RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Hu Card Storage (fixed lol)

Started by Medic_wheat, 05/30/2014, 10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic_wheat

Thoughts on storage people.

Now I know we would all love a complete anything collection but let's face reality typically buying a losse retro game is the most economical way to go....

If I can find a boxed game and I am either lucky or don't mind the money I'll do it. Or if it is from a game or series I just know I want boxed I'll go hunting...

But the majority of my stuff is loose.  I have started going with bit boxes for my NES stuff. A little pricey and yes universal game case is simply cheaper I like the look design and over all feel of the bit boxes. Have nearly half my NES games bit boxed and have a new extra bit boxes for titles off that list.

But this is PC Engine Hu card time.

Now I know we have options.  There are reproduction labels, cases and what not. 

There are those who (saw in a old old YouTube video when I was learning all there was NEC) where a guy kept his like base ball cards.  In slave and sleeves of these semi high end binders that tornimate yugio magic card players would use.  Very smart cheapest by far and hen you are short on space best option.

Now for me.  I am cheap...but like my DVD collection back when DVDs where the thing and my whole spending money on me what a thing to saves space I dumped all my DVD cases and at the time ps2 Xbox cases and put everything in binders.

Looking back. Worst design I made since that Tawanies girl that was not always a girl...or taiwan.   

Wait what was i talking about?

Oh yes cases.......

What do you gents use?

What recommendations you have?

Let's see links pics videos and above all else never go to bangcock again....

Unless they do a hangover four...

Medic_wheat

roflmao

I use a 3-ring binder with CCG sheets.  Works great!

There was thread not long ago where someone was storing their hucards in a business card holder and over time the plastic ruined the hus...  The sheets I use (picked 'em up at Target - they were pretty cheap for a 10-pack) are acid-free and have been working well for many years now.

IMG

PROTIP: If you go this route, make little scotch tape flaps along the top row of each sheet because the hus like to fall out of the top row.  The rest are pretty stable.

Medic_wheat

This is the video I was originally talking about...hmmmm posted in 2011.  Seems like such a long time ago...

Medic_wheat

I just saw a video about a guy suggesting the very same thing. To use a business card holder.....sounded like he was from the UK. 

Yeah that is always a sticky thing. Making sure the plastic holding your stuff remains in good shape.

CGQuarterly

I just bought some of SeymourOnion's replacement sleeves, and have my loose hueys in a stack on the shelf.  Maybe if I had like 50+ loose cards I'd put them in a binder or something, but I only have like 15-20.

esteban

For my HuCRAD's I spare no expense...

IMG

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: esteban on 05/31/2014, 01:22 AMFor my HuCRAD's I spare no expense...

IMG

IMG
Okay that as funny.....

Why do I want to go and make a pot of tea now?

HailingTheThings

Quote from: esteban on 05/31/2014, 01:22 AMFor my HuCRAD's I spare no expense...

IMG

IMG
Good "crad" storage, hmm yes, hmm yes. :3
IMG

Bernie

I store mine in my butt crack....  :)

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Bernie on 05/31/2014, 08:51 PMI store mine in my butt crack....  :)
So that is why so many Hu cards start to turn yellow and brownish.

synbiosfan

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/31/2014, 09:06 PM
Quote from: Bernie on 05/31/2014, 08:51 PMI store mine in my butt crack....  :)
So that is why so many Hu cards start to turn yellow and brownish.
That's nothing, he had a complete set!

Tatsujin

so what happened to HuCRAD?
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

CrackTiger

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/31/2014, 09:23 PMso what happened to HuCRAD?
This thread has suddenly become boring. #-o
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Medic_wheat

I edited the title and corrected my spelling

Which I rarely bother doing.

schnuth

Quote from: esteban on 05/31/2014, 01:22 AMIMG
That mug is awesome.  I Just have a few loose hucards myself, but the binder method looks pretty classy.  If I had more I'd go that route as well.

Tatsujin

Maximillian le Huey defender!!
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 05/31/2014, 09:26 PM
This thread has suddenly become boring. #-o
:lol:

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/31/2014, 09:46 PM
I edited the title and corrected my spelling

Which I rarely bother doing.
[-X :wink:

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG