@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

2014 Midwest Gaming Classic

Started by Bardoly, 01/22/2014, 05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathius

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 02/27/2014, 09:01 PMI'm missing a wedding out east for MGC. Duty calls.
You're missing two weddings. :wink: I understand though. They way we had to set it up would make it hard for any of you guys to attend.

Ash

Quote from: Mathius on 02/27/2014, 09:39 PM
Quote from: jeffhlewis on 02/27/2014, 09:01 PMI'm missing a wedding out east for MGC. Duty calls.
You're missing two weddings. :wink: I understand though. They way we had to set it up would make it hard for any of you guys to attend.
Wish all our gang could be there for our big day. I understand.... too much travel :/ At least we all of us will be seeing each other soon :)

jeffhlewis

It just means you guys have to do it all over again at MGC ;)

OldRover

There's no way I'm making it unless an extra $1200 falls in my lap over the next 30 days. Sorry. :(
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Mathius

Quote from: OldRover on 03/02/2014, 10:32 PMThere's no way I'm making it unless an extra $1200 falls in my lap over the next 30 days. Sorry. :(
That really stinks, Rove. Hopefully next year, brother.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 03/02/2014, 10:22 PMIt just means you guys have to do it all over again at MGC ;)
Request for full reenactment!!  :)
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TR0N

Health,money is still a issue for me so a no go.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Mathius

Quote from: TR0N on 03/04/2014, 04:31 AMHealth,money is still a issue for me so a no go.
Sorry to hear that, Tron. MGC will be there when you are ready to make your grand entrance. :)

Ash

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 03/03/2014, 09:45 AM
Quote from: jeffhlewis on 03/02/2014, 10:22 PMIt just means you guys have to do it all over again at MGC ;)
Request for full reenactment!!  :)
My wedding dress would be a hassle to wear At MGC LOL.

JoshTurboTrollX

MGC goers- seek out this banner.

IMG
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Opethian

IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Opethian on 03/11/2014, 12:59 PMwill aetherbyte be there?
The games we'll be showcasing will, however I still have not heard from Ark if he'll be bringing his arse to the show or not.

Opethian

I know he said its too far but doesn't sound like no :D
IMG

Mathius

Hopefully you didn't spend too much money on the artist that created that high quality banner.  :P

turbokon

I will be going. Luckily blue reminded me. I've been so busy I almost forgot about it.  I will be flying in that Friday.  Anyone local who can pick me up from the airport?
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

jeffhlewis

What time do you fly in? I'll be there around 11 am or so to pick up a buddy

turbokon

Thanks man, perfect timing my flight should arrive at 10am.

www.tg16pcemods.com

Mathius

Looks like we are going to have a great turnout this year. The "PCFXers at MGC" family keeps growing.

turboswimbz

Well I had high hopes for making this but, there in't really a chance I can make it.   :(
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

chany60126

Quote from: turboswimbz on 03/13/2014, 08:29 PMWell I had high hopes for making this but, there in't really a chance I can make it.   :(
Sorry to hear that turbowim. There will be more PCEFX/turbo gatherings at the Video Game Summit on July 12th and at Octurbofest later on in the year in case you are interested. Both events take place in Chicagoland.

jeffhlewis

Quote from: turbokon on 03/13/2014, 08:01 PMThanks man, perfect timing my flight should arrive at 10am.
I checked my buddy's flight schedule and that should actually work out - I'll send you a PM

Mathius

4 weeks to go all!

Turbokon, any chance I could get you to mod one of my Duos while we are at MGC? Remembering to bring my converter is always a hassle and I am terrified I am going to lose it at one of these shows. I haven't decided if I want to mod my Duo-R or Turbo Duo. I think I need Beamer to open my Turbo Duo anyway to fix something. Hmmm decisions decisions.  :-k

If you just want to relax at the show I will completely understand. I'm not hard to get along with. :)

turbokon

I wasn't planning on bringing any tools but if there's already tools there I can use, I can do it.  Chop5 will be there, I'll ask him if he's planning on doing any work there.

www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

Also, I'm planning on bringing a few systems to showcase the component video boards.  Any chance any of you have some open table space for me to demo them. I'm bringing a pce ifu, genesis and SNES.

www.tg16pcemods.com

Mathius

Quote from: turbokon on 03/16/2014, 03:33 PMI wasn't planning on bringing any tools but if there's already tools there I can use, I can do it.  Chop5 will be there, I'll ask him if he's planning on doing any work there.
Cool! Again if it doesn't work out no big deal.

Quote from: turbokon on 03/16/2014, 03:39 PMAlso, I'm planning on bringing a few systems to showcase the component video boards.  Any chance any of you have some open table space for me to demo them. I'm bringing a pce ifu, genesis and SNES.
I would have to get with JD or Dan Loosen on this. I think all space is already reserved though. :(

jeffhlewis

Quote from: Mathius on 03/16/2014, 08:50 PM
Quote from: turbokon on 03/16/2014, 03:33 PMI wasn't planning on bringing any tools but if there's already tools there I can use, I can do it.  Chop5 will be there, I'll ask him if he's planning on doing any work there.
Cool! Again if it doesn't work out no big deal.

Quote from: turbokon on 03/16/2014, 03:39 PMAlso, I'm planning on bringing a few systems to showcase the component video boards.  Any chance any of you have some open table space for me to demo them. I'm bringing a pce ifu, genesis and SNES.
I would have to get with JD or Dan Loosen on this. I think all space is already reserved though. :(
We actually might have a need for some extra systems in the museum area, though if you're running components we'll probably need dedicated TVs for those as the standard sets we have generally are composite. Like Mati said, we can check with the powers-that-be and get back to you.

We try to run better video connections where we can but it gets tricky when not everyone has modded consoles and we have needs for 50+ displays sometimes.

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 03/17/2014, 03:39 PMSo who wants to set up a laptop w/ skype somewhere in the turbob area for me?  I can't be there, but have this burning desire to be a talking head on a table so I can pester passers by and hit on the ladies.
Reminds me of when Tats was our talking head at MGC 2012 LOL!

jeffhlewis

Quote from: guest on 03/17/2014, 03:39 PMSo who wants to set up a laptop w/ skype somewhere in the turbob area for me?  I can't be there, but have this burning desire to be a talking head on a table so I can pester passers by and hit on the ladies.
You may want us to shut the laptop when you see some of the ladies at the event.

BlueBMW

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 03/17/2014, 06:16 PM
You may want us to shut the laptop when you see some of the ladies at the event.
This ^^^

Though what about crazy mary?  Null could keep her occupied...
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

jeffhlewis

Quote from: guest on 03/17/2014, 06:48 PMLol... I had no idea that Tats had been a talking head @ MGC... or that anyone had for that matter!

And... crazy mary? Sounds hot! (Gets the feeling that maybe the laptop should stay closed)
In all seriousness, if you want us to do a Skype or Facetime call (if you have an apple device) or whatevs - we can hook it up. just gotta coordinate time.

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 03/17/2014, 09:42 PMI was thinking more like a persistent Skype session. I could be on a rolly cart someone would push around, or perhaps in the basket of a mobility scooter that someone could ride around.

But beggars can't be choosers! I'll settle for a scheduled type thing. :lol:
That's how I envisioned Tats' "attending" of MGC a few years back. BlueBMW would chaperone this floating head of a Swiss man, living in Japan, around the show. I found that so hilarious to the point of being unhealthy.

jeffhlewis

SOLUTION! facing the other way, of course:

IMG

munchiaz

Any of you guys plan on doing any sort of streaming. Maybe a split setup that streams the game(s), and a camera on the people actually playing the games?

Mathius

Quote from: munchiaz on 03/18/2014, 02:52 PMAny of you guys plan on doing any sort of streaming. Maybe a split setup that streams the game(s), and a camera on the people actually playing the games?
I don't believe so. Don't quote me on that, however.

munchiaz

I would love
Quote from: Mathius on 03/18/2014, 03:03 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 03/18/2014, 02:52 PMAny of you guys plan on doing any sort of streaming. Maybe a split setup that streams the game(s), and a camera on the people actually playing the games?
I would love to watch a stream on this, and think it would be good exposure for the event, and for people who cant make it out

turbokon

I was thinking of strapping a gopro camera on me.

www.tg16pcemods.com

munchiaz

Quote from: turbokon on 03/18/2014, 03:12 PMI was thinking of strapping a gopro camera on me.
that would be fun to watch

NecroPhile

Null would definitely prefer the strap-on.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

jeffhlewis

Quote from: munchiaz on 03/18/2014, 03:10 PMI would love
Quote from: Mathius on 03/18/2014, 03:03 PM
I would love to watch a stream on this, and think it would be good exposure for the event, and for people who cant make it out
Until the show moves to a downtown area and a larger conference space, it's kind of stuck in this weird  conundrum of having tons of people attend (think it was close to 7,000 last year) and wanting to grow more, but being landlocked into a medium-sized conference center hotel. The event LITERALLY takes over the entire hotel, from top to bottom. They could probably grow the show by 50% or more in one year with a bigger space.

That said, it's a blast. It's a really unique show in the sense that it's not heavy on corporate sponsorship - really it's just a lot of dedicated fan groups and volunteers who keep it going.

If you live in the Midwest you have no excuse - make the trip!

roflmao

I asked for some time off for this today and got it!  My weekend pass was promptly ordered.  I can't wait to see y'all again!

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 03/19/2014, 09:46 PMI asked for some time off for this today and got it!  My weekend pass was promptly ordered.  I can't wait to see y'all again!
Dan, this is your first MGC right? Be prepared for some awesome!

roflmao

Yep, it's my first time to MGC. What hotels are you guys staying at? (or are most of you local enough to go home in the evenings?)

Flare65

I'll only be going for the Saturday.  I'm local enough I can drive up and back the same day.

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 03/19/2014, 10:08 PMYep, it's my first time to MGC. What hotels are you guys staying at? (or are most of you local enough to go home in the evenings?)
The event is actually held at the Sheraton hotel. You can get a discounted rate if you make your reservations through the MGC website.

http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/location/

Edit: And most of us, I think, are staying at the hotel.

roflmao

Quote from: Mathius on 03/19/2014, 10:31 PMThe event is actually held at the Sheraton hotel. You can get a discounted rate if you make your reservations through the MGC website.

Ah, it appears to be sold out.  I'll see if I can find a nearby hotel.

EDIT: I'm staying at the Brookfield Suites Hotel.  Just down the street.  I reserved a room with 2 double beds in case anyone else needs a place to crash.

No need to repeat last gatherings awkwardness...  :wink:

jeffhlewis

Quote from: guest on 03/19/2014, 11:17 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 03/19/2014, 10:31 PMThe event is actually held at the Sheraton hotel. You can get a discounted rate if you make your reservations through the MGC website.

Ah, it appears to be sold out.  I'll see if I can find a nearby hotel.

EDIT: I'm staying at the Brookfield Suites Hotel.  Just down the street.  I reserved a room with 2 double beds in case anyone else needs a place to crash.

No need to repeat last gatherings awkwardness...  :wink:
MGC is like VGS and Octurbofest put together times 50 billion. PREPARE YOURSELF.

Archive: The Immortals - Johnny Cage (Prepare Yourself)

turbokon

Quote from: roflmao on 03/19/2014, 09:46 PMI asked for some time off for this today and got it!  My weekend pass was promptly ordered.  I can't wait to see y'all again!
Awesome man, can't wait to met up with y'all again. I will staying at the Sheraton.  I was surprise I was able to booked a room there still.

www.tg16pcemods.com

majors

Quote from: guest on 03/19/2014, 09:46 PMI asked for some time off for this today and got it!  My weekend pass was promptly ordered.  I can't wait to see y'all again!
This is all sorts of awesome!
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: majors on 03/20/2014, 08:38 AM
This is all sorts of awesome!
I have videos of me galavanting around past events if anyone is interested in getting a taste of what it's like... (However, I've heard that attendance and the size of the con is nearly double what it was in earlier years.)

ToyMachine78

I wish this wasn't quite so far away. I would love to meet you guys in person.