terrible.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

JoeQuaker

The dudes breath standing behind me in line today.
Mir ist kalt, so kalt...

NightWolve

I'd add nervousness about the outcome of today's election...

I voted no on a proposition to ban plastic straws, an attempt to import a Commiefornia policy here in Chicago and I think I'm gonna lose, but who knows, I may be surprised, we did repeal the sugar soda pop tax after enough anger made our voices heard...

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: NightWolve on 11/06/2018, 06:15 PMI'd add nervousness about the outcome of today's election...

I voted no on a proposition to ban plastic straws, an attempt to import a Commiefornia policy here in Chicago and I think I'm gonna lose, but who knows, I may be surprised, we did repeal the sugar soda pop tax after enough anger made our voices heard...
Heh, the cook county sugar soda tax will forever live in infamy!
--DragonmasterDan

majors

Quote from: NightWolve on 11/06/2018, 06:15 PMI voted no on a proposition to ban plastic straws...
Sounds like someone in Chicago politics has investments in a paper straw company.

I assume this is some eco friendly-save the planet type initiative. What about the plastic lids tho?
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

NightWolve

Quote from: majors on 11/08/2018, 12:07 AMI assume this is some eco friendly-save the planet type initiative. What about the plastic lids tho?
Well, they added a 5 cent tax per plastic water bottle, so a 40 pack has a $2 dollar tax but thankfully it's limited to Chicago and I can drive to a neighboring Walmart in a suburb (usually Skokie) to escape it...

Doesn't seem they wanted to go with a tax-it-to-hell approach like smokes, alcohol, pot, etc.; in the case of plastic straws though, abolition/prohibition is more their tune here... Worth noting we do have special blue bins dedicated only for paper, plastic and steel can recycling too...

IMG

NightWolve

This is what I get for being a "hot glue cowboy" like thesteve, hot glue blister burn... ;)

I was fixing my fridge, modded it to add 2 more fans to keep the compressor motor from overheating, I soldered the 120V lines very nicely, it was almost a perfect job, but I wanted hot glue on the wire joints before applying black electrical tape, well, the gun spilled a bit of glue on my thumb as I moved it to the wires, should've wore my work gloves but paid the price for being lazy...

I quickly ran to the sink, flushed it in cold water for as much as I could but it got me good, it was too late to avoid a painful burn/blister... :(

IMG

JoeQuaker

Quote from: NightWolve on 01/10/2019, 01:12 AMThis is what I get for being a "hot glue cowboy" like thesteve, hot glue blister burn... ;)
Damn dude!  :boom:
Mir ist kalt, so kalt...

NightWolve

Quote from: JoeQuaker on 01/10/2019, 03:17 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 01/10/2019, 01:12 AMThis is what I get for being a "hot glue cowboy" like thesteve, hot glue blister burn... ;)
Damn dude!  :boom:
Ha, relevant use of a fireball smiley, well played!

I know some of the smileys there are totally stupid, useless, that it'd be nigh impossible to find the context where to appropriately apply them (a few have never been used), but this wasn't one of those times, heh!