Pioneer Laser Disk

Started by Medic_wheat, 06/11/2014, 10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic_wheat

Really hit japan.  REALLY?

You are going to ask for nearly $200 for a broken system, and when asked you can't even give a vaiuge idea what it is doing wrong so I can deside if it is fixable and thus an option to buy?

Plus you charge a shipping price nearly the same amount as the buy it now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIONEER-LASER-DISC-CLD-A100-Laser-Active-JUNK-Console-System-Not-Working-0720-/301091488160?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item461a7381a0

PCEngineHell

It doesn't take much to ruin your day does it? First you find a sour deal on a junky rental Saturn to rant about, even though you know there are better deals out there and you could just as easily move on, and now this junk Laseractive. If you really have all this free cash laying around, just make an offer on the LA and see if they accept, if you actually do want the thing. They have been more then flexible with me in the past on best offers for items. If they don't accept, just move on. Nothing worth pissing and moaning about in a thread.

And FYI, the shipping cost is legit. EMS with tracking and insurance is expensive, and that shipping quote is pretty much in the same ball park as with most quotes for laser disc players I have seen for sale in Japan prior, outside of the heavier better models. You want to cheap out, they offer SAL as an option. You will be hard pressed to find a reliable seller willing to ship any large expensive item like that via SAL. At least they are offering it as an option.

TheClash603

Unless you find an amazing bundle, there is no reason to get the CLD-A100 from Japan.  They are plentiful in the U.S. and the shipping cost from overseas makes importing a bad move.

CrackTiger

There is already a current hitjapan thread.

At least this listing says the item is broken.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Medic_wheat

Professor professorson

I get what you are saying, I know shipping can be expensive as this monster of a cd player for all I know could weigh 20 pounds, but at first glance the shipping seemed obscured.  Maybe you or other people have in the past shipped items bigger then a SNES cart from Japan but I have not.

Secondly I never said I was invested in this, I simply Mae a thread in the console section about.....wait for it....a gaming system!   Then I posted a common seller MANY of us know of have bought from and there is even a thread dedicated to a division on how many feel hit Japan's prices seem to be going out of control a bit over the past year or so.  Why this seller?  Because he is the only one selling this system not working, and not just one but two.

Now typically what do most people think when they may buy a junk system that could be fixed.........I'd say hmmm there is a seller with two of them.....can I fix them both?  Do I need to buy them both to try and cobble together ONE system, will it be worth it or am I spending more for something that may not be fixable?

Why do I say that?  Oh let's see $180x2 + $164 for shaping but that too would increase comes out to what it would cost for a single working system (without any pads for the pc engine or sega CD) so my trying to get as much information as possible from the seller is a must to make an informed choice.  But unfortunately hit Japan does not know, that affects my asking price.

I never said I have loads of money nor did I say that this gave me a bad day.  This was a thread saying hey I found this thing and this is what I think.....sounds a little obscured in price doesnt it?

That's my opinion nothing more.

Let's say I made a listing for my TG-16 cd attachment and list the cd attachment as junk . Asking $130 shipping over seanse $160 (clearly I am making up numbers here I am most likely way off).

Then people ask hey what's wrong with the cd attachment?

I say I don't know needs work

Buyer then ask what's your bottom line?

I say $174 (wow took off $10!) shipping firm.

Said potential buyer who does not know much about system but interested walks away due to what looks like pricing to high and lack of information to sale said item.

Now in this case my inquiry never went past the "hi I see you have two for sale that needs work do you know what may be wrong with either item or if one working system out of the two?". 

So yeah that's about it.  Longer post then I had thought ....humm..

Back to getting my shoes on to walk the dogs before work...laters

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/12/2014, 08:46 AMProfessor professorson

I get what you are saying, I know shipping can be expensive as this monster of a cd player for all I know could weigh 20 pounds, but at first glance the shipping seemed obscured.  Maybe you or other people have in the past shipped items bigger then a SNES cart from Japan but I have not.

Secondly I never said I was invested in this, I simply Mae a thread in the console section about.....wait for it....a gaming system!   Then I posted a common seller MANY of us know of have bought from and there is even a thread dedicated to a division on how many feel hit Japan's prices seem to be going out of control a bit over the past year or so.  Why this seller?  Because he is the only one selling this system not working, and not just one but two.

Now typically what do most people think when they may buy a junk system that could be fixed.........I'd say hmmm there is a seller with two of them.....can I fix them both?  Do I need to buy them both to try and cobble together ONE system, will it be worth it or am I spending more for something that may not be fixable?

Why do I say that?  Oh let's see $180x2 + $164 for shaping but that too would increase comes out to what it would cost for a single working system (without any pads for the pc engine or sega CD) so my trying to get as much information as possible from the seller is a must to make an informed choice.  But unfortunately hit Japan does not know, that affects my asking price.

I never said I have loads of money nor did I say that this gave me a bad day.  This was a thread saying hey I found this thing and this is what I think.....sounds a little obscured in price doesnt it?

That's my opinion nothing more.

Let's say I made a listing for my TG-16 cd attachment and list the cd attachment as junk . Asking $130 shipping over seanse $160 (clearly I am making up numbers here I am most likely way off).

Then people ask hey what's wrong with the cd attachment?

I say I don't know needs work

Buyer then ask what's your bottom line?

I say $174 (wow took off $10!) shipping firm.

Said potential buyer who does not know much about system but interested walks away due to what looks like pricing to high and lack of information to sale said item.

Now in this case my inquiry never went past the "hi I see you have two for sale that needs work do you know what may be wrong with either item or if one working system out of the two?". 

So yeah that's about it.  Longer post then I had thought ....humm..

Back to getting my shoes on to walk the dogs before work...laters
This is my point,  you are too emotionally invested in what you seem to feel are slights against you over trivial pricing matters. In the end you are making TLDR rants about stuff that just doesn't really matter because you have the option to go elsewhere. Hit Japan is a business, in Japan. If you don't agree with their pricing, just find someone else in Japan you do agree with, and if you cant, then tough rocks. These types of situations honestly don't require multiple threads about them. It starts to smell of blogging about shopping woes. If there is already a thread about Hit Japan going on, which by your own admittance you knew about, I mean, this could have been posted in that one for that matter, similar to what others do on the much coveted ebay price gouging thread.

NecroPhile

LAs are kinda pricey?  LAs are heavy?  EMS shipping is expensive, especially so for heavy/bulky items?  Hit Japan won't attempt to diagnose broken hardware, thus opening themselves up to potential liability when/if their diagnosis is incorrect?

Surprises all around!!!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 06/12/2014, 09:29 AMLAs are kinda pricey?  LAs are heavy?  EMS shipping is expensive, especially so for heavy/bulky items?  Hit Japan won't attempt to diagnose broken hardware, thus opening themselves up to potential liability when/if their diagnosis is incorrect?

Surprises all around!!!
Ok you have a direct line to my funny bone. I shall dub you the Bill Murray of the internet.

But yes I see your various points as rsther obvious lol

Medic_wheat

This is my point,  you are too emotionally invested in what you seem to feel are slights against you over trivial pricing matters. In the end you are making TLDR rants about stuff that just doesn't really matter because you have the option to go elsewhere. Hit Japan is a business, in Japan. If you don't agree with their pricing, just find someone else in Japan you do agree with, and if you cant, then tough rocks. These types of situations honestly don't require multiple threads about them. It starts to smell of blogging about shopping woes. If there is already a thread about Hit Japan going on, which by your own admittance you knew about, I mean, this could have been posted in that one for that matter, similar to what others do on the much coveted ebay price gouging thread.[/quote]
Ok we are talking two thread about items I was shoping for not a perverbial list. Secondly the ebay gauging thread as my understanding is for PC engine related stuff not other consales. So I posted two threads about two different systems in the console thread nnel for everything else. Yes thee are pacs for the laswr actibe to do pc ebgibe games but this listing did not include that.

Yes we ALL have options. In fact I have a friend living in japan with a list of games I am looking for who is being a bro and is willing to shop around on his down time to quote me prices and is will to eat cost for shipping. And that is because we served together in the Army and he wants to help out if possible because we did a few tours in iraq together.  So yeah inam lucky in that regard.

My point? You seem to post in this thread just to trool. All that was needed to make your point was to say ems shipping sounds fair as the laser active is not light and that pruce seems fair to gamble on to get a working system.

But you went ahead and felt the need to be a butt.

Seriously we cant all be experts on EVERY gaming system. That is why many of use post ask questions and express opinons as ibhave. Because we are unfamiliar and frankly uniformed about said game system etc etc.

xcrement5x

I think the thread crapping is going on because this could easily be a sub-post in a couple other threads. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 06/12/2014, 10:47 AMI think the thread crapping is going on because this could easily be a sub-post in a couple other threads.
That could be because this is maybe my 2nd week on these forums...so I have yet to really get to know it all that well.

Plus majority of my posting is off my cell phone and as most of my post can atest my bad spelling and auto txt correct makes me look like a drooling 5 year old with momma's cell phon lol.....

Thanks for the heads up, I'll try and keep possible sub posting in threads that would warrent it instead of making new threads when not needed.  I am still perplex as to which thread this could ahve been posted in excpet maybe the one created regarding hit japan.....

mind you have a horried history of never looking past the front page of a forum as most times my attempts to us a forums search bar has been not so great and I just give up lol....

BlueBMW

If its a broken Laseractive you want Ill sell you one cheap.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

synbiosfan

I sold two LA's a couple months ago and shipping was expensive. I wasn't shipping internationally either.

ToyMachine78

As Nully would say.... Must have sand in his lady parts lol

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 06/12/2014, 10:47 AMI think the thread crapping is going on because this could easily be a sub-post in a couple other threads.
.  There is a thread to discuss Hit Japans quirkiness.

majors

TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

PCEngineHell

This, exactly. This thread serves no other purpose then for the OP to vent about his window shopping woes or whatever, like with the Saturn one. It's not this forums job to work with the OP while he learns to cope with his feels in regards to online shopping. We have already been down the road before with similar blogging, with all that Donna girl issue mess and what not. These kind of threads don't actually contribute to anything, especially when there are other topics already open that discuss similar issues in general, in this case peoples personal problems with Hit-Japan.

Per the broken Laseractive sale, it says junk. The most I can actually find to complain about is that they listed it as used instead of for "parts or repair", since the item is not working correctly. Outside of that, they did diagnose it, as being able to power on, but not read disc, so I consider that a mistake/typo as since they are honestly saying it's junk that can't read disc, and just didn't set the condition listing correctly. Past that, as a normal resell business I honestly wouldn't expect them to open it up and try to spend hours on trouble shooting what is obviously well above many peoples ability to fix as is.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 06/12/2014, 11:47 AMAs Nully would say.... Must have sand in his lady parts lol
Here ya go, let me get that ferr ya.

IMG
IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 06/12/2014, 11:02 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/12/2014, 11:47 AMAs Nully would say.... Must have sand in his lady parts lol
Here ya go, let me get that ferr ya.

IMG
I demand it to be from bottled water

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/12/2014, 11:05 PMI demand it to be from bottled water
You are in no position to make such demands.
IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 06/12/2014, 11:27 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/12/2014, 11:05 PMI demand it to be from bottled water
You are in no position to make such demands.
Mt. spring water at that.

Bernie

Gotta admit, some of these new guys are gonna fit right in.  I mean, they take the jabs pretty well IMO.  :)

roflmao

Quote from: Bernie on 06/13/2014, 02:22 PMGotta admit, some of these new guys are gonna fit right in.  I mean, they take the jabs pretty well IMO.  :)
I was thinking the same thing. :D

BigusSchmuck

Hate to burst your bubble, but you could find a working Laseractive for around that price. Hell if you really wanted a busted one to fix this seems to be as good as any:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIONEER-LASER-DISC-CLD-A100-Laser-Active-Console-System-Not-Working-/321432843853?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ad6e3f64d

Medic_wheat

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 06/13/2014, 10:21 PMHate to burst your bubble, but you could find a working Laseractive for around that price. Hell if you really wanted a busted one to fix this seems to be as good as any:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIONEER-LASER-DISC-CLD-A100-Laser-Active-Console-System-Not-Working-/321432843853?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ad6e3f64d
Thanks for the heads up...

Is it weird that while at a used book store I was THIS close to picking up the Starwars laserdisc copies? Lol

The wife thought they where vinyl records I was holding at first.  She thought I was joking when I said they where kind of like 12 inch CDs lol

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: esteban on 06/13/2014, 11:05 PMSTATUS: Disc vs. Diskette
Lest not we talk about my 3.5 floppy

roflmao

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/13/2014, 10:53 PMIs it weird that while at a used book store I was THIS close to picking up the Starwars laserdisc copies? Lol

The wife thought they where vinyl records I was holding at first.  She thought I was joking when I said they where kind of like 12 inch CDs lol
Not at all!  The original trilogy on LD is one of the reasons I've kept a laserdisc player going all these years! Sadly, my current player needs some tlc.  It didn't take kindly to our most recent move. :(