10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The PC Engine's best wrestling game(s) are...

Started by synbiosfan, 04/19/2014, 09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

synbiosfan

Bernie

synbiosfan

Quote from: Bernie on 04/19/2014, 10:05 PMNo such thing....  :)
Seriously???

Damn, I like the roster of Battlefield 94 and I bought a cheap, new copy for the manual.

I was hoping there'd be a few fun ones.

Bernie

I'm sure there is.  I just never been a fan.:)

CrackTiger

Fire Pro Wrestlings are supposed to be great. It started on PCE and it has five of them.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

jtucci31

Yeah I enjoy Fire Pro Wrestling. I have the first one and I get some enjoyment out of it.

pulstar

I'm not a fan of wrestling games but I have played Fire Pro Wrestling 3 a few times and enjoyed it.
My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

synbiosfan

I'll have to spend more time with Fire Pro I see. Right off the bat the diagonal ring puts me off. I do have 2 of them already , Fire Pro 2nd Bout Hu card and the Combination Tag Hu card but I'm not getting into them the way I thought I would.

Thanks for the suggestions!

PukeSter

What about Taito Champion Wrestler? It has Rastan in it. ;)

synbiosfan

I will try that.

While waiting for my legit copy of Battle Field 94 to arrive, I've been playing a copy and having a ball. The Steiner Bros., Road Warrior Hawk, Wild Pegasus (Chris Benoit), Muta, Jushin Thunder Liger and a number of other wrestlers I know make for a pretty strong roster!

Plus, the ring is positioned properly.

SuperDeadite

Wrestling Angels.  Though it's really just a pervy card game....
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

shubibiman

The creator of the Fire Pro Wrestling series died recently. The series was very popular and the first 2 episodes were some of the most sold games for the PCE.

I've never liked wrestling games anyway, the controls have always been awkward.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Arkhan Asylum

They're all good.   If you like retarded wrestling games.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

geise

This reminded me that I wished 3 Count Bout would've been released on the ACD.

synbiosfan

Quote from: guest on 04/22/2014, 01:10 PMThey're all good.   If you like retarded wrestling games.
LOL

Hey, wait a second :evil:... 8)

johnnykonami

I am not a wrestling person but on occasion I have enjoyed one or two of them depending.  I liked Mat Mania in the Arcades a lot when I was a kid.

For PCE, the one that interests me most is Monster Pro Wrestling.  I haven't played more than a couple of minutes of it.  But I'm a sucker for anything that makes monsters/aliens fight each other.  Usually they don't end up being great games though.

synbiosfan

Quote from: johnnykonami on 04/22/2014, 04:08 PMI am not a wrestling person but on occasion I have enjoyed one or two of them depending.  I liked Mat Mania in the Arcades a lot when I was a kid.
I loved Mat Mania & the follow up Mania Challenge (iirc) and even though I'm sure they haven't aged well, I'd like to play them again in a non-emu setting.