10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Best PC Engine sound effects and jingles for cell phone alerts and ringers

Started by spenoza, 10/12/2013, 04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spenoza

There's also a best music for cell phone ringers thread, but this is a little different. I don't like to have 30 seconds of a 2 minute long track as a ringer. I like something short and repeatable. And since phones these days alert us to this, that, and the other thing all the time, we also need little short alert sounds.

So what PC Engine sound effects, jingles, and short music loops do you think would make the best ringers and alerts?

I'm going to offer up one for the fan with thick skin. The Extra Life sound from Gunhed / Blazing Lazers. Obnoxious as fuck, but you'll never miss a text with that going off in your ear.

Arkhan Asylum

I like the smart bomb noise in Atlantean.   lol.

Wait til you guys hear it.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

hoobs88

I've always been partial to the fanfare in Cadash when you open a chest.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

ccovell

It's gotta be a 2-minute loop of your Nova Sword striking the revolver enemies in Keith Courage...

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: ccovell on 10/12/2013, 07:31 PMIt's gotta be a 2-minute loop of your Nova Sword striking the revolver enemies in Keith Courage...
That, is awesome!  I can only imagine that...for 2 fricken' minutes! Yikes!

Anyways, as for alerts, I have the Ys 1 & 2 treasure box tune as my text message notification.  Not Turbo related, but I have Mega Man 1's boss selected tune for voice mails, & Suikoden 1's fanfare for picture messages.
IMG

roflmao

I have "First Step Toward Wars"from Ys Book I & II set as my ringtone for all incoming calls but have been too lazy to further customize my cell phone.

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Psycho Punch

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 10/13/2013, 12:30 AMAnyways, as for alerts, I have the Ys 1 & 2 treasure box tune as my text message notification.
Was going to post this! A perfect tune for the "message received" alerts.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

_Paul

I have the invincibility jingle from PC Genjin as my ringtone.

esteban

Great topic!  :pcgs: 

I rarely have time to fiddle around with alert sounds, but I'd love to find something via this thread.

96% of the time my devices are on MUTE. Otherwise, I prefer SUBTLE jingles/SFX, since it makes life more pleasant (and I loathe douche-bags/-baguettes with annoying phones).

Even if it's not your cup-o-tea, I'd love to hear suggestions for subtle, gentle jingles/SFX.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

burn_654

My quick picks would be the 'next turn' howl from Nectaris/Military Madness and the 'stage start' jingle from Ninja Spirit :P
Quote from: RegalSinYou know for that r-tard who goes like "oh something retro, let me put down my vabagelina, stop drinking my cheeze wine, and get to playing".

Nando

Digi.k

I've always had a soft spot for the intro jingle for pentarou on parodius da.

For a longer loop the scorpion boss theme on super star soldier

My current android phone has the intro for the ds game animal crossing ringing..

esteban

c0ldb33r

I only use my phone or work. Every time it goes off I get pissy.

If you're like me, don't use PCE sounds as a ringer because you'll start to hate the ring. I lost many favourite songs that way.
Member of the F@ck EBAY Club

Digi.k

I suggest you sample the chapel stage from splatterhouse as your ringtone since Halloween is coming up :o

Tatsujin

I'ld love to have the gate of thunder boss explosion plus the follwoing "stage clear" sample as a ringtone. But were I come from, peeps almost never use any ring tones (and for good reasons), so it would be almost meaningless..lol
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esteban

I've said this before, but I love the deep bass "BWUB BWUB BWUB" sound the "cosmic flying brains" make when you shoot them in Blazing Lazers/GunHed.

The explosion SFX when these cosmic brains blow up is pretty awesome, too, but would be horribly annoying on a phone.

dq333

Bikkuriman World when you get a perfect round, LOVE that fruit machine sound.  Legendary AXE has some cool tunes.

Digi.k

one of the soldier games has the sample of "alien approaching, alien approaching"    phone jingle worthy?

Some great tracks on final soldier and soldier blade too.