RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

"From the Memory Bank: My History with Video Games" By: Mr. P

Started by Mathius, 07/19/2014, 11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathius

http://mrpofvania.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2014-04-15T21:20:00-07:00&max-results=7&start=26&by-date=false

This new blog by one of my favorite writers of retro gaming, Mr. P. (who you may know from his excellent Castlevania reviews), is a trip through his childhood experiences starting with the NES. What resonates so much with me is that his experiences and memories parallel mine. He reminds me of what those early days of falling in love with video games felt like. This is something that I have wanted to do for a long time but lacked the writing skills to write my thoughts out. Mr. P does a much more thorough and stellar job here than I could ever do.

After clicking the above link scroll down to the first post and work your way up. If you lived out these experiences like me then prepare yourself for a blast of nostalgia capable of warming your belly to an untold degree. Enjoy! :)

esteban

Ok, I read most of  Ninja Gaiden (I had so skip a lot of his NES stuff once he said he didn't notice the story initially). I enjoyed his musings on the arcade version, though.  I was never the biggest fan of arcade Ninja Gaiden—once that game stole a few quarters from me, I was ready to move onto to something else.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 07/20/2014, 11:35 PMOk, I read most of  Ninja Gaiden (I had so skip a lot of his NES stuff once he said he didn't notice the story initially). I enjoyed his musings on the arcade version, though.  I was never the biggest fan of arcade Ninja Gaiden—once that game stole a few quarters from me, I was ready to move onto to something else.
I would still suggest you go ahead and read all his posts. It's not so much the games themselves in the spotlight as is his adventures with his best friends, brother, etc. I can easily relate to his how he would use his imagination to fill in the blanks where there was a short supply of processing power.