If you could bring any musician back to life

Started by munchiaz, 03/19/2014, 01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

munchiaz

So like the title says. If you had the power to bring any musician back to life, who would you choose, and why?

For me it would have to be Jim Croce. He was an amazing singer and song writer, who had IMO so much more to give to his fans. Also Hide (Japan X) a great guitar player, and really enjoyed his solo work, even though i don't understand Japanese.

Arkhan Asylum

Yukiko Okada 4

I'd do this one.

also, it's hide, not Hide.   capital H probably turned him into an angry drunk that accidentally'd himself.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Arkhan Asylum

Yeah we need him to keep Yoko Ono from talking.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

nectarsis

Marvin Gaye wth a second going to James Brown
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

chany60126

Dimebag Darrell Abbott from Pantera. He had some amazing guitar solos.

BigusSchmuck

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

PukeSter

Freddie Mercury. He and Queen made some legendary stuff.

Opethian

IMG

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

tggodfrey

I will second Dimebag.  Vinnie is incomplete without him
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

jtucci31

Quote from: Opethian on 03/19/2014, 02:55 PMDon Van Vliet
Frank Vincent Zappa
I love Frank Zappa. I can get behind that.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 03/19/2014, 03:03 PMSini.  :(
IMG

Ian Curtis (sorry for being so predictable) because maybe he would have created a few more songs. Not groundbreaking songs, perhaps, but just a few more for us.

David McComb (The Triffids) should be back, just because I think he had some more to say, even though I didn't necessarily like the direction of his later work. His earlier work earned him a chance for resurrection.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

mossman43

Slash. The one that died once he quit GN'R.......

roflmao

Mark Sandman.  Amazing musician, great guy.  He used to schmooze with the crowd before going onto stage to play. Morphine is one of the few bands I've seen live 5+ times, and each show was awesome.

ElSeven

currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

HailingTheThings

Rozz Williams. (original frontman of Christian Death)

Would've been nice if the original line up for CD got together to make one more album before he hung himself. *sigh*
IMG

OldRover

Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

geise

Quote from: Opethian on 03/19/2014, 02:55 PMFrank Vincent Zappa
Thank you Ope! Was gonna post this but figured someone was going to give his name. :)

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

bust3dstr8

Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

GohanX

Freddie Mercury thirded. The motion passes.

cyloaiza

Quote from: JKM on 03/20/2014, 07:59 PMFreddie Mercury thirded. The motion passes.
Not so fast. My vote goes to Dimebag.
 3rd'd!

jeffhlewis

chany60126

jeffhlewis

Quote from: chany60126 on 03/20/2014, 11:30 PM
Quote from: jeffhlewis on 03/20/2014, 11:06 PMXak
LOL! Here is one of the songs that Xak/Validus composed in case you guys missed it: Validus & P Riko - No Luv (954 ANTHEM)
I apologize in advance if this post actually resurrects him.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: chany60126 on 03/20/2014, 11:30 PM
Quote from: jeffhlewis on 03/20/2014, 11:06 PMXak
LOL! Here is one of the songs that Xak/Validus composed in case you guys missed it: Validus & P Riko - No Luv (954 ANTHEM)
Is that actually him? WTF? If so I hope he gets hit by a bus. No joke. Yuck. White trash.

*Throws up*
IMG

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

TheClash603

Shockingly no mention of Elvis in this thread.

To everyone that hasn't been to Graceland / Sun Studios, you owe it to yourself.