@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

RAFFLE - homemade NES Famicom converter

Started by jperryss, 05/12/2014, 05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jperryss

Hi all, time for another raffle!

Years ago I cannibalized a Gyromite cart and a couple of Game Genie shells to make this thing (more pics here).

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/433791/DSC02473.jpg

I intended to start collecting Famicom carts and figured I could use this to play the games on my A/V modded toploader, but that never happened and outside of the Tetris cart you see in the pics (which I paid $1 for and has since disappeared) I never ended up buying anymore Famicom carts. It's ugly and I never did bother to paint it. Total cost was under $5 for everything and it was a fun little project, but it's time for it to get some use.

The raffle will end on or around 5/23 and the rules are light:

-25 post minimum. Really, 25 posts is peanuts and you've got plenty of time to do it. If most of your posts are in the FS forums, don't bother. :)
-Just post in this thread asking to be included. I will edit this first post to list out all entrants.
-Winner will be selected at random on or around Friday 5/23 using www.random.org.
-Free shipping within CONUS. International users are welcome to enter but will need to cover the additional shipping costs.

Entrants:
1. chany60126
2. xcrement5x
3. JoshTurboTrollX-16
4. pulstar

chany60126

o.pwuaioc

Hey, cool idea. I might do this to my bare Gyromite adapter. It's pretty unsightly sitting on top of my NES.

jtucci31

Don't enter me but just wanted to say that that's pretty cool! Especially if it was all done for around $5

xcrement5x

Enter me please!  I've been trying to find a Gyromite with the convertor in it for the last couple of years.  If I win I'd finally be able to stop checking every 5 screw Gyromite I come across!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

jperryss

Quote from: guest on 05/12/2014, 09:38 PMEnter me please!  I've been trying to find a Gyromite with the convertor in it for the last couple of years.  If I win I'd finally be able to stop checking every 5 screw Gyromite I come across!
Mine came out of a Gyromite cart, but supposedly any of the black box games could have one.

Look at the 2nd and 3rd pictures on this page to see how the pointed part of the contacts will be either dead center (no adapter) or on one side (adapter). It can be tricky to see the contacts without opening the cart (a flashlight helps) but it's supposedly a foolproof method and this is how I found mine.
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/hacks/gyromite-nes-import-adapter-guide

jperryss

JoshTurboTrollX

I could have sworn I replied to this thread... oh well, more proof my brain is breaking.

I would love to be a part of this raffle kind sir.  This looks awesome!!  Thank you!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

xcrement5x

Quote from: jperryss on 05/12/2014, 10:10 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/12/2014, 09:38 PMEnter me please!  I've been trying to find a Gyromite with the convertor in it for the last couple of years.  If I win I'd finally be able to stop checking every 5 screw Gyromite I come across!
Mine came out of a Gyromite cart, but supposedly any of the black box games could have one.

Look at the 2nd and 3rd pictures on this page to see how the pointed part of the contacts will be either dead center (no adapter) or on one side (adapter). It can be tricky to see the contacts without opening the cart (a flashlight helps) but it's supposedly a foolproof method and this is how I found mine.
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/hacks/gyromite-nes-import-adapter-guide
Yup, I've been using similar tricks for awhile, I once checked every black box 5 screw cart in a store with no luck at all.  Still hoping I win though :)
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

jperryss

Bump. Last call, raffle ends tomorrow!

pulstar

My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

jperryss

roflmao

pulstar

My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

jperryss

Now we just need him to come back...

:D

xcrement5x

Woohoo!  Best news upon returning from vacation evar!!

Now I need to start looking into the Fami library a bit more.  :D

EvilEvoIX

IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

synbiosfan

xcrement5x

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 05/31/2014, 10:40 PMAdd me please.
ROLF! 

Just got it in the mail today, thanks again jperryss!!

esteban

You have been added to the raffle.

Good luck, comrade.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

jperryss

esteban

EvilEvoIX

IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

esteban

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: jperryss on 06/02/2014, 04:51 PM
Quote from: esteban on 06/02/2014, 04:41 PM
You have been added to the raffle.

Good luck, comrade.
LOL. It happened in my Power Golf raffle also.
To be fair, "congrats!" sounds awfully close to "sign me up please!" They're basically homonyms.

And congrats, xelement! Get yourself some awesome fami games now.