OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

PC-FX Must Have Games

Started by Elder, 06/14/2014, 09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elder

I'll be really honest with you guys, I knew a lot about the PC Engine, and actually owned a TurboGrafx-16 when it was new, but I had no clue what the PC-FX was all about.  Thanks to these boards, and the main site, I've learned quite a bit about it.  What I'm interested in now though, are your must-have games.  Which titles do you think a new PC-FX owner should hunt down first?

ElSeven

team innocent and battle heat are pretty popular.  i had fun with yuna fx too.  zenki fx is cool if you can afford it...
currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

Elder

Quote from: ElSeven on 06/14/2014, 10:08 PMteam innocent and battle heat are pretty popular.  i had fun with yuna fx too.  zenki fx is cool if you can afford it...
Thanks for the quick reply.  I know virtually nothing of the software for the system, so I'll be sure to add these on the "find out more info on..." list.

Filler

For me "What games make the system worth owning?", is currently the following:

Fire Woman Matoi Gumi
Tenchi Muyo FX
First Kiss Story
Megami Paradise II
Minimum Nanonic
Tonari no Princess Rolfee
Welcome to Pia Carrot

(Note: A couple of these are available on other systems, in part or whole) I've reviewed basically all of these on YouTube if you want more info on them. I'm sure I'll find more as I play through the catalog, but those are the ones I've played and enjoyed the most.

Elder

Quote from: filler on 06/14/2014, 10:33 PMFor me "What games make the system worth owning?", is currently the following:

Fire Woman Matoi Gumi
Tenchi Muyo FX
First Kiss Story
Megami Paradise II
Minimum Nanonic
Tonari no Princess Rolfee
Welcome to Pia Carrot

(Note: A couple of these are available on other systems, in part or whole) I've reviewed basically all of these on YouTube if you want more info on them. I'm sure I'll find more as I play through the catalog, but those are the ones I've played and enjoyed the most.
Awesome, thanks Filler.  What's your YouTube channel called?

CrackTiger

Zerogaier
Zenki
Chip Can Kick
RuRuRi Ra Rura
Last Imperial Prnce
Boundary Gate
Blue Breaker
Miraclulum
Farland Story
Dragon Knight IV
Der Langrisser
Deep Blue Fleet
Lunatic Dawn
Wakusei Kokutai
JB Harold BCB

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

ClodBusted

It's funny to see that I got both Dragon Knight-4-ever and Welcome to Pia Carrot in my DVD collection, but never got a chance to play their related games. How are they?

Filler

Quote from: Elder on 06/14/2014, 10:55 PMAwesome, thanks Filler.  What's your YouTube channel called?
Playongo. It's in my signature.

This is my PC-FX list

Elder

Quote from: filler on 06/15/2014, 08:41 PM
Quote from: Elder on 06/14/2014, 10:55 PMAwesome, thanks Filler.  What's your YouTube channel called?
Playongo. It's in my signature.

This is my PC-FX list
Lol no clue how I missed that lol.

Filler

Quote from: guest on 06/15/2014, 03:22 AMIt's funny to see that I got both Dragon Knight-4-ever and Welcome to Pia Carrot in my DVD collection, but never got a chance to play their related games. How are they?
So as not to derail this thread, I'd encourage you to check out this one for more info on Pia Carrot.
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=12813.0

NecroPhile

The first must have for anyone starting out with the PC-FX is an emulator and a bunch of ISOs; know what you're getting into before buying, else you'll be yet another in the long string of PC-FX buyers that get bored and sell months later.  That said, some of the best and most accessible (for those without moon runes skills) games are Zenki, Zerogier, Ruruli Ra Rura, Chip Chan Kick, and Pia Carrot (translated).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Elder

Quote from: guest on 06/16/2014, 10:45 AMThe first must have for anyone starting out with the PC-FX is an emulator and a bunch of ISOs; know what you're getting into before buying, else you'll be yet another in the long string of PC-FX buyers that get bored and sell months later.  That said, some of the best and most accessible (for those without moon runes skills) games are Zenki, Zerogier, Ruruli Ra Rura, Chip Chan Kick, and Pia Carrot (translated).
Thanks for the head's up.  I don't plan to purchase anything at the moment, more looking over the system and its must-have games.  I'm interested in learning all I can before making that decesion ;)

pulstar

My favourites that I've played so far are Battle Heat, Zenki, Zeroigar, Farland Story FX and Der Langrisser FX. I love the PC-FX version of Der Langrisser and if you like SRPGs you'll love it. As mentioned above, the PC-FX is very much an acquired taste so try before you buy is definitely the advice.
My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

Elder

Quote from: pulstar on 06/23/2014, 07:10 AMMy favourites that I've played so far are Battle Heat, Zenki, Zeroigar, Farland Story FX and Der Langrisser FX. I love the PC-FX version of Der Langrisser and if you like SRPGs you'll love it. As mentioned above, the PC-FX is very much an acquired taste so try before you buy is definitely the advice.
Will do!  More and more people keep telling me that so I'm going to download an emu and see if this is for me or not.

Blit

My favourites:

Der Langrisser
Last Imperial Prince
Zeroigar
Chip Chan Kick

Owning roughly half of all released games.

KiddoCabbusses

(EDIT: This somehow got posted in the wrong thread. Considering I didn't even click here, I think it's a glitch. Ignore this post. Was meant to go in the gmaker thread.)

awbacon

Team Innocent was always my favorite. It felt more "next gen" compared to the PC-Engine hardware. Wish it was translated when I played it though.

SuperDeadite

Overall I'd say Chipchan Kick is the best game on the system.  It's fantastic, long, and 2 players.

Most of the other games have been mentioned.  However if you have some Japanese ability, I highly recommend Blue Breaker.  It is a very unique game, a pain in the ass to really grasp even for Japanese speakers, but once you get into the flow of it, an outstanding game, and the FX original is the only version that isn't riddled with bugs and annoyances.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Ayce

Quote from: guest on 06/16/2014, 10:45 AMThe first must have for anyone starting out with the PC-FX is an emulator and a bunch of ISOs; know what you're getting into before buying, else you'll be yet another in the long string of PC-FX buyers that get bored and sell months later.  That said, some of the best and most accessible (for those without moon runes skills) games are Zenki, Zerogier, Ruruli Ra Rura, Chip Chan Kick, and Pia Carrot (translated).
That's a good tip. About a month ago I almost bought a PC-FX but decided not to spend the $150 because the games just didn't look all that entertaining. This is one system that I've never played, including through emulation.