OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

That movie you just watched

Started by Medic_wheat, 06/09/2014, 07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueraven

I just saw "The Bodyguard (2016)" with Sammo Hung.

Ex-Army guy with dementia takes on the entire underworld. I nearly died laughing when the beat-up gangsters referred to him as "Kung-Fu Panda".

Gypsy

Quote from: blueraven on 06/25/2017, 09:49 PMI just saw "The Bodyguard (2016)" with Sammo Hung.

Ex-Army guy with dementia takes on the entire underworld. I nearly died laughing when the beat-up gangsters referred to him as "Kung-Fu Panda".
Sounds amazing.

nectarsis

Quote from: blueraven on 06/25/2017, 09:49 PMI just saw "The Bodyguard (2016)" with Sammo Hung.

I still love Sammo but he's starting to get a little long in the tooth
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

blueraven

Quote from: Gypsy on 06/25/2017, 10:06 PMSounds amazing.
Definitely is amazing. It's pretty nuts. The movie is on Netflix, so definitely worth the watch. They also have x-ray effects in the fight scenes which adds to the insanity of how fast he is for his age.

Quote from: nectarsis on 06/25/2017, 10:10 PMI still love Sammo but he's starting to get a little long in the tooth
Yeah, he really does play up the old man character with this movie... The role was meant for him.

Gypsy

Yeah, going to give it a watch. I'll just buy a dvd of it if needed but first I will submit a request to the library I sometimes go to. They've actually been super good about getting in random movies I submit a request for. The foreign movie section is actually fairly robust, including newer Asian flicks so I was kind of surprised they didn't have this. Also just in general they have lots of movies, I just put a hold on John Wick 2  and noticed they have 48 copies of the dvd right now.  :lol:

Why not netflix? Well my home internet isn't very good, heh.

Dicer

I finally saw the Andromeda Strain after all these years, damn that's a good movie...

A movie like that wouldn't be made today without shakey cam and all sorts of other dumb shit, this movie played it straight and was awesome for it.

blueraven

Quote from: Gypsy on 06/25/2017, 10:29 PMYeah, going to give it a watch. I'll just buy a dvd of it if needed but first I will submit a request to the library I sometimes go to. They've actually been super good about getting in random movies I submit a request for. The foreign movie section is actually fairly robust, including newer Asian flicks so I was kind of surprised they didn't have this. Also just in general they have lots of movies, I just put a hold on John Wick 2  and noticed they have 48 copies of the dvd right now.  :lol:

Why not netflix? Well my home internet isn't very good, heh.
I do the same thing at the Library. Enjoy the film!

Gypsy

Quote from: Dicer on 06/25/2017, 10:53 PMI finally saw the Andromeda Strain after all these years, damn that's a good movie...

A movie like that wouldn't be made today without shakey cam and all sorts of other dumb shit, this movie played it straight and was awesome for it.
Preach on brother.

nectarsis

Bruce Lee marathon on the ELRey channel   :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

o.pwuaioc

Shaky cam signaled the death of good cinematography.

nectarsis

....and now Game of Death comes on, and my brain hurts, eyes bleeding

LostFlunky

Just watched Better Off Dead for the first time in about 25 years.  Watched it with my 12 year old daughter just to see if she would like it.. she loved it.   

I must have watched this movie a lot back in the 80's because I still knew almost every line of dialogue

esteban

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 06/28/2017, 08:18 AMJust watched Better Off Dead for the first time in about 25 years.  Watched it with my 12 year old daughter just to see if she would like it.. she loved it.   

I must have watched this movie a lot back in the 80's because I still knew almost every line of dialogue
I love this movie, but I watched it when my daughter was  too young (when she was 5-7?) and she was not fond of the violence...

Oh, wait, I might be confusing this with Three O'Clock High.... (a MUCH BETTER movie, IMHO).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

LostFlunky

Quote from: esteban on 06/29/2017, 01:32 PM
Quote from: Lost Monkey on 06/28/2017, 08:18 AMJust watched Better Off Dead for the first time in about 25 years.  Watched it with my 12 year old daughter just to see if she would like it.. she loved it.   

I love this movie, but I watched it when my daughter was  too young (when she was 5-7?) and she was not fond of the violence...

Oh, wait, I might be confusing this with Three O'Clock High.... (a MUCH BETTER movie, IMHO).
Thanks! I don't know how I missed that one.. I will be watching it soon.

TheClash603

Quote from: esteban on 06/29/2017, 01:32 PM

Better Off Dead and much of John Cusack's filmography is excellent.

Seems there are a lot of fans of Asian cinema here.  Anyone see The Handmaiden?  Went to a theater and watched it with a crowd of 70 year olds (common at the local art house theater) and my girlfriend and they all seemed to not understand it....  I loved it though!

elmer

"That's a real a shame, when folks be throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that!"

Gawd ... that line has been stuck in my head for many decades now!

John Cusack has been in some brilliant films!  :D

blueraven

Saw a movie called Hunter/Gatherer that was just... disturbing. Can't say I'd recommend it.

MotherGunner

I just saw Manos: The Hands of Fate for the first time.  Am I crazy for enjoying it?!  The Master would say no!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

NecroPhile

I watched Dr. Who and the Daleks and Daleks – Invasion Earth: 2150 A.D. over the weekend.  They weren't horrible, but they seemed awfully low budget for 'feature films' and the Daleks are complete wussies.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

blueraven

I just watched Catwoman. Halle Berry is smokin'.

That said, this is now in my top 5 worst movies of all time.

gheebee

Quote from: MotherGunner on 07/10/2017, 12:52 PMI just saw Manos: The Hands of Fate for the first time.  Am I crazy for enjoying it?!  The Master would say no!
After years of ignoring this movie because I thought it would be terrible I saw Manos for the first time when I got my backer copy of the BD and was surprised how much I enjoyed it. It is a bad movie but not bad in the sense that it isn't enjoyable to watch.

blueraven

Trash & Progress or Trash/Progress:

Plot synopsis: 1984 filmed at burning man with almost no dialogue.

Don't watch this movie.

esteban

Quote from: blueraven on 07/10/2017, 01:41 PMI just watched Catwoman. Halle Berry is smokin'.

That said, this is now in my top 5 worst movies of all time.
I couldn't believe this film (I saw it back when it was released).

Awesomely STOOPID and fun.

:)

esteban

Quote from: gheebee on 07/10/2017, 02:47 PM
Quote from: MotherGunner on 07/10/2017, 12:52 PMI just saw Manos: The Hands of Fate for the first time.  Am I crazy for enjoying it?!  The Master would say no!
After years of ignoring this movie because I thought it would be terrible I saw Manos for the first time when I got my backer copy of the BD and was surprised how much I enjoyed it. It is a bad movie but not bad in the sense that it isn't enjoyable to watch.
I only saw the MST3000 version of this....back a billion years ago.

turboswimbz

Quote from: esteban on 07/10/2017, 05:35 PM
Quote from: gheebee on 07/10/2017, 02:47 PM
the MST3K Is on the netflix :)

I only saw the MST3000 version of this....back a billion years ago.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Digi.k

Just got back from the cinema.  Watched Blade Runner 2049.   I like the story on this but I prefer the visual spendor of the original

Medic_wheat

So I finally got the opurtunity to watch "A Boy and His Dog" last night off Amazon Prime.

It's everything I heard it to be and lives up to the cult status hype.

Bloufo

IMG

Very well written movie. Solid performances, top to bottom. Jeremy Renner is top-notch.

Gypsy

esteban

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/13/2017, 06:59 PMSo I finally got the opurtunity to watch "A Boy and His Dog" last night off Amazon Prime.

It's everything I heard it to be and lives up to the cult status hype.
I watched this as a "late late night movie" back in the 90's...holy cow, I didn't know what I was in for.

There is a short story that totally ripped off (homage?) this plot, it was in Analog (or something like that...whatever was sold on magazine rack) from late 80's...I remember having a feeling of deja vu when I was watching the movie and then remembering the short story...

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: esteban on 10/14/2017, 10:05 AMI watched this as a "late late night movie" back in the 90's...holy cow, I didn't know what I was in for.

There is a short story that totally ripped off (homage?) this plot, it was in Analog (or something like that...whatever was sold on magazine rack) from late 80's...I remember having a feeling of deja vu when I was watching the movie and then remembering the short story...
This film is in the public domain, so it was widely shown as a late night cable movie.
--DragonmasterDan

ToyMachine78

seieienbu

Quote from: Gypsy on 10/14/2017, 08:09 AMPolice Story 1/2.
I clicked this link looking for suggestions of something to watch tomorrow and I find this.  I haven't seen those movies in 20 years but god damn, I'll never forget the stunt at the end of the first one where Jackie falls 3 floors in the mall while breaking all of the lights.  Those movies were fantastic. 

I'm hoping there's a way to legally stream them atm; how'd you watch them?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Winniez

Americans are easily amused.

esteban

Quote from: Winniez on 10/14/2017, 09:18 PMAmericans are easily amused.
Of course.

You've heard the musical candy and seen the visual fluff?

Yup.

America.

Gypsy

Quote from: seieienbu on 10/14/2017, 08:27 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 10/14/2017, 08:09 AMPolice Story 1/2.
I clicked this link looking for suggestions of something to watch tomorrow and I find this.  I haven't seen those movies in 20 years but god damn, I'll never forget the stunt at the end of the first one where Jackie falls 3 floors in the mall while breaking all of the lights.  Those movies were fantastic. 

I'm hoping there's a way to legally stream them atm; how'd you watch them?
Shout Factory's blu release. Not a great release tbh but slightly better than DVDs I've seen of it. Guessing the source material wasn't the best, but it also seems like they didn't put a ton of effort into it.

So I have no idea if they are on Netflix or elsewhere.

Digi.k

OMG what the hell am I watching !!?!

National Lampoon's loaded weapon

TR0N

Borrow a copy of alien conevant from a friend awhile ago.It was ok but i don't see how it fits into the alien franchise didn't make much sense to me either let alone it's bs ending :evil: It really seems ridley scott is determine to retcon the series as a whole.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

xcrement5x

I watched La La Land the other night, it definitely felt a lot creepier in general coming off all the press about the Harvey Weinstein stuff.

seieienbu

Quote from: Gypsy on 10/15/2017, 09:35 AMShout Factory's blu release. Not a great release tbh but slightly better than DVDs I've seen of it. Guessing the source material wasn't the best, but it also seems like they didn't put a ton of effort into it.

It looks like they're not anywhere atm.  I manage to scratch my Jackie Chan itch by watching the second Drunken Master movie on Netflix.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

MotherGunner

Just watched Sicario with Benicio Del Toro.  Holy F**k...
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

blueraven

Saw, and hated, Alien Covenant.

That was a waste of two hours.

And I say this with Alien as one of my all-time favorite Sci-Fi Franchises.

Gypsy

Quote from: seieienbu on 10/16/2017, 04:09 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 10/15/2017, 09:35 AMShout Factory's blu release. Not a great release tbh but slightly better than DVDs I've seen of it. Guessing the source material wasn't the best, but it also seems like they didn't put a ton of effort into it.

It looks like they're not anywhere atm.  I manage to scratch my Jackie Chan itch by watching the second Drunken Master movie on Netflix.
Ah that's lame but being Chinese movies maybe there are some rights hiccups.

I watched Rumble in the Bronx last night.

TR0N

Quote from: blueraven on 10/17/2017, 03:51 PMSaw, and hated, Alien Covenant.

That was a waste of two hours.

And I say this with Alien as one of my all-time favorite Sci-Fi Franchises.
Ridley Scott track record has been blah as of late.Id rather have,neill blomkamp have a shot at the alien series since he wanted to make a movie taking place after aliens.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

blueraven

Quote from: TR0N on 10/18/2017, 02:47 AMRidley Scott track record has been blah as of late.Id rather have,neill blomkamp have a shot at the alien series since he wanted to make a movie taking place after aliens.
That's really the saddest thing, is that it was Ridley Scott, and it felt more like "Signs" or "The Happening" by M. Night Shyamalan. Actually, I think they should just let him do the next movie because Ridley Scott has lost it.

Gypsy

Not a movie but I've started rewatching the 2004 Battlestar Galactica.

crazydean

Quote from: Gypsy on 10/18/2017, 08:04 PMNot a movie but I've started rewatching the 2004 Battlestar Galactica.
Always been curious about this show. How is it?

Gypsy

One of the better sci-fi shows ever made imo. It's very dramatic though and has major religious undertones so that's something to keep in mind depending on what you are looking for in a show.

gheebee

After hearing about the death of director Umberto Lenzi earlier today I had to watch at least one of his movies this evening. Went with Eaten Alive! and it was good, sleazy fun; as always!

blueraven

Unrelated note:

I know the guy who worked on building the movie sets back in the 1970's for Battlestar Galactica... And he still has the original painting that became the movie poster...