10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

32" Smart TV's....any recomendations?

Started by ParanoiaDragon, 05/03/2014, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ParanoiaDragon

We want to get rid of cable finally(costing us almost $70 a month), & just do Hulu/Netflix from now on.  We just use the Wii for Hulu in the family room at the moment.  But we have a tv in the master bedroom that is just an old CRT.  Actually, it's my very first TV(a Magnetbox) that was bought for me just so I could play Turbo back in the early 90's.  It still works, & it has sentimental value, but, it takes up room, will eventually go caput, & we could use an HDTV for our camera system as well.  All in all, it just seems like the best route is to get a Smart TV.

So I'm looking at 32", would like a decent brand like Sorny or Panaphonics, probably will end up with Samsung....which is better then Vizio or, there was some really odd brand, something like Dunghouse or something, I forget, LOL.  I'd really like to keep it between $200-300, & no higher.  Anyone know of any good deals right now.  It seems like I'll end up with a Samsung that is just over the $300 mark, or more, depending on the site http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-32-class-31-1-2-diag--led-1080p-60hz-smart-hdtv/5555718.p?id=1218690756734&skuId=5555718&st=UN32EH5300&cp=1&lp=1

Samsung seems to be considered an ok brand for TV's.  The Vizio ones do seem to go cheaper, sometimes under $200, & some sites have decent customer reviews, but I always thought Vizio was el' cheapo in quality.

As far as places go, I've been checking Amazon, Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Newegg, & Fry's.  I can't seem to think of any other places offhand.
IMG

roflmao

Keep an eye on http://slickdeals.net/. They usually have some good TV deals and lots of comments from the peanut gallery.

BigusSchmuck

I suggest checking out newegg and go with either sceptre or LG. Both are great brands and Newegg is very reasonable with their pricing and very easy to do returns.

ParanoiaDragon

Thanks for the replies!  We ended up getting that Samsung over at Best Buy, but they pricematched it to Walmarts price of 309.99.  We almost went with a dumb tv & a blu ray player(w/Wifi), but we definitely wanted to have more room in our bedroom, so having a smart tv seemed like the right choice!  So, we'll be cancelling Dish Network soon, & might even ditch our home phone to save monthly bucks!
IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 05/04/2014, 10:57 PMThanks for the replies!  We ended up getting that Samsung over at Best Buy, but they pricematched it to Walmarts price of 309.99.  We almost went with a dumb tv & a blu ray player(w/Wifi), but we definitely wanted to have more room in our bedroom, so having a smart tv seemed like the right choice!  So, we'll be cancelling Dish Network soon, & might even ditch our home phone to save monthly bucks!
I got rid of my home phone through a traditional provider and now use Ooma, a VOIP phone service.  You pay for the hardware upfront, but after that you just pay the monthly service fees that all phones are required to have (for me, about $3).  I also bought the Ooma premium service so I could blacklist bastards who call me so whenever they ring back they just get a "disconnected" message.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Ninja16608

I have a nice Samsung 40 inch smarty and I love it, and the price wasn't too bad either.

ParanoiaDragon

Yeah, we looked into Roku's as well, this just seemed the best route for us to go.  There was a 32" Insignia for I think $180 that I contemplated.  Apparently Insignia's use some LG parts, but when I called my brother, he was inexperience with Insignia, since that's a Best Buy only brand.
IMG