RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

IC: Flash cart group buy(Mega EverDrive)

Started by munchiaz, 02/27/2014, 10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

munchiaz

***UPDATE***
Good news everyone!! They came in today. I will be hitting you all up shortly for shipping and well get these out ASAP.

IMG

Hey guys, any of you here interested in doing a group buy for the Mega Ever Drive. If we get 10 or more people, the price drops to $121 per person as opposed to $158. Post up if you are interested

http://shop.retrogate.com/Mega-EverDrive-MEGA-ED.htm

EDIT: everyone has paid, and i have made the purchase for the Megaever drives. Now we play the waiting game. I will be in touch with you guys soon to get addresses and shipping cost.
current list:
1.munchiaz - shell
2.Mathius - shell
3.esadajr - no shell/shell
4.wallzter - shell
5.BlueBMW - shell
6.sirhcman - shell
7.Xelement5x - no shell
8.jeffhlewis - shell
9.TheClash603 - shell
10.turboswimbz - no shell

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

munchiaz

edited the price. I forgot to add the shell price. So its would be $121 per person if we got 10 or more. Ill keep this up for a lil bit, but if it sees no interest, im just going to buy one. Don't want to have to wait very long

sirhcman

esadajr

I'm in, shell or no shell.

I'd suggest to get just the board. You can get the shell from any cheapie.
Gaming since 1985

munchiaz

Quote from: esadajr on 02/28/2014, 12:43 PMI'm in, shell or no shell.

what modifications would need to be made to a donor cart?

jeffhlewis

munchiaz

updated with names. We are currently at 5. Almost there. once we get the full 10 i will send out PMs about payment and get this thing rolling

xcrement5x

I might be interested, but put me down as a maybe.  I'd also prefer without a shell since I have plenty of old ea or menacer 6-in-1 carts.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

wallzter

tsuran

Sigh, scratch that, won't be in for a while, and now i need new tires. Dang priorities.
Posting is overrated.

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esadajr

Quote from: munchiaz on 02/28/2014, 01:18 PM
Quote from: esadajr on 02/28/2014, 12:43 PMI'm in, shell or no shell.

what modifications would need to be made to a donor cart?
Just a small hole for the SD Card.
Gaming since 1985

tg16manaic

Hey, i have a question.... whats the difference between this mega everdrive and the mega everdrive v3 that's much cheaper selling for $78?

esadajr

The more expensive one has faster loading times, supports bigger roms, has an in game menu (special for couch potatoes) and may be used as a Sega CD ram cart.
Gaming since 1985

TheClash603

If you get the shell, will they be arriving complete?

The only way I am  interested is if I do not have to do anything and it is fully built.  I am a moron and couldn't figure it out otherwise.

munchiaz

do you guys know if i can order some with the shell, and some without? I'll try to get an answer for this as well

sirhcman

Quote from: munchiaz on 03/02/2014, 03:26 PMdo you guys know if i can order some with the shell, and some without? I'll try to get an answer for this as well
My guess is probably not.

Edit: I was wrong :)

Opethian

IMG

xcrement5x

So after some reevaluating I am probably down with this, shell or no shell.  This is the one with the FPGA right, that could technically also offer FM for SMS games down the line?
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Mathius

I'm in. I definitely want the shell.

jeffhlewis

I could go either way on the shell - easy enough to cannibalize a cart if need be.

munchiaz

ok, so i emailed the support team, and i can make an order consisting of units with shells, and units without shells. Please let me know what you guys want, and we ca go from there

esadajr

Just the board for me. I'll begin making a rare shell and box.
Gaming since 1985

wallzter

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

sirhcman

Shell me as well! I'm too lazy to make my own :)

Mathius

munchiaz

Here is the updated list. I sent a PM to a few that were on the fence.

1.munchiaz - shell
2.Mathius - shell
3.esadajr - no shell
4.wallzter - shell
5.BlueBMW - shell
6.sirhcman - shell
7.Ninjainspandex (neogeo) - shell

Mishran

Toss my name in the hat if it's not too late. Been meaning to get one at some point anyway. Will the shell have a snazzy little everdrive label affixed to it? If so, I'll do the shell.

jeffhlewis

Sent you a response earlier - I'll take a shell with mine. thanks man!

sirhcman

are we any closer to 10 for the order?

munchiaz

So we have 10 people now. I sent over a email request to the site because they have to make a manual order. Once they get back to me, i will be sending a PM to everyone on the list to get the funds.

1.munchiaz - shell
2.Mathius - shell
3.esadajr - no shell
4.wallzter - shell
5.BlueBMW - shell
6.sirhcman - shell
7.Ninjainspandex (neogeo) - shell
8.jeffhlewis - shell
9.TheClash603 - shell
10.Mishran - shell

sirhcman

IMG

Woohoo! Thanks for spearheading the group buy munchiaz!

munchiaz

NP Sirhcman. I have PM'ed everyone requesting Paypal names so i can get a payment invoice sent out to you guys. Please respond as soon as you can.

xcrement5x

turboswimbz

I'm down to be added to if you can shell or no shell doesn't matter. 

If not no big deal.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Mishran

Message has been sent. I have to unfortunately drop out of the group buy.  :(

munchiaz

ok so it looks like Mishran has dropped. So i will be adding xele and turboswim, then im ending the order, so i can get this thing rolling. PMs incoming you guys.

munchiaz

Alright guys after work today i should be able to get the invoices out, and start the ordering process. Ill keep you all updated

munchiaz

had a bit of a change on some of the members on the list. Sent out a new Invoice to get a new quote

1.munchiaz - shell
2.Mathius - shell
3.esadajr - no shell
4.wallzter - shell
5.BlueBMW - shell
6.sirhcman - shell
7.Xelement5x - no shell
8.jeffhlewis - shell
9.TheClash603 - shell
10.turboswimbz - no shell

munchiaz

OK guys, i have sent invoices to everyone. Just missing the paypal from one person, which i have PMed again. So should be able to get this order done, hopefully by Friday. I will hit you all up again for shipping when the time comes

sirhcman

Quote from: munchiaz on 03/19/2014, 10:32 PMOK guys, i have sent invoices to everyone. Just missing the paypal from one person, which i have PMed again. So should be able to get this order done, hopefully by Friday. I will hit you all up again for shipping when the time comes
Paid. Thanks again!

Mathius

^^ Invoice received and payment made.

jeffhlewis

wallzter

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

xcrement5x

turbokon

Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

munchiaz

Quote from: turbokon on 03/21/2014, 08:10 PMIs it too late to get in?
Sorry turbokon i have already placed the order. I do know that there is a group buy for the Megaever drive going on at Neo-Geo.com. Maybe you can get in on that one.