OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Found low res pic of rumored racing game for Iron Man in article on the FX

Started by handygrafx, 01/28/2014, 09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

handygrafx

I cannot help that this is of such low-res/quality, it isn't my own scan.

IMG

I found it here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/65846913@N02/sets/72157627349694847/detail/

It's from Electronic Gaming Monthly issue 54

So this is what the rumored F-1 game for PC-FX looked like.
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/PC-FX/html/pc-fx_world_-_facts___rumors.html

QuoteRacing
NEC HE

Looks like this title might have been a victim of NEC's strict guidelines for what games could be made for the FX. NEC didn't want certain games to be made for the FX, and though NEC HE started development on this racer that was supposed to be based on F1 Circus from the PC-Engine, it was scrapped almost as quickly as it begun. Very unfortunate.
I don't know if the picture of the racing game is meant to be real-time, like the part of that 'Super Star Soldier 3D' that was real-time flat-shaded polygons,  or what.

IMG

Psycho Punch

The picture of the racing game is mislabeled, it is a PS1 tech demo according to unseen64.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

JoshTurboTrollX

I remember that article, was so blown away by the polygons!!  I'm curious if I have that issue still....

The one that got me truly excited about was seeing one of the bosses from Lords of Thunder in what looked like 3D form....
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

megatron-uk

Quote from: handygrafx on 01/28/2014, 09:18 AMI don't know if the picture of the racing game is meant to be real-time, like the part of that 'Super Star Soldier 3D' that was real-time flat-shaded polygons,  or what.

IMG
That image looks very much like Star Fighter 3000 from the old Acorn Archimedes (and later the Saturn).

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NightWolve

Yeah, I have the EGM issue this came from, remember reading all this stuff about the specs, etc.

Oh, LOL @ 3DO gun in development. ;) I chose wisely with Sony PSX which was easy given Square's announcement on jumping ship from Nintendo and going with Sony at the start of the 32-bit wars.

JoshTurboTrollX

Code named -FX.  I remember calling TZD about it back in the day asking about the PC-FX.  They said it's not likely to see a US launch, but never say never.

I'm still holding out hope.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!