RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

LeVar Burton to bring back Reading Rainbow

Started by OldRover, 05/28/2014, 04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldRover

Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

esteban

Awesome. I loved this damn show, even though I was too old for it.  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

GohanX

CrackTiger

LeVar Burton wants to bring back Reading Rainbow.

Thankfully the kickstarter seems to be going well. :)
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

GohanX

And it's funded! Damn, that was quick.

PCEngineHell

Lol @ the end of the video. Poor Brent Spiner! Anyway, glad to see they made well above their goal now. This really was the best, most consistent, educational children's show.

FiftyQuid

Awesome.  Thanks for sharing.  I pledged $25.  This is the only time I've ever backed anything on Kickstarter.  I loved this show as a kid and would love my kids to re-live it and enjoy any new episodes.

Brent gets no respect.  :)

Thanks again!

P.S. - I pointed out this Kickstarter project to my wife.  She says "What the hell is Reading Rainbow?"

I nearly punched her in the teeth, but instead decided to go to the bar and drink all night.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

TheClash603

Reading Rainbow had an awesome theme song!

...the rest of the show sucked.  When I was a kid I had too many video games to play to care about books.

DeshDildo

YES!  Reading Rainbow was a fine public television show.  My 2nd grade teacher would turn this on to keep us occupied while she had to grade or do paperwork.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

Bernie

Ninja16608

Wow thats good stuff right there and its almost double what they need :-)

roflmao

The ending of their little video made me lol. :)

Ninja16608

Quote from: guest on 05/29/2014, 02:34 PMThe ending of their little video made me lol. :)
Me too, and I like Brent as Data, and the whacked out scientist on Independence Day. "they don't let us out much" lol