OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Returning to pc engine! (And tg16)

Started by kenomac78, 01/15/2014, 06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenomac78

Hey all

I used to post on here long ago. To pay off all kinds of debts and also lack of time I had gotten out of pce and tg 16 gaming. But now after some years things have turned around and I said oh what they hey, let's start all over!

So I bought a white pce, will be restoring it up and getting some games soon!

Also, anyone else on this board living in japan? I'm a long time resident and thought there might some fans near by. If not, I could provide some good japan game stories

Thanks

NecroPhile

Howdy!  There's a few members that currently live in Japan, but I'd love to hear any entertaining stories you have.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

turboswimbz

Hello, Yes regale us in tale anyway.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

kenomac78

Well I can talk about waiting in line for the wii launch but I got to work right now!

esteban

Welcome back, comrade  :pcgs:.

I recognize the name, but can't remember much else.

Please tell me/us about the Rural vs. Urban scene in Japan. If you live out in the wilds, do you still have access to decent internet?

Also, are there any folk stories (or recent news reports) about feral children raised by frogs in Kyoto?

Thanks in advance.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

kenomac78

Actually I've lived both urban and rural  . I spent several years living in Fukushima until may 2011 when I was forced out due to the situation with the earthquake and now live in Tokyo. Country life is way better I say. Internet access has never been slow, it's the same everywhere. Fast! Game shops in the country are great!! No damn tourists coming in picking it over and games are cheap! I even saw things like boxed famicom av for 2500¥ and stacks of games too! City shops do have more selection but also higher prices and I don't buy from touristy places , might get your fingers bit!

I don't know about the frog children

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

kenomac78

Oh ya I should say that after leaving there my game collection went to zero. The choice was abandon it or sell it as space to keep it was not possible for months after and I didn't think I'd have space again at all

esteban

Quote from: kenomac78 on 01/16/2014, 04:20 PMActually I've lived both urban and rural  . I spent several years living in Fukushima until may 2011 when I was forced out due to the situation with the earthquake and now live in Tokyo. Country life is way better I say. Internet access has never been slow, it's the same everywhere. Fast! Game shops in the country are great!! No damn tourists coming in picking it over and games are cheap! I even saw things like boxed famicom av for 2500¥ and stacks of games too! City shops do have more selection but also higher prices and I don't buy from touristy places , might get your fingers bit!

I don't know about the frog children
:pcgs:

That's interesting about enjoying the rural areas. I have never been to Japan, but I have always wondered what it would be like NOT to live in a major city. I think it is a matter of finding a decent job...if your job allows you to live in the country (with zero to minimal commuting), then it would be quite intriguing to me.

Do you ever see any XaviX stuff over there? Yes, I'm serious.

Now I have to do research on Japanese folklore, because I sure as hell suspect that tales of feral children, a la Japonais, would be intriguing. Yes, still serious.

kenomac78

Living in Japanese countryside is heaven on earth , I say! But yes there are very few jobs that you can do if you're not a native born fluent citizen and I was very lucky, but did have to leave unfortunately.  Perhaps owner of a B and B might be the easiest possible job to do. There's always English teacher too but there's no advancement pay raise or sectors in that whatsoever

kenomac78

I've never seen xavix before sorry!

Tatsujin

Quote from: kenomac78 on 01/16/2014, 04:20 PMI even saw things like boxed famicom av for 2500¥ and stacks of games too!
Hey, I even bought two boxed AV FC for even ¥1000 each once, and that wasn't even that much in rural :)
but prices are going crazy now almost everywhere.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

kenomac78

I guess it's where ya go. Right now though , maybe a little bit before was prime ps2 buying time.

Tatsujin

Btw. esty, few hardrolfs around here carry some xavix stuff on a regular basis.
Sometimes boxed for 500 yens.
But it looks like shit, therefore I never bothered to buy one :)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esteban

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/17/2014, 08:52 PMBtw. esty, few hardrolfs around here carry some xavix stuff on a regular basis.
Sometimes boxed for 500 yens.
But it looks like shit, therefore I never bothered to buy one :)
The Jackie Chan game (with a jump pad) is the best thing going for the XaviX. In one of the modes ("Adventure Mode"?), you run around the streets of Hong Kong, avoiding obstacles. Every now and then...NINJAS ATTACK YOU. Simply wonderful.  :pcgs:

All exercise/physical fitness software needs to have fun elements like that. Seriously. If only as an option.

This came out prior to the Wii, but I'm still curious about Golf, Baseball, Bowling and any other title I don't have.

I have a grand total of two games: boxing and Jackie Chan.

Xak

if you speak japanese you have got yourself hands down the best system ever made
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

NecroPhile

It's the best even if you don't speak Japanese. 
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Tatsujin

validouche under his daily douchery.