OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Secret Santa 2013

Started by NecroPhile, 10/01/2013, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoshTurboTrollX

HOLY CARP Matti!!  I would crap a hammer if I unboxed a Turbo Doodle on Xmas morn!!

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 12/23/2013, 10:05 PMA very secret package arrived from a very Secretive Santa today!!  WOO!!

Going to open it live on video and upload it Xmas night!!  Should be awesome!!
Some pics for those wondering-
/4w42.jpg

And something totally UNEXPECTED, my wife made me this!  O_O
/8jar.jpg
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mathius

I'll watchie tonight when I settle down.

NightWolve

Just thought I'd mention this is really a great tradition that you guys developed here (along with raffles) so kudos! I'm not doing as well as I thought I'd be at this point [financially] in life, otherwise I would've joined in something like this, but yeah, it's very cool to see sort of thing. :) Bravo!

PunkCryborg

the generosity of some people on this forum is insane. thats insane mathius, congrats!

Mathius

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 12/25/2013, 02:13 PMthe generosity of some people on this forum is insane. thats insane mathius, congrats!
Wish I had been taking video of the unwrapping. Ashe and myself were both going, "What did he do???" as we were tearing off the paper.

roflmao

HUGE THANKS go out to Duo_R for his very generous Secret Santa gifts.  I was floored when I opened the presents this morning.  I've been playing them quite a bit today. :)  And there's not much left of the sweets (though I started early on them)!

Thanks again!

CF2Gift.jpg

NightWolve

WOW, a copy of "Cosmic Fantasy 2" still preserved in pristine, unopened condition ?? Huh...

roflmao

Nah, it was opened, but it was done in such a way that I thought it was unopened when I unwrapped it.  I was going to rip it open and obey anyway, so I'm kind of glad it had already been done.

CrackTiger

Quote from: NightWolve on 12/25/2013, 04:21 PMWOW, a copy of "Cosmic Fantasy 2" still preserved in pristine, unopened condition ?? Huh...
Sealed copies of CF2 and Exile are actually very common, but either way it would have been a great secret santa gift on its own.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Opethian

I got a 1943 kai and a white PCE controller thanks secret santo !
IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 12/25/2013, 04:48 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 12/25/2013, 04:21 PMWOW, a copy of "Cosmic Fantasy 2" still preserved in pristine, unopened condition ?? Huh...
Sealed copies of CF2 and Exile are actually very common, but either way it would have been a great secret santa gift on its own.
Yeah, it's a great gift. I bought a used copy for $29 I think ages ago. Wasn't happy about the manual being a bit roughed up though. I remember enjoying the game well enough. Great to have finally gotten a full, traditional RPG on CD.

Mathius

I cracked open a sealed Cosmic Fantasy II a few years back when they were more common on eBay. Always an enjoyable experience to open a new Turbo game in this day and age.

BlueBMW

Quote from: Opethian on 12/25/2013, 05:10 PMI got a 1943 kai and a white PCE controller thanks secret santo !
Thats an x68000/towns/msx pc engine pad...
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Arkhan Asylum

I don't own a camera and my womanoid is out of town with hers, so,

I GOT THIS

/125628-Can_Can_Bunny_Extra_DX-1__43666.1334089460.1280.1280.jpg

YEaheahaoaoahoo.

Thanks, to whoever sent me it!   Someone from New Jizzle.

I wish I knew how to make videos, so I could show people the badass tunes in the game.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Opethian

beamer: whoa wait how did you do that!
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

how did I do what?  Can Can Bunny?

I just took her clothes off and had at her.   Duh.  How else.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

turboswimbz

Picture Forthcoming

My Santa was awesome again this year:

Star Padior
Skweek
Forgoten Worlds
Hani
Out Run
Power Drift

Kinda mad my PCE Duo isn't working, I can't play all these awesome HuCARDs.  Looks like I need a new power cord, hopefully nothing fried in the unit. :(
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Arkhan Asylum

Duo_R

Dude My SS got me Pia Carrot...and a burned translated copy. That alone was cool. Then I went to the mailbox today and I think I got a PC Engine Soundtrack??? Oh man....and then a letter that says that something was late and to expect another package. This was an epic year!!!! Thank you!!!

The Soundtrack looks like it is this one:

PC Engine / 1994 Hudson CD-ROM2 Soundtrack Detail
http://cdtrrracks.com/bid1640752.html

So Awesome!!!
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Arkhan Asylum

Hopefully the late package was some jergens.  Cause,

fap fap fap!

NecroPhile

Merry Christmas, OBEYers!  I hope y'all like your goodies and nobody got the shaft.

Santa was quite generous and sent me Travel Epuru, Galaxy Fraulein Yuna 2, Dragon Knight II, Efera & Jiliora, Energy, and some candy noms.  Thanks, xelement!  :dance:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

roflmao

Thanks again NecroPhile for facilitating such an awesome annual experience.  +1million TurboKarma to you!

However, I'm wondering if perhaps this year there was a "Bank error in my favor; collect two Secret Santa recipients?"  I went out to my mailbox today and found this, from SuperPlay:

IMG

Thanks so much SuperPlay!  I'm listening to it now.  This is most excellent.

I am a befuddled, but very happy Obeyer right now. :D

Mathius

Turboplay worked with NecroPhile to make 4 (I think) lucky members rich with rockin' tunes.

PunkCryborg

thread needs more present pics!

hoobs88

Quote from: guest on 12/26/2013, 09:37 AMMerry Christmas, OBEYers!  I hope y'all like your goodies and nobody got the shaft.
I'm still waiting for mine...I hope it is still out for delivery instead of getting the shaft.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

roflmao

Quote from: Mathius on 12/26/2013, 07:02 PMTurboplay worked with NecroPhile to make 4 (I think) lucky members rich with rockin' tunes.
Gah!  I went back and read the start of the thread and realized I must be one of the lucky four.  Thanks again, Super!

Xak

Fun Fact!!

in the late 1800's

St. Nicolas Clause (santa) was really a rich middle eastern man that smoked opium out of a pipe and wielded a scimitar and ONE frozen winter he gave to all the children in the village , food, trinkets and many articles of winter clothing. 

OGSaintNicolasClause.jpg
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

BlueBMW

Finally some pics of the awesome stuff Punkic Cyborg sent me!

MIDI Powa!
/ss2_zps2ed3679b.jpg

BOND on LD!
/ss1_zpsdace0ae3.jpg

And my brother got me this...

/xmas1_zps970bdec7.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

The MIDI CD and PC Engine logo look like some good times! What is that a magnet?

BlueBMW

Just a sticker.... well not just a sticker, an AWESOME sticker!

NecroPhile

Quote from: Xak on 12/26/2013, 08:53 PMFun Fact!!

in the late 1800's

St. Nicolas Clause (santa) was really a rich middle eastern man that smoked opium out of a pipe and wielded a scimitar and ONE frozen winter he gave to all the children in the village , food, trinkets and many articles of winter clothing.   
Take your off-topic praise of drugs the fuck out of my thread, you douche.

bob

^^^ exactly why i bit the bullet and just set him to "ignore".

SuperPlay

Quote from: guest on 12/26/2013, 08:47 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 12/26/2013, 07:02 PMTurboplay worked with NecroPhile to make 4 (I think) lucky members rich with rockin' tunes.
Gah!  I went back and read the start of the thread and realized I must be one of the lucky four.  Thanks again, Super!
Glad that you like it :-)  just keep an eye on the mail in Jan for another parcel for the item I could not get my hands on in time!

turbokon

Here is mine, thank you Santa;)

IMG
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

MotherGunner

Wow, so much for the "Value of your gift(s) should be in the $20-30 range - real value and not bloated OMG R@R3!! eBay value."

This is the main reason why I excused myself this year (and possibly permanently in the future).  I didn't want to feel BAD again that I actually stuck to the rules, as clearly most of you are getting way more than amount the rules state even at real value.

In turn, the person receiving could potentially also feel bad since they witness others who scored a "big spender" as their secret santa.

Apologies for the thread-crap and if I came off like a Scrooge.  I am happy for all of you, it's just that this has become a really sore subject for me.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

NecroPhile

Keep in mind that some members are getting stuff in Japan or as part of lots for comparatively cheap, but everyone should be grateful for what they received and not envious of others anyway.  The only reason to feel bad is if you sent something that wasn't even close to the price range (have a Keith!) or something they won't want at all.

Mathius

MG, the Duo I received was not a Secret Santa. I just placed it in this thread as it counted as a Christmas gift. Sorry for any confusion.

bob

I think it has a little to do with who you are paired up with too. For instance, I went a bit over the limit because of who I got. I don't know who mine was, but I am very grateful for what I got.
Also, last year my recipient asked for a couple games I happened to have dupes of.

MrFlutterPie

/9kxfszQ.jpg

Here is my gift :mrgreen:  I have Graduis 1 for the PCE (I won't waste my time with the crappy NES version) so now I can continue to kick ass in the series.

My secret Santa also wrapped my gift and added a super sweet Santa Zonk tag that I kept.  I hope to post pics of that soon.

Xak

Im serious , Europe especially eastern Europe and Russian culuture takes the story of St. Noel very seriously. Research it if you dont believe me.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Xak on 12/28/2013, 10:19 PMIm serious , Europe especially eastern Europe and Russian culuture takes the story of St. Noel very seriously. Research it if you dont believe me.
All I got out of this was cluclu land.

Xak

cluclu clan?

turboswimbz

The NES game.  I do believe he is calling out your extra "u" in culture.  You typed it culuture.  Which would have been easily glanced over as cluclu.   

I don't know what clu clu clan is. nor do I want to know why you suggested that.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Xak

LMFAO oops.

Yeah i knew about the NES game btw.  I see now my typo lol

CrackTiger

Zachary "Zack" Morris is a fictional character from the sitcoms Good Morning, Miss Bliss; Saved by the Bell; Saved by the Bell: The College Years; and Saved by the Bell: The New Class. He was portrayed by Mark-Paul Gosselaar. Though the character appeared in several different television programs, Gosselaar made a concerted effort to keep the character fundamentally the same through its various incarnations.

I'm serious. Research it if you dont believe me.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

PunkCryborg

Quote from: Xak on 12/29/2013, 12:51 PMLMFAO oops.

Yeah i knew about the NES game btw.  I see now my typo lol
Please stop bumping this thread with your incoherent, nonsensical rambling. You have nothing to do with our Secret Santa gift exchange and your posts are completely pointless and off topic.

Xak

^That was awesome , nice read. I used to be the Zack Morris of my mid 90s middle school

jeffhlewis

A little late to the party; just got back home from holiday travel extravaganza 2013 - but here's my goods:

pcefx-santa-2013.webp

Mathius

So wait. Did you get the PC Engine versions in the US cases?

roflmao

Quote from: Mathius on 12/29/2013, 11:52 PMSo wait. Did you get the PC Engine versions in the US cases?
I'm guessing they're Sparky labels.  I've created US cases using Sparky labels from some of my loose PCE hueys. :)

Nice, Jeff!  I've been wanting to play JJ & Jeff / Kato & Ken again and Cadash is all sorts of fun.