10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Your new TG16/CD collection purchases for the month?

Started by ifkz, 06/12/2014, 10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldritch

Quote from: Sarumaru on 02/01/2015, 01:47 AMLast game of the month~
IMG
Isn't that game a beat'em up ? I also have a soft spot for them.
Can you give an opinion on it once you've played it ? Thx  :)

HailingTheThings

IMG

Sarumaru

HailingTheThings

IMG

Sarumaru

Oh. Here's your gay bus

foofoo name/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/auto_grafiti-48.jpg

HailingTheThings

IMG

vmorr

Gabbed this today CIB. Guy posted an ad on Kijiji asking $150 CAD, but also said he'd trade for a NES and a couple games. I've got 3 NES' that I recently "refurbished" for sale so I figured what the hell. Ended up trading him a deck with new hookups, 2 controllers, a Zapper, SMB/Duckhunt, SMB 2 and SMB 3 for it. I wanted to keep the Zapper to pair with another console but oh well, I think I did ok.

/3353yae.jpg

Sarumaru

Quote from: vmorr on 02/03/2015, 07:26 PMGabbed this today CIB. Guy posted an ad on Kijiji asking $150 CAD, but also said he'd trade for a NES and a couple games. I've got 3 NES' that I recently "refurbished" for sale so I figured what the hell. Ended up trading him a deck with new hookups, 2 controllers, a Zapper, SMB/Duckhunt, SMB 2 and SMB 3 for it. I wanted to keep the Zapper to pair with another console but oh well, I think I did ok.

/3353yae.jpg
Nice! I think you made out like a bandit :)

Sarumaru

cr8zykuban0

technozombie

Groover

So far this month. I just got in the mail.
IMG
IMG

cr8zykuban0

ifkz

It has been months since I have been able to contribute to my own thread.  First of all, thanks to members:  mrhaboobi, Sparky, and slinkyturd for making this post possible.

Here's a picture:
IMG

I am really happy here, some of these games I thought would never be complete.  Most of the time I can go months between finding loose manuals at auction, and here are eight of them all at once for some of my oldest games.  For example, Cadash was among my first ever games for the TG-16 when I started collecting, and now I can look at the complete game like a proud parent!  Sparky's famous labels also help the look; ex-Keith Courage trays have the hardest labels to remove!
THANKS TO ALL PCEFX members who have helped fix my hardware and add to my games library!  What a thrill!

CPTBadAss

At MGC 15 I picked up Dragon Spirit and Sidearms on TG16 Hu-cards. I *really* wanted the Air Zonk I saw in the vendor tent and the CIB R-Type at the Windy Gaming setup but it was too pricey for me :(.
Maximum Output. Activate the pit.

Mercutio

Quote from: Groover on 03/07/2015, 01:43 AMSo far this month. I just got in the mail.
IMG
So what's the deal with this thing? Does it have a battery that can die inside, or is it something else? I've got a Memory Base 128 but god that thing's a pain in the ass what with the batteries and the controller port plugging.

NecroPhile

It has a button cell that can die, but it's possible to solder in a replacement.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

mitsuman

Just picked up Ys I & II from Ebay. Can't wait to get started on playing it.

wilykat

Not a purchase but a trade. I got a CIB TurboExpress, CIB car adapter and CIB power supply for TE.

Groover

I picked up this month so far.

IMG

Arcade Duo Card is in the mail. I should have it tomorrow, and I just bought Cosmic Fantasy 2
IMG

Bardoly

Quote from: Groover on 06/25/2015, 07:22 PMI picked up this month so far.

IMG

Arcade Duo Card is in the mail. I should have it tomorrow, and I just bought Cosmic Fantasy 2
Some really nice games in there.  Play 'em!

Gredler

Dungeon explorer, Cadash, Gate of Thunder, Bloody wolf, and Alien Crush all have me jelly :)

ifkz

The only thing I have added since my post above has been the terrible Champions Forever Boxing.  Glad to own it, but...what a game :(
THANKS TO ALL PCEFX members who have helped fix my hardware and add to my games library!  What a thrill!

Nexus7

Scored a copy of Splatterhouse for only $15 with Jewel Case and Manual.

esteban

Quote from: ifkz on 06/26/2015, 02:55 PMThe only thing I have added since my post above has been the terrible Champions Forever Boxing.  Glad to own it, but...what a game :(
The only part of the game that I "enjoy" is the music. The samples/voice + amusing foray into hip hop /pop music.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Groover

Quote from: Bardoly on 06/25/2015, 09:35 PMSome really nice games in there.  Play 'em!
Thanks. Yeah I boot it up just about every day. I'm horrible at gate of thunder but I plan on changing that. I really love this system. I really want Lords of Thunder next but I might have to wait on that. As you can see I have gone a little crazy this month picking up games.
IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: Groover on 06/25/2015, 07:22 PMI picked up this month so far.
IMG
Good starter of a collection along with CF2 to keep ya busy!

martinine

I picked up Final Lap Twin and scored a decent deal on ebay for a $31 Exile. Both CIC. I bid 31.50 when the auction went up, and no one else bid. Not a great deal, but no gouging. Right in the median of Video Game Price Charting.

I went overboard the last 2 months, so I am lying low until I go to Gen Con at the end of the month. Hopefully Indy has some nice stuff for me.
Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

rhiohki

wrong thread..I did pickup a turbo express recently...hadn't had one of those in a long long time...

rhiohki

Quote from: guest on 07/13/2015, 10:20 AM
Quote from: rhiohki on 07/13/2015, 10:16 AMFigured I'd post my collection that I've had for a long, long time. It's small but everything is complete and in like new shape. a few boxes still have the shrink still on 'em
very nice! dat cardboard!
lol..Thanks...shows my noobishness on here. Longtime member not really active until recently. Will post the pic in the actual collection thread. Glad to be back in....

DeshDildo

"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

Groover

IMG

gekioh

I finally got back a copy of Galaxy Gayvanand Mystic Formula. Now only 10 or so more games before I can have my PC Engine collection back to where it once was. Next on my list is Horror Story. I really miss that game.

bob

Quote from: gekioh on 07/27/2015, 04:06 PMI finally got back a copy of Galaxy Gayvanand Mystic Formula. Now only 10 or so more games before I can have my PC Engine collection back to where it once was. Next on my list is Horror Story. I really miss that game.
Sweet!  This would make an awesome post in a thread about PCE games.

DQ187

New to the site and to collecting for Turbografx. Wanted to start up a collection for along time and just jumped into it this past month. Found a decent deal for a really nice condition system in box and a few good games i was wanting. I'm a big shoot em up fan so i had to get these!  :D

/zpstohztnlg.jpg

Blazing Lazers is next on my list. Trying to get all the games i pick up in as good of condition as i can with the outer boxes if possible.

T2KFreeker

I wou8ldn't call it a purchase, but I got Parasol Stars from Turboswimbz in the mail yesterday with a TON of Atari stuff...LOL. In the end though, the Parasol Stars is the first Turbo thing I have gotten in quite some time, so it was nice to have something new. I haven't played the game in a very long time, so it's all awesome now! I appreciate it more than you know...I think I'm getting that itch again...
END OF LINE.

dallaspattern

Scored chase hq at a pawn shop for $30. Stoked to find one of those in the wild

T2KFreeker

Quote from: dallaspattern on 07/30/2015, 12:56 PMScored chase hq at a pawn shop for $30. Stoked to find one of those in the wild
That's cool. You very RARELY see the games out like that. Last time I did was a copy of T.V. Sports Football at a Thrift Store. It was actually complete minus the cardboard box. I had to buy it just because I knew what it was. probably would have sit there until someone threw it away...
END OF LINE.

bob

Quote from: T2KFreeker on 07/30/2015, 01:48 PM
Quote from: dallaspattern on 07/30/2015, 12:56 PMScored chase hq at a pawn shop for $30. Stoked to find one of those in the wild
That's cool. You very RARELY see the games out like that. Last time I did was a copy of T.V. Sports Football at a Thrift Store. It was actually complete minus the cardboard box. I had to buy it just because I knew what it was. probably would have sit there until someone threw it away...
$5 or under (I hope).  worth it for the hu tray and sleeve alone.   :lol:

T2KFreeker

Quote from: agent_orange on 07/30/2015, 04:20 PM
It was priced at $1.99 I believe. maybe even $2.99. Either way, it was just cool to see it in the cabinet they had it in because you just don't see them out like that anymore, especially in my area. Most people have no clue out here what a Turbografx/PC Engine is as it is.
END OF LINE.

Mas

I'm new here and I kind of hot to the wrong foot lol. Anyways here is my.pick ups in the last month.
Legendary axe 1 and 2.
Bonks revenge
And I just bought ninja spirit.
Also got a PC engine with the adapter to use a tg16 controller for the  pcengine.
Can't wait for ninja spirit to come in. Only played that once at a friends house around 1990 or 91.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Mas on 07/31/2015, 05:53 PMI'm new here and I kind of hot to the wrong foot lol. Anyways here is my.pick ups in the last month.
Legendary axe 1 and 2.
Bonks revenge
And I just bought ninja spirit.
Also got a PC engine with the adapter to use a tg16 controller for the  pcengine.
Can't wait for ninja spirit to come in. Only played that once at a friends house around 1990 or 91.
IMG

Where is your brother?
IMG

ifkz

Quote from: T2KFreeker on 07/30/2015, 07:05 PM
It was priced at $1.99 I believe. maybe even $2.99. Either way, it was just cool to see it in the cabinet they had it in because you just don't see them out like that anymore, especially in my area. Most people have no clue out here what a Turbografx/PC Engine is as it is.
Be careful, cheap TG-16 sports games can be addictive to collect.  Soon you will have them all and want more games.  Then you will look at your collection and think:  "I could have the entire US HuCard library if I just find a few more titles!"  It is then that the madness starts!!!

Good pickup, keep 'em up.

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

wilykat

Quote from: MotherGunner on 08/01/2015, 12:22 AM
Quote from: Desh on 07/25/2015, 09:45 PMI got this weird thing today.

IMG
?? What is it?
A HuCard from the look of it.  :mrgreen: no idea what is *on* the HuCard.

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

T2KFreeker

Quote from: ifkz on 07/31/2015, 10:21 PM
Quote from: T2KFreeker on 07/30/2015, 07:05 PM
Be careful, cheap TG-16 sports games can be addictive to collect.  Soon you will have them all and want more games.  Then you will look at your collection and think:  "I could have the entire US HuCard library if I just find a few more titles!"  It is then that the madness starts!!!

Good pickup, keep 'em up.
Meh, I'm not a noob to the Turbo world by any stretch of the imagination, just haven't been as active as I used to be in a long time. I had one when I was in High School, which was when it first came out, so yeah, been playing the games for a very long time.

I got's Devil's Crush and the PCE versions of Galaga '88, New Adventure Island, and also, finally, I have Bonk 3 in my collection. Nice little score and the games are pretty awesome! I came up, yo!
END OF LINE.

Mas

I have a chance to pick up bravoman under 20.00 and I'm wondering if anyone has played it or their thoughts on the game.

esteban

Quote from: Mas on 08/05/2015, 06:46 AMI have a chance to pick up bravoman under 20.00 and I'm wondering if anyone has played it or their thoughts on the game.
I have never been a big fan of Bravoman...it just never "clicked" for me.

However, I can think of many, many lamer games (Ballisirx!) that you should OUTRIGHT AVOID. I do not think I would put Bravoman on the OUTRIGHT AVOID list...

It is a very floaty (I don't have too much of a problem with that, but some folks might) action-platform with some quirky personality. Oh, there are some horizontal shootemup stages thrown into the mix.

Honestly, I think it was released in NA because it *looked* like ~MegaMan, but it is certainly not 1/100 of a MegaMan.

If money is tight, you might get more enjoyment by holding out for one of the "AAA" titles...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Mas