10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Sega buys Atlus parent company Index

Started by TR0N, 09/19/2013, 01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR0N

Well it's official sega/sammy has bought atlus.If any body didn't know atlus parent company index went bankrupt recently,so it was up for bid.When i heard sega was bidding for them i didn't even know they had the capital to do so.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/09/18/sega-buys-atlus-parent-company-index-holdings/

I just hope sega let's atlus run business as usual and they don't hold out,on what games get localize.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

bartre

TR0N

Quote from: bartre on 09/19/2013, 05:00 AMoverall, i wouldn't say i'm too concerned about sega saying no to localizing games.
I mean, THIS got a US release:
http://www.amazon.com/Hatsune-Miku-Project-DIVA-Playstation-3/dp/B00DCQ5A40/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1379581210&sr=8-2&keywords=hatsune+miku
Which is surprising since past hatsune miku titles for the psp,never had a u.s release.If i were sega 'they should let atlus localize any rpg they don't want to mess with.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

bartre

yeah, that's the thing, they're just too damned japanese.
that said, i think project diva actually sold pretty well, selling out in many locations.
(though the copy I bought was the only one said store had)

but yes, if sega is smart, they'll pretty much let atlus do what it wants with it's own IPs, and then expand it to also handle localizations of smaller/more niche titles

Nando

Quote from: TR0N on 09/19/2013, 01:53 AMI just hope sega let's atlus run business as usual and they don't hold out,on what games get localize.
That was my first thought too.