@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

DUO-R & Macross 2036 Sound Issues

Started by monads, 04/12/2014, 11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monads

For some reason, during the cut-scenes of Macross 2036 the dialogue starts OK..... then skips, disappears.  Before I go around adjusting any pot settings anyone have a similar issue?  The CD game disc is clean, no visible scratches and I can't duplicate the issue using other CD games with dialogue. 

No problems with other CD game music, including Macross 2036.

I'm not playing from a boot/CD copy.  Do I have a bad disk?

Keith Courage

:-k

Keith Courage

the CD Drive lens rails might just need regreasing. Try that first. Lots of times the higher number tracks can have reading issues when the old grease gets dirty and cakes up on the rails.

monads

Thanks K.Courage!  I'll look into applying some white lithium grease to the rails and report back.

deubeul

If you have Redbook audio (=CD music) but no ADPCM, the culprit must be the ADPCM condo C653. Change it and it should work again.

monads

- regreasing rails resulted in no improvement.
- shotgun replaced C653 resulted in 100% improvement.  The unit appears just a little sensitive though, meaning if you tap/touch the duo-r front cover in certain locations the audio will disappear.  This tells me it's in need of a slight pot adjustment?

Keith Courage

Any PC engine based CD drive will drop audio if you bump it. Hell, sometimes audio will drop if you walk on the floor to hard. This is completely normal since skip protection for CD devices did not exist when these drives were made.

monads

Yeah, you're right K.Courage.  I was hoping it just wasn't as sensitive!  It works fine so I just wont mess with it for now.

Thanks guys for the help and assistance with this!