The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

That movie you just watched

Started by Medic_wheat, 06/09/2014, 07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dicer

Watched Escape Plan tonight, another good Stallone flick, him and Arnie work well together.

munchiaz

Went to see Guardians of the Galaxy this weekend. I thought it was pretty good. Ran a little long, but it had good action, and likable characters.

TheClash603

Quote from: Dicer on 08/04/2014, 02:47 AMWatched Escape Plan tonight, another good Stallone flick, him and Arnie work well together.
I loved this movie.  I am glad it did well overseas, because I would love to see more movies like this.  Hipster pussy Americans don't know what is good anymore.  Expendables 3 coming out soon (yay) and then Rambo 5 is supposed to be shot next (YYYYAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!).

Quote from: munchiaz on 08/04/2014, 01:28 PMWent to see Guardians of the Galaxy this weekend. I thought it was pretty good. Ran a little long, but it had good action, and likable characters. 
I enjoyed this movie quite a bit.  James Gun makes pretty good movies and I like that a guy with Troma roots (Tromeo and Juliet) is now making AAA Hollywood titles.  Best part of this movie was when Lloyd Kaufman was in the prison at the start, that brief cameo made the whole film worth my time!

johnnymad

Saw Lucy this afternoon. I enjoyed the story and the ending made you think a little bit. I've always wondered if humans have untapped powers. I'd be cool with just flying and invisibility.

MrFlutterPie

I watched Dead Man on Campus last night on T.V.  Certainly an interesting take on the "Slacker parties too hard at College" movie.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 08/05/2014, 06:26 PMI watched Dead Man on Campus last night on T.V.  Certainly an interesting take on the "Slacker parties too hard at College" movie.
I like the scene with the depressed goth guy singing show tunes.

Also, Guardians of the Galaxy was awesome.
IMG

MrFulci

Transcendence.

The first 30 minutes or so were OK, nothing really grabbed me, but I wanted to see what the movie was building up towards. The blonde girl was a bit silly, the, "UNPLUG" group leader. After almost the first hour, I had to start skipping through portions of the movie, fast forwarding. The movie was not my taste, but I tried. From what I saw of the ending, I didn't miss much.

While watching part of it, it made me think back to how 12 Monkeys is pretty good, and Transcendence isn't.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

NightWolve

I have Transcendence on order, been wanting to see it, but yeah, I heard that it bombed pretty bad. Another Johnny Depp failure in a string of them lately.

MrFulci

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/20/2014, 08:51 AMI have Transcendence on order, been wanting to see it, but yeah, I heard that it bombed pretty bad. Another Johnny Depp failure in a string of them lately.
I found it to be cheesy, and not in a good way, especially when the movie is about half way through. It left me rolling my eyes a bit, and thinking that my time could be better spent on other things. The movie could have been better, it was an OK idea. Give it a look, it may be your taste.

I need to give that killer telephone movie a watch sometime soon, "Bells". I may get to that in a week or so. I think I may enjoy Bells more than Transcendence.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

EvilEvoIX

I just watched a Documentary called " Dear Zachary".  By far the saddest thing I've ever seen.  It deals with mental illness and an extremely selfish sociopath.  I can be watched on YouTube in its entirety.  I urge all of you to watch it but I warn you that it is jarring.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

MrFulci

Death Spa.

This is the movie Transcendence could have been. I haven't seen this movie since VHS, and that VHS was murky enough, probably due to many rentals, sometimes I couldn't quite make out the effects.

The plot is a bit loose, basically the dead wife of a health club owner is haunting his health club and causing deaths. This is made easier, since a lot of the health club stuff is hooked up to computers. So, she just possesses the computer.

The Blu-ray was great, I can now make more sense out of what I am seeing, so, so, so much clearer than that VHS.

Death Spa, while not great, the Blu-ray caused me to enjoy it moreso than when I watched the VHS long ago.

Better than Transcendence.

Later, I'll get to watching Bells (AKA; Murder by Phone.)

Medic_wheat

I am rewatching big trouble in little china for what has to be the millionth time

This is such a classic.

NightWolve

Yeah, too bad John Carpenter didn't have repeat success with the "Big Trouble in Little China" formula along with his "They Live" movie, the source of our PCE OBEY shtick. Never understood why that demigod henchman (called Thunder) just blows himself up at the end of the movie till reading the plot just now on Wiki - seems the reason given is a form of seppuku/suicide for failing to protect his master, but still, he had a chance to do damage to those responsible on their way out... It was awkward the way it was done, bunch of fighting, then he just starts inflating himself, and KABOOM!

Nando

Nightwolve, that's his desperation move! Yeaaaaaaaaaah

I watched TF4, wasn't as bad as #2 the plot was cool enough. The editing SUCKED, however it was still better than #2.

I liked the fuller look design and the action sequences had my inner 9 year old jumping for joy. Some pretty good performances by a few actors, I didn't care for the the "Titan" family. At least LeBoeuf was as frenetic as the overall concept. I didn't mind him at all.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/21/2014, 10:43 PMYeah, too bad John Carpenter didn't have repeat success with the "Big Trouble in Little China" formula along with his "They Live" movie, the source of our PCE OBEY shtick. Never understood why that demigod henchman (called Thunder) just blows himself up at the end of the movie till reading the plot just now on Wiki - seems the reason given is a form of seppuku/suicide for failing to protect his master, but still, he had a chance do damage to those responsible on their way out... It was awkward the way it was done, bunch of fighting, then he just starts inflating himself, and KABOOM!
If it wasn't for this movie Mortal Kombat may never have had Raidan. 

Also I always thing of Tremers and that old Asian guy saying "let's call them graboids"

MrFulci

The World according to Garp - With Robin Williams gone, and seeing coverage of some of his older films, I decided to revisit this one. I seem to remember bits and pieces of it from TV, but I think it was over my head at that time, so I probably didn't watch it all the way through.

Good stuff, lots of stuff happened I didn't quite expect, whereas other stuff I saw coming, such as the "fender bender" that caused someone to bite down, HARD!

Today, I have a double feature of, "In search of Big Foot" and "Cry Wilderness" to get to.

MrFulci

In Search of Bigfoot - a 75 minute pseudo-documentary from the mid 70s. Nothing special, I don't mind pseudo documentaries, especially at 75 minutes.

Cry Wilderness - Had I originally seen this when younger, such as 8, 9, 10 years old, somewhere around there, I'd have some nostalgia for this. Maybe. I tried watching this, knowing it was a bit of a family movie. After about 30 minutes, my brain felt like it was melting. So I fast-forwarded through the rest, and condensed it into 40 minutes or so.

esteban

I have never, and probably never will, watch Garp, Bigfoot, Cry Wilderness. 

Thank you, Fulci.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

johnnymad

Quote from: esteban on 08/24/2014, 12:16 PMI have never, and probably never will, watch Garp, Bigfoot, Cry Wilderness. 

Thank you, Fulci.
Big Foot is real. He has his own monster truck and is in beef jerky commercials.

esteban

Quote from: johnnymad on 08/24/2014, 12:19 PM
Quote from: esteban on 08/24/2014, 12:16 PMI have never, and probably never will, watch Garp, Bigfoot, Cry Wilderness. 

Thank you, Fulci.
Big Foot is real. He has his own monster truck and is in beef jerky commercials.
RANDOM TRIVIA: Pizza Hut used to have a silly,giant rectangular pizza marketed as "The Bigfoot" ...the only reason I know is because my friends and I couldn't figure out if it was the most economical way to get massive quantities of food.

Pizza Hut is not real food....this when I was poor boy in high school.

MrFulci

Thank you, Fulci.
Esteban, "The World According to Garp" is a very good movie. You'll probably like it, being a family man now, and all! Don't discount that film, just because I like, "Crap" such as, "Death Spa", and fast forward through horrible crap such as, "Cry Wilderness" and "Transcendence".

esteban

Quote from: MrFulci on 08/24/2014, 12:50 PM

Thank you, Fulci.
Esteban, "The World According to Garp" is a very good movie. You'll probably like it, being a family man now, and all! Don't discount that film, just because I like, "Crap" such as, "Death Spa", and fast forward through horrible crap such as, "Cry Wilderness" and "Transcendence".
I'm gonna watch The World According to Garp.  :pcgs:

But I refuse to watch BICENTENNIAL MAN.

Actually, maybe I'd watch that. Not sure.

PLUS, I LOVE TRASHY FILMS and arty films. Well, some arty films. And some trashy films.

NecroPhile

Over the weekend, I watched the Evil Dead remake.  I enjoyed it (once I got over the lack of Bruce), particularly the foul mouthed Jane and the tid bits from the original sprinkled throughout.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

JoshTurboTrollX

Over the weekend I watched "Worlds Greatest Dad"  It was marked as a 'dark comedy' and Netflix told me I'd like it because I enjoyed 'Death to Smoochie'.  Well, turns out I really didn't like it...

I was even sadder that this was one of Robin Williams' last film projects.  It's directed by Bobcat Goldwaith and does have a couple comical parts in it, but it really pushes the awkwardness and uncomfortable feelings in between character things that I'm not too fond of....
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

munchiaz

I saw the new Sin City this weekend. It was decent, not nearly as good as the first one. I would say maybe wait until its released on BD

DragonmasterDan

I watched 8-Man After.

I saw a TV edited versions maybe 19-20 years ago. I had basically forgotten the entire movie, so it was nice seeing it again after all these years and still being entertained.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 08/25/2014, 01:49 PMI watched 8-Man After.

I saw a TV edited versions maybe 19-20 years ago. I had basically forgotten the entire movie, so it was nice seeing it again after all these years and still being entertained.
Eightman 8-man, the anime thingie? The one the NEOGEO game us based on?

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: esteban on 08/25/2014, 06:21 PMEightman 8-man, the anime thingie? The one the NEOGEO game us based on?
Yes!
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 08/26/2014, 03:42 AM
Quote from: esteban on 08/25/2014, 06:21 PMEightman 8-man, the anime thingie? The one the NEOGEO game us based on?
Yes!
I have been curious about it (the old b/w series)...I didn't realize there was more.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: esteban on 08/26/2014, 07:07 AMI have been curious about it (the old b/w series)...I didn't realize there was more.
This was presumably made in the 90s. I'd not seen the old series before.

There was a local channel in Chicagoland that ran TV edited versions of Streamline Pictures anime movies in the early to mid 90s. 8-Man After is one they aired as I recall bits and pieces of having seen it. It's probably been 20ish years since I've seen it and I came across it on YouTube.
--DragonmasterDan

Ayce

Judge Dredd...
I have been holding off on watching this one for so long because of how much I hated the last one. I really wish I didn't wait... it was great.

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 08/25/2014, 12:43 PMOver the weekend, I watched the Evil Dead remake.  I enjoyed it (once I got over the lack of Bruce), particularly the foul mouthed Jane and the tid bits from the original sprinkled throughout.  :mrgreen:
Of all the horror remakes that have been done, this has to be the best.  I had a few issues with it, but I think they went with the right tone and the idea to not make a male the lead really helped.  Now I am looking forward to the Evil Dead TV series, starring Bruce!

Quote from: Ayce on 08/26/2014, 09:09 AMJudge Dredd...
I have been holding off on watching this one for so long because of how much I hated the last one. I really wish I didn't wait... it was great.
Dredd was awesome.  In 3D at the theater it was even more awesome.  I am bummed that there likely won't be a sequel, because it did poorly in theaters, I would love a follow-up with Karl Urban and the same director.

Quote from: munchiaz on 08/25/2014, 01:25 PMI saw the new Sin City this weekend. It was decent, not nearly as good as the first one. I would say maybe wait until its released on BD
I saw Sin City 2 last night and I really enjoyed it.  I will confess I love Frank Miller and the source material, but I thought it was great.  In a world where I see the same comic book movie every other week, seeing something stylish and fresh (since it has been 10 years since the first) is great.

I love a movie where men are men and the throwback feel to the film noir type of guys is great.  None of these hipsters or metrosexual types, I like gritty.  Also, Eva Green was great and given as good of a part of any man in the movie, plus her tits are A++

MrFulci

Evil Dead remake.. I preferred Cabin in the Woods.  Evil Dead remake had some moments, but, I couldn't get too into it. If I had a choice to view Cabin the Woods or Evil Dead remake, I know what I'd choose.

Dredd, good stuff, I had fun in the theatre.

The other movie, no comment on, only seen part of the first one.

Psycho Punch

Dredd is 100 times better than the Sly version.
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

MrFulci

Quote from: guest on 08/26/2014, 11:51 PMDredd is 100 times better than the Sly version.
years ago, there was talk of a Dredd movie, I thought Demolition Man was, "that" Dredd movie, just renamed. later, the other one appeared. The 2012 Dredd, yes, better than the 1995 stuff. However, Demolition Man and Dredd, they reach the same bar, just about, for me.

BigusSchmuck

Loopers, that movie was pretty good even if they combined the best parts of Terminator and Akira together.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: MrFulci on 08/26/2014, 11:34 PMDredd, good stuff, I had fun in the theatre.
Was this "fun" related to seeing the movie or was there a whole other thing going on? :3
IMG

MrFulci

Fun, in that I hadn't seen a 3D movie in.... A LONG TIME (forever?)!

It's OK, I have the BLU here, with a display that supports the stupid glasses, but, I'm not ready for it again, yet.

Demolition Man is better, I still think.

Sandra, Wesley, Sylvester, Denis Leary, Taco bell. .... Can't go too wrong, with that.

*edited to add - and, the three sea-shells. I never figured out how that worked, sanitarily.

TheClash603

How appropriate I am about to use the 3 sea shells.

MrFulci

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/27/2014, 08:18 AMHow appropriate I am about to use the 3 sea shells.
All these years, I've never bothered to read any, "Fan Fictions", about  the 3 sea shells. I am sure it is out there, but much like Sly, I'd prefer it to remain a mystery, sine it is never revealed at the end, anyway when he asks. The mystery has been fine with me for the past 20 years or so, so why change. Wadded up paper is fine.

MrFulci

Bells/Murder By Phone - I am still unsure the guy's motive, but, I had an OK time.

Next, I will split it between meals - Project Nightmare.

Project Nightmare, I saw years ago, and was unsure what was going on. I have stories about this, not going to type here, about other folks who saw it. Same deal, it compels you to watch the entire 75 minutes running time.

I may have time, and the stamina to do 75min straight through, but if not, I am not chickening out. I will watch all 75 minutes of it, again.

MrFulci

Quote from: guest on 08/27/2014, 09:23 AMBlended.

The 50th romantic comedy featuring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore.  It has been a long time since a new Sandler movie made me laugh.  Not the greatest movie in the world, but it exceeded all expectations.
Eventually, I may give that a go.

However, since.. 2002 or so? Adam Sandler movies have equaled a level of hell to sit through. I miss the days, when he starred in movies, where a tour guide complained about, "That damn sasquatch" eating all those school lunches, and him telling people it's cool to pee their pants.

o.pwuaioc

I haven't seen a good Sandler film since Big Daddy.

MrFulci

Quote from: guest on 08/27/2014, 09:31 AM
Quote from: MrFulci on 08/27/2014, 09:29 AM
Quote from: guest on 08/27/2014, 09:23 AMBlended.

The 50th romantic comedy featuring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore.  It has been a long time since a new Sandler movie made me laugh.  Not the greatest movie in the world, but it exceeded all expectations.
Eventually, I may give that a go.

However, since.. 2002 or so? Adam Sandler movies have equaled a level of hell to sit through. I miss the days, when he starred in movies, where a tour guide complained about, "That damn sasquatch" eating all those school lunches, and him telling people it's cool to pee their pants.
Greatest injustice of the decade:

The Water Boy is unavailable on Netflix, Amazon, and any other streaming service I've tried.  IMO, that was his best work next to Billy Madison.  In many ways, it was even better. (:
Oh, it was stupid, yes, but, "Momma said"...

and, Rob Schneider said, "YOU CAN DO IT!"

HailingTheThings

Quote from: MrFulci on 08/27/2014, 03:06 AMSandra, Wesley, Sylvester, Denis Leary, Taco bell. .... Can't go too wrong, with that.
Sandra Buttocks = best

Quote from: guest on 08/27/2014, 09:31 AMGreatest injustice of the decade:

The Water Boy is unavailable on Netflix, Amazon, and any other streaming service I've tried.  IMO, that was his best work next to Billy Madison.  In many ways, it was even better. (:
No love for Happy Gilmore?
IMG

Medic_wheat

So last night I watched World War Z on Amazon Prime ........

is it weird that even though I watched it with a subcription I still want a ticket refund?

Also this was simply bad.........like .........

that one epiosed of The Walking Dead where the gansters were taking care of the elderly bad.

Galder

Wheels of Terror in tv, nice '87 war movie.

Nando

Quote from: MrFulci on 08/26/2014, 11:34 PMEvil Dead remake.. I preferred Cabin in the Woods.  Evil Dead remake had some moments, but, I couldn't get too into it. If I had a choice to view Cabin the Woods or Evil Dead remake, I know what I'd choose.
cabin was surprisingly good. A must watch for any glam of the genre.

Now what's this about an Evil Dead tv show?

NecroPhile

Quote from: MrFulci on 08/26/2014, 11:34 PMEvil Dead remake.. I preferred Cabin in the Woods.  Evil Dead remake had some moments, but, I couldn't get too into it. If I had a choice to view Cabin the Woods or Evil Dead remake, I know what I'd choose.
The correct answer is BOTH.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 08/28/2014, 02:02 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 08/28/2014, 05:03 AM
Quote from: MrFulci on 08/27/2014, 03:06 AMSandra, Wesley, Sylvester, Denis Leary, Taco bell. .... Can't go too wrong, with that.
Sandra Buttocks = best

Quote from: guest on 08/27/2014, 09:31 AMGreatest injustice of the decade:

No love for Happy Gilmore?
agree with you about Sandra!

Happy Gilmore was great, but not quite as good as Billy Madison and The Water boy.   Plus, you can readily stream Happy Gilmore from many video services, so there is no injustice to speak of.
Yay! Sandra is the best!

I liked Wawa Boy, just not as much as Billy and Happy, Wawa felt like the last great Sandler flick, though. I want to say that I think I remember hearing rumblings of Mister Billy making a Fatty McGee movie back in the day. Wonder if that was ever really a thing. Suppose I could go look it up...

nah. hehehe
IMG