10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Price Check on TG16/CD

Started by ToyMachine78, 03/24/2014, 09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToyMachine78

What do yo guys feel is a fair price for a fully functioning TG16 and CD unit that is in great shape? No mods, unit is standard. The CDROM2 Was serviced by Keith Courage and works great. This would also include a Super System Card CIC, and the hardshell carrying case.

I want to get a unit like the one Bernie just sold, but will need to sell my original first.

madboom0522

I have 3 of these and I would think that about $350 would be a fair number based upon what I spent to get mine.
Titles to complete... Caught them all....

HailingTheThings

Quote from: madboom0522 on 03/24/2014, 10:19 AMI have 3 of these and I would think that about $350 would be a fair number based upon what I spent to get mine.
Why do you have three?

](*,)
IMG

Flare65

If the Super System Card is the American release, I think the value would be a little higher than $350.00.

Psycho Punch

Quote from: madboom0522 on 03/24/2014, 10:19 AMI have 3 of these
Dude remember... lurk more, common sense...
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

madboom0522

Alright 3 things here, one just sold on e-bay without the 3.0 card this month for $200. Next You can score the 3.0 card for $150 to $175 so if we do the math that makes what?.... Lastly I have 3 of them for 3 reasons. I got 2 of them for under $100. Next the cd drives like to break and to finish I collect the system....... I may be new, but I do not go around bashing on people's posts. I am only trying to help and get help. I realize that this is a forum, but let's relax a little.

NecroPhile

And one sold for $350, Mr. Mouth.   You're not an authority on value or anything else.

P.S. - no comment on the seller
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

420GOAT

Quote from: madboom0522 on 03/25/2014, 10:43 AMAlright 3 things here, one just sold on e-bay without the 3.0 card this month for $200. Next You can score the 3.0 card for $150 to $175 so if we do the math that makes what?.... Lastly I have 3 of them for 3 reasons. I got 2 of them for under $100. Next the cd drives like to break and to finish I collect the system....... I may be new, but I do not go around bashing on people's posts. I am only trying to help and get help. I realize that this is a forum, but let's relax a little.
hahaha what great fucken way to make friends here. calling prices and shit.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

ToyMachine78

Necro you are too much lol :) and yes my system card is American version.

madboom0522

I can see why there are not a whole lot of new members now.... If someone asks for a price and the question is answered, how does that make people upset?  Some people need to find better things to do with their time....

cyloaiza

Quote from: madboom0522 on 03/25/2014, 12:45 PMI can see why there are not a whole lot of new members now.... If someone asks for a price and the question is answered, how does that make people upset?  Some people need to find better things to do with their time....
Some people just come over here to leech over the community by asking for R@R3s and asking for price checks so they can acquire their warez at rock bottom prices without contributing anything of value to this community. They say they are fans of the system, but their collectard attitudes say otherwise; displaying their games as trophies rather than actually playing the games. We can definitely do without those types of people. No disrespect is meant to the OP as he has participated in other areas of the forum.

NecroPhile

Quote from: madboom0522 on 03/25/2014, 12:45 PMI can see why there are not a whole lot of new members now.... If someone asks for a price and the question is answered, how does that make people upset?  Some people need to find better things to do with their time....
Nobody is mad but you.  Flare opined that $350 is low (his opinion is no less valid than your own), two others questioned why anyone would have three tg-cd setups (which is rather unusual), and then you got all uppity and self-righteous.

420GOAT

maybe after 100 posts and some face time folks can ask direct values. but if youve got three, and are still asking, then why?
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

madboom0522

I did not ask anything about the price on this system. I only asked about how many copies of magical where made. I only tried to answer someone with what info I had. My intent is not to offend anyone. I am just trying to learn more and help if I can. If something feels like an attack, would you not defend? Just because someone is new to this forum, does not mean they might not have anything to offer. I am not the type of person who has time for rumors or to waste anyone's time.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: cyloaiza on 03/25/2014, 12:50 PM
Some people just come over here to leech over the community by asking for R@R3s and asking for price checks so they can acquire their warez at rock bottom prices without contributing anything of value to this community. They say they are fans of the system, but their collectard attitudes say otherwise; displaying their games as trophies rather than actually playing the games. We can definitely do without those types of people. No disrespect is meant to the OP as he has participated in other areas of the forum.
I was only price checking to get a realistic appraisal of what I am sitting on. The Duo that Bernie just sold was one sexy machine, at a terrific price. I would sale my original to obtain a setup like that. I was talking to Turbokon about component modding my current unit anyway.

Hey Boom since you are a collector maybe you would like to own a fourth? That wouldn't be strange would it? But you have to post a picture of you playing all four simultaneously with both hands and feet lol.

madboom0522

Now maybe if I did not have so many back ups then I would make an offer to you. However that might upset some others on here....

NecroPhile

Again, nobody here would get mad..... except you when someone would give you a hard time about it.  Do you see others getting all worked up when someone questions their syscard/popful/hairdryer habits?  Nope, because they've got a sense of humor.

madboom0522

How do you want someone to know if you are joking when they are new on here? I get the whole hazing thing.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: madboom0522 on 03/25/2014, 03:19 PMHow do you want someone to know if you are joking when they are new on here? I get the whole hazing thing.
Best rule of thumb: if in doubt take it as comical sarcasm. There is no tone in email/ texts/ and such. So you can't read too much into it.

NecroPhile

Or just laugh it off even if it is meant to be mean.  Life's too short to give too many fucks on the internet.

madboom0522

Alright then. Now I get a better picture of things... Soooo what I am understanding is eat shit if you can't handle it?... Makes sense then..

NecroPhile

Suuuure.... that's exactly what I was saying.

*rolls eyes*

madboom0522

Hey.... Just getting a feel for who does what on here....

Bernie

I don't eat shit, I create it.  I then dry it well with a hair dryer and mail it to Necro.  :)

NecroPhile

Quote from: Bernie on 03/26/2014, 10:34 AMI don't eat shit, I create it.  I then dry it well with a hair dryer and mail it to Necro.  :)
And I build forts with it.  :mrgreen:

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 03/26/2014, 10:40 AM
Quote from: Bernie on 03/26/2014, 10:34 AMI don't eat shit, I create it.  I then dry it well with a hair dryer and mail it to Necro.  :)
Well that brings new meaning to Lincoln Logs!

madboom0522

Ummm... that is kinda nasty.....

Bernie

Lol.  Yes, yes it is..  :).

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 03/26/2014, 10:40 AM
Lordy, Lordy, y'all built a forty?
IMG

madboom0522

Ahhh with all the poop comments.... So nasty....

Bernie

Quote from: madboom0522 on 03/26/2014, 05:22 PMAhhh with all the poop comments.... So nasty....
Yeah, its kinda shitty....

IMG

madboom0522

Ahhhh Bernie not you too.....

Bernie

madboom0522

Really?..........Yuk.....

Bernie

Sense of humor sir.  :)  Find it.     :lol:

madboom0522

Oh I have it... I am finally getting the hang of how it is on here.... So with that being said a little ball breaking back?