RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Rare titles

Started by Bklyn4ever, 02/20/2014, 02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bklyn4ever

Does anyone have the rare titles Bikini Girls, or Hawaiian island girls? I have been looking on eBay for months and have not seen a copy surface at all.

RoyVegas

I have Local Girls of Hawaii and Bikini Girls.  Hawiian Island Girls I haven't been able to get (and yes it's spelled wrong, even on the game).

Edit: added all 3 so you know what to look for.

IMG

IMG

IMG
All is well. :)

mrhaboobi

i have all 3 spare, ( well two are accounted for in a trade i was going to be making ).
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

CrackTiger

If you're interested in truly rare titles and ones which are actually games, you should hunt down Implode, Meteor Blaster DX, Insanity, Pyramid Plunder, Mysterious Song and Revival Chase.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

NecroPhile

Since picking up Hawaiian Island Girls around Thanksgiving, I have all three.

IMG

As Black Tiger has alluded, they're for collectards only.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Bklyn4ever

CrackTiger I have all of those titles already

Bklyn4ever

Thanks for the pics RV

mrhaboobi

whats funny is i NEVER noticed the typo.. thanks roy.. now its annoys me every time i look at the picture ;)
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

Alydnes Super Grafx

xcrement5x

I had a lead on a them for about $40 each a couple months back but didn't really think they were worth my time so I passed to pick up more MegaLDs instead.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Bklyn4ever

So what is the going price for them? was told 300 and up.

RoyVegas

Quote from: Bklyn4ever on 02/20/2014, 03:19 PMSo what is the going price for them? was told 300 and up.
Typically when they show up they seem to fetch around $100 each but I'm sure they can be found for less.
All is well. :)

Bklyn4ever

mrhaboobi

40 would have been a steal.. you'll be paying 5x as much as that based on some ebay auctions and sales in forums..
Looking for (MINT ONLY)

Alydnes Super Grafx

Tatsujin

I would have few sealed ones.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Bklyn4ever

Bklyn4ever

I am actually looking for Hawiian Island Girls. Any help would be appreciated!

Bklyn4ever

Willing to trade, purchase, or combo trade/buy

Otaking

Quote from: Bklyn4ever on 02/20/2014, 03:00 PMCrackTiger I have all of those titles already
Quote from: Bklyn4ever on 04/09/2014, 01:09 PMI am actually looking for Hawiian Island Girls. Any help would be appreciated!
I'm confused?
 :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

NecroPhile

He meant he has copies of the infinitely more entertaining homebrew games listed by Black Tiger, not the three boobeh discs.

Otaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

CrackTiger

Quote from: NecroPhile on 04/09/2014, 02:10 PMHe meant he has copies of the infinitely more entertaining homebrew games listed by Black Tiger, not the three minimally interactive masturbainment discs.
I don't know why more faux-collectors aren't paying top dollar for the rare Hudson Music disc, since it's more of an interactive audio game/experience, like Warp's Real Sound series, than the unlicensed Girly discs, which are barely even interactive software.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

synbiosfan

How rare is Mysterious Song?

hoobs88

Quote from: synbiosfan on 04/09/2014, 03:03 PMHow rare is Mysterious Song?
I think they made either 300 or 500 copies.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

MrWunderful

What are these discs of, just pictures?
Sell me your loose Hu Cards!!

NecroPhile

Yep, just pictures of girls in bikinis (or less) often humorously censored with strategically placed wild flowers, tropical fish, or a parrot.

mrhaboobi

i just traded all 3 they are currently in the air somewhere on the way to the US going to a new home..
Looking for (MINT ONLY)

Alydnes Super Grafx

CrackTiger

Quote from: hoobs88 on 04/09/2014, 03:25 PM
A lot were lost in the mail, but each of the physically published "homebrew" titles have fewer copies in existence than any published Turbo game and there are likely no more of any one homebrew title than there are of any one of the Girly picture discs.

synbiosfan

Quote from: guest on 04/09/2014, 04:22 PM
Quote from: hoobs88 on 04/09/2014, 03:25 PM
A lot were lost in the mail, but each of the physically published "homebrew" titles have fewer copies in existence than any published Turbo game and there are likely no more of any one homebrew title than there are of any one of the Girly picture discs.
I got in on the preorder in 11/09 and was lucky enough to receive mine.

So I do have a rare game, cool.

I've yet to really sink any time into it yet but will be very soon.

Bklyn4ever

I do not think mysterious song is rare at all. I was able to purchase my copy pretty easily

NecroPhile

When it comes to games, hard to find is not always the same as rare.

geise

Hehe, that's because it was made only a little over a year ago, and not in 1993.  Plus the devs are on these forums.

Bklyn4ever

What do you mean Necro? Don't the 2 usually go hand in hand? How many games you know that are rare that can be obtained easily?

NecroPhile

Desirability is a big factor.  Sadly, collectards will shell out hundreds for rather crappy games (or non-game slide shows for the booby discs) yet have little interest in homebrew games.

There's plenty of examples of rare games (in terms of numbers produced) that are easy to find.  Look at Darius Alpha - one of the rarest HuCARDs, yet there's almost always one available on ebay.

Bklyn4ever

In the case of Darius Alpha, I think that is because the game is Japanese. If the title were US based I do not think it would be so easily found

NecroPhile

.... so it'd be more desirable?  More would want it if it were a complete, unique game too.  So what?

Bklyn4ever

Ok so why do you think certain games command that price? Lets use MC for example. Out of the 94 hucards I could easily think of 40 other turbo grafx games I would rather play than that. None of them come close to commanding that amount. Although legend of hero tonma is almost as rare and in my opinion 10x's better no one fusses over it like MC

geise

Quote from: Bklyn4ever on 04/09/2014, 06:20 PMOk so why do you think certain games command that price? Lets use MC for example. Out of the 94 hucards I could easily think of 40 other turbo grafx games I would rather play than that. None of them come close to commanding that amount. Although legend of hero tonma is almost as rare and in my opinion 10x's better no one fusses over it like MC
Give it time.  Collectors will figure it out and gouge it accordingly.

mrhaboobi

they already are, didnt a sealed LOHT get something like 600 USD on ebay in teh last week or two.
Looking for (MINT ONLY)

Alydnes Super Grafx

Bklyn4ever

I saw that but I do not think it was sealed though

MrWunderful

I tried to dig up a copy of mysterious song but I could not.
Sell me your loose Hu Cards!!

InfraMan

Quote from: MrWunderful on 04/09/2014, 09:40 PMI tried to dig up a copy of mysterious song but I could not.
Check http://gooddealgames.com/inventory/Turbografx.html

I think they still have it in stock.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Bklyn4ever on 04/09/2014, 06:20 PMOk so why do you think certain games command that price? Lets use MC for example. Out of the 94 hucards I could easily think of 40 other turbo grafx games I would rather play than that. None of them come close to commanding that amount. Although legend of hero tonma is almost as rare and in my opinion 10x's better no one fusses over it like MC
Poor ripple is a victim of perceived rarity and price manipulation (active and passive).  There is no logical explanation for people paying 10x what other games sell for.

warpig227

wow didn't know those existed. awesome stuff

synbiosfan

Does anyone have the numbers on how many people received the Mysterious Song Pre-Order Bonus Set?

xcrement5x

Quote from: synbiosfan on 04/19/2014, 11:22 PMDoes anyone have the numbers on how many people received the Mysterious Song Pre-Order Bonus Set?
50 maybe?  Rover would know for sure.  I remember I was just barely on the cutoff for it.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Psycho Punch

People are dumb. Sherlock 2 and Gojira should be in the same price range if people are talking about true rarity instead of perceived rarity. Same time period, same press run.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp