@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Tengai Makyou Fun Kabuki Den - Edition with Tin Box

Started by SuperPlay, 04/22/2014, 10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperPlay

Hi Folks

I have picked up a copy of Tengai Makyou Fun Kabuki Den (Far East of Eden) that comes in a tin box outer.

The CD in the tin box is the same as the retail copy with ID: HCD3046

The only references that I have managed to track down relating to this release is that it maybe a limited edition, a collector edition or a show giveaway.

Does anyone have details of what this release is?

IMG

Nando

CrackTiger

I finally got one a couple years or so ago, after searching for like a decade.

I asked the guy with the biggest collection on here (kisaku?) about it and he didn't know any more than what everyone says about: it's just a limited edition outer tin.

I imagine that the logo in the bottom corner means sonething and wouldn't be surprised if the tin was sold separately or bundled in limited quantities.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Dicer

johnnykonami

Quote from: guest on 04/22/2014, 12:35 PMI finally got one a couple years or so ago, after searching for like a decade.

I asked the guy with the biggest collection on here (kisaku?) about it and he didn't know any more than what everyone says about: it's just a limited edition outer tin.

I imagine that the logo in the bottom corner means sonething and wouldn't be surprised if the tin was sold separately or bundled in limited quantities.
The logo says "Wanpaku Kozou", I think "Naughty Boy" from what I can tell, maybe that has a clue to the release?  I have the original game and it doesn't bear this logo, so I think you're on to something.

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

aron84

It was an edition that was only sold in Wanpaku Kozou stores, it had the tin box, a poster and a scroll.

NecroPhile

Cool info., man!  You wouldn't happen to have pics of the extra goodies, would ya?  8)
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

aron84

Quote from: guest on 04/22/2014, 04:58 PMCool info., man!  You wouldn't happen to have pics of the extra goodies, would ya?  8)
No, I dont have one. But the scroll thing was just a mistake, it's just a poster with the different types of magic and special skills.

SuperPlay

Thanks for the info folks, this is very interesting :-)

CrackTiger

Quote from: aron84 on 04/22/2014, 05:23 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 04/22/2014, 04:58 PMCool info., man!  You wouldn't happen to have pics of the extra goodies, would ya?  8)
No, I dont have one. But the scroll thing was just a mistake, it's just a poster with the different types of magic and special skills.
That sounds like it's just the fold-out poster/ability sheet that comes packed with every copy of the game.

I have a Kabukiden wall scroll signed by Hiroi Oji, which the Japanese seller descrbed as an in-store promotional item. Maybe it was either sold with the tin set or was a prize at those stores.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

rtyper

Oh no, why does all the pcengine goodness keep popping up  :cry:
very nice, must find.

pulstar

I know nothing about the game, whether it's limited edtion etc, but I want one. :)
My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

Ninja16608

That is very cool indeed!! I never come across anything like this, must be the state I live in lol.

Bardoly