RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Wind Chill Sucks

Started by TheClash603, 01/07/2014, 05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheClash603

How cold was it where you were today?

Buffalo, NY got down to -5 and wind chill was -30.  All of the roads were closed due to white outs, because the snow was blowing so much.  I think this is the coldest weather I ever have experienced for a sustainable period.

NecroPhile

It was about the same temps here yesterday (high of 0, low of -12, and wind chill at -20 to -40), but thankfully no snow to contend with.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

turboswimbz

Luckily our snow melted after a 60 degree F night. (which promtly turned to ice)  Today saw around 11 F with windchills in the -5 F to -10 F range.  This morning before the sun was up it was -2 and windchills in the -20's which sucked.

Checked in on family skiing At the house we have by albany up in the catskils it was zero with a windchill of -30 F.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

TheClash603

I just saw Buffalo made the CBS Evening News where they talked about record colds everywhere...  then at the end it said, "but things are worse in Buffalo, where it hasn't been as cold in over 70 years and there are white out and blizzard conditions."

I am hiding inside tomorrow.  My friend broke his leg when he was walking and fell, so I don't need to mess with that!

o.pwuaioc

removed

rag-time4

A mild 65 degrees here in California, with no wind.

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

hizaygizirlz

i think it was around -35 last night in the chicago-land area, but we should improve greatly by friday.
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

ToyMachine78

13F this morn with wind chill of 2F in South Cakalacky

Sparky

Ya -40 here in the land of Canucks, Toronto to be exact.

One of my co- workers throw a hot cup of coffee in the air out side and it turned into frozen mist.
Us Canadians are easily entertained :)

roflmao

It's been so cold here in the Kansas City area lately that when it hit 30 today, it actually felt warm.

TheClash603

Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/07/2014, 08:26 PMhttp://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2007/02/wind_chill_blows.html
It exists.  When there was 40mph winds outside, it was colder than when there wasn't.  My skin is smarter than that article I couldn't finish reading.

Xak

it was great 40degrees in miami beach
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

jeffhlewis

Think we hit about -38 in Milwaukee last night. I discovered a new sensation - when you breathe in your nasal cavity freezes, then when you exhale it thaws. Fucking weird.

But yeah this shit sucks. I can deal with a lot of cold, but this is just brutal.

esteban

Seeing how crazy other parts of the world are (Buffalo, Milwaukee, Canadia*), I can't complain about being slightly chilled in NYC/NJ  IMG  YOUR PAIN HELPS ME COPE, and for that, I thank you.

* Not a misspelling. Intentional. Canadia is a cold, icy place.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TR0N

Mostly in MD between -8 or -28 for most of the week here.I'm kind of sick of this bitter cold weather as well,but by the weekend it will in the 50's for a nice break from the cold.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Bloufo

Quote from: TR0N on 01/08/2014, 05:58 AMI'm kind of sick of this bitter cold weather as well, but by the weekend it will in the 50's for a nice break from the cold.
A nice break from the cold in the 50's ? as in 50 °F?
That type of weather over here (South Africa) is more or less considered as freezing! lol
Weather wise I feel for you guys.

Xak

You know Sadlers item list contained a real life substance that would bring warmth to the most freezing parts of the world to men that lived there.
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

JoshTurboTrollX

Central WI checking in at -12 this morning and rising with the sun... I believe it's going to be -5 in a few hours!!

On Monday it was -27 and Tuesday the low was -24.  School and many business we closed during those days and scrambling for daycare was fun....

Rumor has it that this weekend the highs will be in the 30s!!  Heat wave com'n!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

turboswimbz

Speaking of heat waves and Cold Snaps I found this bit of weather intresting for the NJ area:

3rd it was 23°F High 6°

4th it was 30°F High 0° Low

5th it was  52°F High 23 Low

6th  it was 57°F  High  19° Low

7th it was 17°F High   3° Low
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

TheClash603

The only thing worse than this ridiculous cold is the swing in temperature where we will be 40 degrees warmer this weekend.  Weather swings always mess with my sinuses and get me sick.

munchiaz

Its been in the 60's here in AZ. I lived in buffalo for 18 years........I'm not going back. I still have tons of friends and family there, who have supplied me with pictures and videos. Shit is crazy

TR0N

Quote from: Bloufo on 01/08/2014, 08:31 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 01/08/2014, 05:58 AMI'm kind of sick of this bitter cold weather as well, but by the weekend it will in the 50's for a nice break from the cold.
A nice break from the cold in the 50's ? as in 50 °F?
That type of weather over here (South Africa) is more or less considered as freezing! lol
Weather wise I feel for you guys.
It can be like that in maryland during the winter either it's mild weather or bitter cold.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

rag-time4

We are really suffering out here in California  :-"

Arctic Chill in LA

NightWolve

nectarsis' FB pic summed it up for us in Illinois:

IMG

Damn Sub Zero, he's the champ...

FiftyQuid

Quote from: guest on 01/07/2014, 10:50 PMYa -40 here in the land of Canucks, Toronto to be exact.

One of my co- workers throw a hot cup of coffee in the air out side and it turned into frozen mist.
-38 in Ottawa.  Must be all the hot air the government is blowing keeping it 2 degree's Celsius warmer here than in Toronto.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

TheClash603

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 01/09/2014, 09:08 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/07/2014, 10:50 PMYa -40 here in the land of Canucks, Toronto to be exact.

But you have Beaver Tails to keep you warm!
-38 in Ottawa.  Must be all the hot air the government is blowing keeping it 2 degree's Celsius warmer here than in Toronto.

wildfruit

Currently 8C (46F) in southeast England. Mildest winter i can recall in 30 years

turboswimbz

Quote from: wildfruit on 01/10/2014, 10:54 AMCurrently 8C (46F) in southeast England. Mildest winter i can recall in 30 years
I've had several friends in the UK over the past month, all have said that it was much warmer over there than around New York.  Strange weather patterns indeed.  The Southern Hemisphere is very warm up to 120 F in places.  Santigo is all but on fire. All in all I'll take a few days in cold. Can't complain.

KnightWarrior

It's like 60's in where I'm at

wildfruit

Still unseasonally warm in London area 12c (56f)