@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Akira Nishitani Reveals Tidbits about SF2 and FF Development

Started by jeffhlewis, 11/18/2013, 10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffhlewis

This is gold - Akira Nishitani (director of Street Fighter 2 and Final Fight) went on twitter and dropped a bunch of knowledge about the two games' development...pretty cool technical stuff:

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/akira-nishitani-speaks-sf2-director-154210.0.html

MrFlutterPie

Wow there was some cool stuff in there.

Thanks for sharing :)

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Arjak

Wow, awesome find! There's a lot of great info here...

Someone needs to ask him about Poison from Final Fight. The truth must be known! :P
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

Opethian

IMG

MrFlutterPie

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Arjak

Quote from: Opethian on 11/19/2013, 04:50 PMpoison is a transgender
I think that was just a myth created after the fact. There is absolutely no evidence of that in the game. What I REALLY want to know is what the original intention was.
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

CrackTiger

The last thing I heard from somebody who worked at Capcom in Japan is that Poison is pre-op there, but official post-op in the U.S., because somehow that's less offensive. I'd love to see a tweet like these discuss early ideas right through to the published game for her.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

geise

Since it's an imaginative character it doesn't really matter.  It's all left up to your imagination. :lol:

TR0N

Quote from: geise on 11/20/2013, 11:49 AMSince it's an imaginative character it doesn't really matter.  It's all left up to your imagination. :lol:
Yeah that's allot of imagination oh boy  :shock:
IMG
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

MrFlutterPie

The story supposedly goes like this.  Poison is female but Nintendo of America didn't think it was right to be beating up women so they wanted to switch the sprites to be male.  Capcom said that they didn't need to switch out the sprites because she was transgender and thus already a man so there was no violence against women in the game.  From there on she is officially considered to be transgender by Capcom.

However, the original intent was that she would be female but that changed real quick after the Nintendo censorship issue.

geise

So Nintendo US said it's ok to  beat up transgenders?

Opethian

Quote from: geise on 11/21/2013, 10:42 AMSo Nintendo US said it's ok to  beat up transgenders?
when they are dressed like that and deceitful...yes
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: geise on 11/21/2013, 10:42 AMSo Nintendo US said it's ok to  beat up transgenders?
No they said that they still had to swap out the female looking characters for male looking ones and poison/roxy do not appear in the NA SNES version.

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: guest on 11/21/2013, 11:09 AM
No they said that they still had to swap out the female looking characters for male looking ones and poison/roxy do not appear in the NA SNES version.
Exactly.  Poison and Roxy were replaced with a male punk sprite called Billy and Sid.  Nintendo U.S is responsible for Poison being Transgender though lol.

The U.S GBA version doesn't even have Poison in it.  They kept Billy and Sid  in it as well.

geise

Yeah, sorry I read that wrong.  I know about the sprite change for SNES.  I was thinking nintendo was thinking oh, it's ok, but lets still change it.  I'm still learning to read.

Regardless I think Capcom said that so they could just get away with less work for localization.

jeffhlewis

I love how any discussion on Final Fight eventually devolves into "Does Poison have a dick?"

geise

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 11/21/2013, 02:17 PMI love how any discussion on Final Fight eventually devolves into "Does Poison have a dick?"
Haha!  So true!  Probably why Capcom said that to begin with.  So nerds decades later will be "so...yes or no?..."

ccovell

geise

:lol: ^ AWESOME! I just noticed it has Drag in the album title.