10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Lets talk giant robots!

Started by Nando, 01/02/2014, 09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nando

I grew up eating, breathing and sleeping, Go-Nagais creations, Mazinger-Z and Kotetsu jeeg (El Vengador for those in spanish speaking countries)etc, etc, etc

nagai__s_super_robot_classics_by_zer013-d329lak.webp

What about you?

and I want this!!

BAN_SOC_KOTETSU_JIGU.webp

munchiaz

i wish i grew up on this stuff as a kid. I am into gundam, but it doesn't seem to be the same as this stuff

Nando

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/02/2014, 11:24 AMi wish i grew up on this stuff as a kid. I am into gundam, but it doesn't seem to be the same as this stuff
You can find a ton of this stuff on youtube nowadays. Nagai had some really sweet concepts.

munchiaz

which one(s) would you recommend i watch?

Nando

My favorites growing up were, in no particular order.

Mazinger Z

Daiku Maryu Gaiking

Kotetsu Jeeg

Tatakae! Gakeen / Magne Robo Gakeen

whisper2053

I sooooo want one of these on my desk...

IMG
IMG
IMG

Pretty obvious where my heart lies :P
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

PCEngineHell

/robots_gobots_cykill1_zps1548383e.jpg
/robots_gobots_cykill_zpsc369ba41.jpg
/cy-kill04_zps2bf9f6fe.jpg

What, no takers? :P

Xak

Eww^

Blood Gear is the only gaint robots I like.
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

turbokon

Go-bots, I used to pretend I was scooter for my little brother.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

bob

Turbo was the first go-bot I owned

nectarsis

Gundam
Macross
Transformers
Gurren Laggan
Code Geass
Escaflowne
Martian Successor Nadesico
Raxephon
etc etc etc
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Nando

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/02/2014, 01:05 PM/robots_gobots_cykill1_zps1548383e.jpg
I liked GoBots, but they were no Transformers. I did like that floor kick the black car used to do.

See I don't even remember their names. 

I do remember the good guys base was a giant At-At knock off, that looks like one of those Sony robot dogs.

Nando

Here we go

IMG

can't compare to this

IMG

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Nando on 01/02/2014, 02:45 PM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/02/2014, 01:05 PM/robots_gobots_cykill1_zps1548383e.jpg
I liked GoBots, but they were no Transformers. I did like that floor kick the black car used to do.

See I don't even remember their names. 

I do remember the good guys base was a giant At-At knock off, that looks like one of those Sony robot dogs.
Go-Bots were cool when I was a kid, but only in their own niche sort of way. That Rock Lord shit tanked them though completely.

turbokon

Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Nando

I started reading about the JP Voltron a bit ago. Worlds different front what we got.

ToyMachine78

Go bots were a poor mans transformers lol.

In regards to giant robots and games... Anyone here play through Blood Gear for PCE? How is it? I'm thinking about picking That one up.

roflmao

I grew up watching this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force_Five

Which led to Robotech and Voltron.  :D

TR0N

See my avatar  :wink: Oh yeah and those valkyrie's from macross and the mechs from armord troopers votoms and mospeada as well.
Armord Trooper Votoms OP
Intro - Macross original opening
Genesis Climber Mospeada Opening
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 01/02/2014, 11:46 PMGo bots were a poor mans transformers lol.

In regards to giant robots and games... Anyone here play through Blood Gear for PCE? How is it? I'm thinking about picking That one up.
In japan(gobots) was know as machine robo and they got the better show to,then the crappy u.s show.Yeah it's a useless fact just thought id i thought point it out though.
Machine Robo 1st, 2nd Ops, and 1st End clean
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Sparky

esteban

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/02/2014, 03:30 PMGo-Bots were cool when I was a kid, but only in their own niche sort of way. That Rock Lord shit tanked them though completely.
I remember getting 2-3 Rock Lords back in the day....while it was fun to throw them around, roll them on the ground...all the rocks looked the same (just different colors/finishes). It definitely was a step down from the "robot + vehicle" concept. Even M.A.S.K. offered more fun (vehicle + weapon). 

Also: Gobots (vehicle + goofball).
 :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ToyMachine78

Quote from: esteban on 01/03/2014, 05:57 AM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/02/2014, 03:30 PMGo-Bots were cool when I was a kid, but only in their own niche sort of way. That Rock Lord shit tanked them though completely.
I remember getting 2-3 Rock Lords back in the day....while it was fun to throw them around, roll them on the ground...all the rocks looked the same (just different colors/finishes). It definitely was a step down from the "robot + vehicle" concept. Even M.A.S.K. offered more fun (vehicle + weapon). 

Also: Gobots (vehicle + goofball).
 :pcgs:
Oh man I forgot about M.A.S.K!!!! It kicked ass!!