Newly made development hucard released

Started by Fidde_se, 02/12/2014, 04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fidde_se

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111278279891

Any one here knowing anything about it?

For 10pcs it sound pretty cheap, you will have to use a programmer and solder it onto the board
unless you can find a holder, would have to be a programmer holder and make it rather high.

Yes the turbodrive supersedes it, but this is great for making a small batch of homebrew that's not cd based.
GW/GB/GBP/GBL/GBC/GBA/GBASP/GBASP2/GBM/DS/DSL/DSiXL/3DS/PM/VB/FC/NES/SNES/N64/GC/Wii/PS/PSONE/PS2/PS2S/
SMS/SMS2/GG/NOM/MD/MD2/MD3/MD1CD/SS/DC/XB/XB360/NGP/NGPC/NGPC2/WS/WSC/CSW/PCEGT/PCE/PCECG1/PCECG2/
PCECD/TG16TE/NGAGE/GIZ/GP32/GP2XF1/GP2XF2/GP2XWIZ/GP2XCAN/DA320/ST520/ST1040/LNX/LNX2/JAG/PORT/CD32/A500/
C64/CDi/VMU/POCKSTN/PSP/PSPCFW/FDS/VSM

MotherGunner

Same one mentioned at the bottom of this thread.

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=11230.180

These look nice, I want to make a U.S. Magical Chase now.  Sucks that you actually NEED to solder on the eeprom though as I would want it to look as close to the retail as possible.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: MotherGunner on 02/12/2014, 08:30 PMThese look nice, I want to make a U.S. Magical Chase now.  Sucks that you actually NEED to solder on the eeprom though as I would want it to look as close to the retail as possible.
Yeah, that's where Aetherbyte comes in.

That and we won't charge 75$ + shipping...

;) lol.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

OldRover

Soldering a SOP chip isn't too hard though... I can think of worse things. :lol:
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

MotherGunner

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 02/12/2014, 08:52 PM
Quote from: MotherGunner on 02/12/2014, 08:30 PMThese look nice, I want to make a U.S. Magical Chase now.  Sucks that you actually NEED to solder on the eeprom though as I would want it to look as close to the retail as possible.
Yeah, that's where Aetherbyte comes in.

That and we won't charge 75$ + shipping...

;) lol.
Ah, a clandestine run of U.S. version MC's would be so awesome!
-MG

OldMan

QuoteSoldering a SOP chip isn't too hard though... I can think of worse things. :lol:
Funniest thing I've read all day :)

QuoteFor 10pcs it sound pretty cheap,
I think that's he has 10 pieces. Not all 10 for that price.  Even so, that still makes it about $6 each, just for the bare board...
...which you could get made cheaper.

Tatsujin

but I must admit, that that "bare board" looks super nice and professionally done :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Arkhan Asylum

Ah, right, so it IS a lot of 10.  I thought each one was that much.

and yeah, soldering SOP = no. 

I'd rather just have a big clunker ROM chip + socket so you can swap games out at that point.

Or, a GameOfYou flashcard... lol
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

thesteve

Anyone who has put together a few of the new region mods should have no issues with the soldering 2

TurboXray

I must have decent soldering skills, because that's pretty easy to solder. Dip is nice, I won't lie, but surface mount stuff isn't so bad. 

Quote from: Tatsujin on 02/12/2014, 09:50 PMbut I must admit, that that "bare board" looks super nice and professionally done :)
The guy that originally made them, is sending me a few boards. I need to get a chip converter for my dip programmer.

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Jammaniaclord

PC Cocoron Hunter

fratzengeballer

Bought a bunch of those cards for a gameproject I am working on right now. Great to have some cards for not having to release on cd only

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: fratzengeballer on 02/20/2014, 09:59 AMBought a bunch of those cards for a gameproject I am working on right now. Great to have some cards for not having to release on cd only
What kind of game?

Keranu

Quote from: guest on 02/20/2014, 03:58 PM
Quote from: fratzengeballer on 02/20/2014, 09:59 AMBought a bunch of those cards for a gameproject I am working on right now. Great to have some cards for not having to release on cd only
What kind of game?
Ya, what is he holding back from us!?
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

fratzengeballer

I am not holding back anything but as I am new to this platform I have to find some solutions first, like how to play music, which format etc. When I have a clue about that, then I can continiue on the rest. It is a kind of action puzzle game

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: fratzengeballer on 02/21/2014, 02:07 AMI am not holding back anything but as I am new to this platform I have to find some solutions first, like how to play music, which format etc. When I have a clue about that, then I can continiue on the rest. It is a kind of action puzzle game
For Music, you want Squirrel.   Check it out at www.aetherbyte.com   :)

fratzengeballer

Received my cards and they really look good, only drawback is, that you have to flash the chip before soldering it. Anyway, the cards are really cool. There will be a new designed one soonish

bust3dstr8

I went with Arkhan's idea and set it up to use clunky DIP chips and a socket  :P

IMG

IMG
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

Psycho Punch

Thread: I came. The SOP rom soldering is kinda worrying but the rest is great. I think you could place a little plastic shell on top of the Huey to hide the ROM just like the Ten no koe does to hide the battery socket.

Arkhan hurry up with your bluecards already! :P
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

MotherGunner

Quote from: fratzengeballer on 03/15/2014, 10:17 AMThere will be a new designed one soonish
Any details you can share?  How did you come into that info?

Thanks!
-MG

fratzengeballer

I just asked the guy who did the cards about what would be the smartest way of flashing, like with adapter to directly flash the hue card or flashing before soldering. He answered me, that flashing with hue-adapter will not work as he had to wire the write pin to vcc. He told me that he is on his way to redesign

Psycho Punch

If he could sell the revised board with a mounted flash chip, programmable by tapping into the hucard pins (like I imagine it is on the Arkhan's abcard), it would be great. And a built in One Time Programmable chip for homebrew runs.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

MotherGunner

With today's technology, I wonder why not consider just making them exactly like the original HuCARDs?
-MG

bust3dstr8

Quote from: guest on 03/15/2014, 08:05 PMIf he could sell the revised board with a mounted flash chip, programmable by tapping into the hucard pins (like I imagine it is on the Arkhan's abcard), it would be great. And a built in One Time Programmable chip for homebrew runs.

That could be done with just a few board modifications. If he added a few solder pad jumpers to the control lines the HuCard flash combo could be shipped in write mode and then after you program it just move the jumpers over to read mode.
Quote from: MotherGunner on 03/15/2014, 09:36 PMWith today's technology, I wonder why not consider just making them exactly like the original HuCARDs?
Getting set up and printing mask roms isn't cost effective until you get somewhere in the 5000+ range.
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG