10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

What do you guys think about the upcoming TMNT movie?

Started by johnnymad, 07/25/2014, 11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnymad

I'm intrigued a little more every time they release a little more material in trailers but I'm still not sure what I think about it. I've been ok with every "new" version of the turtles since the original cartoons. I think the current version on Nickelodeon is pretty good but this - I don't know. I think they look hideous and why are they freakishly tall? I remember their heights from the original arcade game and weren't they all around 5 foot 5?

ParanoiaDragon

Yeah, it's as if they are Teenage Mutant Mutant Ninja Turtles!  They're freakish looking.  Basically, they all look like Slash looks, big, bulky & extra mutatey!  I think it looks like garbage, which isn't surprising seeing as how it's Michael Bay, with Megan Fox as April O'Neil. 

IMG
IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 07/25/2014, 11:23 PMIMG
LOL! I dunno, I think that's the first lulz I ever got from a post by PD. ;)

Anyway, I don't quite share that sentiment in that meme, but I understand it. I loved the first Transformers myself, I just thought they'd get weaker and weaker with every sequel is all. There is a certain popularity in bashing Bay that has taken hold over the years for whatever reasons I noticed. I typically like his movies (e.g. The Rock, The Hitcher, The Island, Pearl Harbor, Armageddon ), but yeah, each to his own at the end of the day.

psychobear

TMNT has been dead and ran over a few times already since Nickelodeon purchase the rights. Growing up I was a huge TMNT fan, and seeing that this movie is aimed at a much younger audience I don't really care much for it, but my 7 year old is looking forward to it. I remember when the original TMNT movies came out and those weren't so good also, maybe the first one.

JoshTurboTrollX

It's going to be horrible... I think.  I personally am holding out hope that it'll be an interesting romp, but I have no faith in anything Michael Bay touches.  I'm not a fan of anything he's worked on (Directed/produced) outside of Armageddon and The Rock.  Silly movies with horrible plot holes and lots of explosions. Sometimes it's good, but for Bay, it's been pretty bad for a long time.

I will see it, but expectations are incredibly low. 

PS: I loved the original 1989 film, disappointed with The Secret of the Ooze, laughed at some good parts in TMNT 3 and even enjoyed some parts of the 2007 movie.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TR0N

Sicken after id watched the trailer and i used to read the tmnt comic to. Still, this was produced by bay and his movies are all ways eye-candy and no substance to them.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

elderbroom

I very much want to see re-imagined what is in my head as nostalgic, and true to the original.  I recall being pissed off that Transformers art direction wasn't true to the Gen1 look and feel. But in the end .. while not the movie I hoped they'd make .. I mostly enjoyed them. We recently saw Transformers Age of Extinction at the drive-in. I had lowered my expectations so much .. but in the end mostly enjoyed it. I will certainly see the new TMNT movie, but feel the same way about it. I certainly question some of Michael Bay's decisions .. but like that he does try to make thinks somewhat darker.  I wish someone would pull the Avatar : Last Airbender license away from Nick as it needs a dark, true to the story reboot. I was so very disappointed with that movie. But I digress
-----------------------
Elderbroom
My TG-16/PCE Collection : http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/615/show-collection.htm

TheClash603

I will see this.  I probably won't like it, just because I absolutely hate how the turtles look.  However, Meagan Fox is smokin' hot and I've always liked her, so I am okay with that casting.

As someone that doesn't give a shit about Transformers, I don't have a similar Michael Bay experience the rest of you do.  This will be the first time something from my childhood is being touched by this guy.

Now where is there He-Man reboot that's been talked about for a decade?

johnnymad

Seems like most of us have similar opinions about it. I may just hope to find a copy of it in a thrift store like I did for the 2007 version. Don't think I want to spend money on it in a theater.

turbokon

I love the rock and the first bad boys movie.  I think Micheal Bay can put out good movies.  Things goes wrong when he tries  to go over the top.  The first transformers was the best for me.  I'm actually excited about the new ninja turtles movie.  The looks of the new turtles are starting to grow on me and from what I've seen on the trailers,  the turtles can do some cool ass kicks and Megan fox is hot:)
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

ClodBusted

I liked the original Ninja Turtles TV series and the first movie a lot. After that, they went downhill in my opinion.

turbokon

Quote from: guest on 07/26/2014, 03:16 PMI find myself strangely aroused by the new look of the turtles.
Lol, you are a strange one my friend:)

www.tg16pcemods.com

HailingTheThings

IMG

ParanoiaDragon

I didn't have any problem with Bay, until the 1st TF movie.  Then the 2nd, & the 3rd!  Ultimately, I feel like the 1st TF movie was okay, but I thought the 2nd one was terrible & the 3 was boring, as was the 4th.  For the 4th, I was able to stomach the humans more then in the 1st 3 movies, but yeah, Bay's iron thumb of injustice on the TF side of things, has made me roll my eyes at any childhood tv show movies he does.  Otherwise, I've enjoyed other movies of his.
IMG

jlued686

The Nickelodeon show is great. I watch it with my kids every week and they're doing a great job. Also, the IDW comic series is really good.

But these hideous Turtles that Michael Bay is forcing upon the world? Fuck 'em. If the shit-pile that is the Transformer movies is any indication of the quality of this movie, I'm out.

madboom0522

Turtles on roids.... Seems a little off... In the early days they looked friendly now kind of freakish...
Titles to complete... Caught them all....

FiftyQuid

I don't get why they re-did the look of the Turtles.  How the fuck are they going to sell toys to kids that look like that shit?  I'll stick to the old look.  If I can't find a copy in the bulk bin at Wal-Mart in a couple months to take a dump on then I'll give Megan Fox a call.  I hear she's into that.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

roflmao

The folks that made the Sin City movie - they should have been the ones to make the new TMNT film.  The original Eastman/Laird creative was so much closer to Frank Miller than the crap Bay puts out.

geise

Going to be a total piece of shit, and a slap in the face to oldschool fans, just like the Tansformers movies were.

OldRover

You lost me at "Megan Fox as April O'Neil". No. Just... no. Tell me Christina Hendricks is playing as April O'Neil and I'll go see it whether it sucks or not.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

johnnymad

Quote from: guest on 07/28/2014, 01:19 PMNo Vanilla Ice.
I believe we have identified the problem. Instead of go ninja, go, it'll be no, ninja, no.

NightWolve

Quote from: johnnymad on 07/28/2014, 04:00 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/28/2014, 01:19 PMNo Vanilla Ice.
I believe we have identified the problem. Instead of go ninja, go, it'll be no, ninja, no.
Ha!

ParanoiaDragon

I'm telling you, those turtles all look like Slash clones, 1 Slash is enough!
/TMNT90_6.jpg
IMG
IMG

johnnymad

NightWolve

Dems fightin' words to a Ninja turtle. ;) Funny though, this is the first I've learned of an evil turtle from "Dimension X..."  :lol:

johnnymad

I remember him. Think he was only friends with Raphael at first and then got an ego and turned evil.

HailingTheThings

I like how the figure for Slash looks way cooler than he does in the cartoon.
IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TheClash603

turbokon

Just like the transformers movie, good or bad, I'm glad they got made.  Beside, I think they look more realistic. 

IMG

www.tg16pcemods.com

NightWolve

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/29/2014, 08:15 PMhttp://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/30/tmnt-poster-gets-negative-attention-for-911-gaffe?abthid=53d836af1e3cbb627000002e

I just saw this article.  Pretty ridiculous mistake by the marketing team.
Yeah, a bit in poor taste a choice for a 9/11 opening with that, but I wouldn't have raised a complaint over it.

HailingTheThings

IMG

FiftyQuid

I just witnessed a new trailer on tv for this.  I think I am even less impressed.  Unfortunately there are enough assholes out there that will drop a dime on this movie that it's going to make a profit and spawn at least 2 sequels.  Stupid fucks.

BTW, these comments on that article are priceless;

QuoteIf something offends America it should offend everyone. Without America the world would end.
 â€¢Share ›
ramsey79  mmmpepsi • 3 minutes ago
So what about if china ends they basically own us
 â€¢Share ›
TheSpearGodsHall  ramsey79 • 2 minutes ago
That's like someone you owe money to dying
Fucking awesome.

johnnymad

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 07/29/2014, 11:21 PMI just witnessed a new trailer on tv for this.  I think I am even less impressed.
It's weird, every time they release a little more footage, I hate it a little less.

NightWolve

Another billion-dollar blockbuster in the can!! ;) Bay strikes again!! Heh-heh.

TransformersGross2014.jpg
Transformers: Age of Extinction
facebook.com/photo/?fbid=614056302041191

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/25/2014, 11:55 PMThere is a certain popularity in bashing Bay that has taken hold over the years for whatever reasons I noticed. I typically like his movies (e.g. The Rock, The Hitcher, The Island, Pearl Harbor, Armageddon ), but yeah, each to his own at the end of the day.
He's popular to bash because he sucks. His movies are trash, and if you like them, you like trash, end of story. (Hey, I like some trash, too, but I'll admit it when it's trash at least!) He had four decent movies (Bad Boys, The Rock, Armageddon, and Pearl Harbor) and one "mediocre at best" movie (Bad Boys II), but mainly, he's derivative. In fact, I'd argue that each one of those movies would be much better without Michael Bay. He's has no taste, lacks subtle, and is clueless about the totality of the film, focusing too much on the boom and not enough on the design.

johnnymad

Did anyone see it? Heard it wasn't terrible but wasn't good either.

turbokon

I enjoyed it.  I think it's better than the last transformers movie.  My only complaint is more kicking because I'm all about the kicks:)

www.tg16pcemods.com

FiftyQuid

Reviews are in the toilet, not that I ever believe reviews.  Oh, and on a separate note I see Robocop has already been released to retail stores for sale on DVD/Blu-ray.  The true sign of a fantastic movie is when it is put on retail shelves a few weeks after cinematic release.  Rubbish...

ToyMachine78

My son LOVED it. But he doesn't have the nostalgia bias I do. It was a good thing tho. Now he wants to play all the classic tmnt games I have :)

johnnymad

In the end, they didn't really make this for us - they made it for kids today. These kids will hate the next generation of turtle movies that come out when they're older.

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 08/07/2014, 05:16 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 07/25/2014, 11:55 PMThere is a certain popularity in bashing Bay that has taken hold over the years for whatever reasons I noticed. I typically like his movies (e.g. The Rock, The Hitcher, The Island, Pearl Harbor, Armageddon ), but yeah, each to his own at the end of the day.
He's popular to bash because he sucks. His movies are trash, and if you like them, you like trash, end of story. (Hey, I like some trash, too, but I'll admit it when it's trash at least!) He had four decent movies (Bad Boys, The Rock, Armageddon, and Pearl Harbor) and one "mediocre at best" movie (Bad Boys II), but mainly, he's derivative. In fact, I'd argue that each one of those movies would be much better without Michael Bay. He's has no taste, lacks subtle, and is clueless about the totality of the film, focusing too much on the boom and not enough on the design.
Yeah, this kind of troll post is pretty close to what I was referring to when it comes to him and what I've seen around here and there, etc. Except, there's more of a personalized hatred, or say some kind of grudge usually associated with it. But yeah, you're pretty close to it. Thing is, I've been curious about it, wondered if there wasn't something ideological behind it and what not, but I haven't looked at it enough to decide conclusively for sure. Just sort of a suspicion.

Anyway, the only movie of his that I've seen where I might've felt it was a bit trash was that new one, Pain & Gain. It was interesting to a degree, and given that it was a true story, but I didn't like it that much. Aside from that, I would say Bad Boys is mediocre too (forgot about those), but pretty much most of the rest of his work (and as a Producer) I've really enjoyed, was blown away from the first Transformers and The Rock (still one of my top action movies).

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/10/2014, 02:09 AM
Yeah, this kind of troll post is pretty close to what I was referring to when it comes to him and what I've seen around here and there, etc. Except, there's more of a personalized hatred, or say some kind of grudge usually associated with it. But yeah, you're pretty close to it. Thing is, I've been curious about it, wondered if there wasn't something ideological behind it and what not, but I haven't looked at it enough to decide conclusively for sure. Just sort of a suspicion.

Anyway, the only movie of his that I've seen where I might've felt it was a bit trash was that new one, Pain & Gain. It was interesting to a degree, and given that it was a true story, but I didn't like it that much. Aside from that, I would say Bad Boys is mediocre too (forgot about those), but pretty much most of the rest of his work (and as a Producer) I've really enjoyed, was blown away from the first Transformers and The Rock (still one of my top action movies).
Not trolling, and no grudge. I just hate bad movies. You might like movies with all fluff, that's your thing, but that doesn't make it great cinema.

MrFulci

Quote from: guest on 08/11/2014, 10:20 AM
Quote from: NightWolve on 08/10/2014, 02:09 AM

Not trolling, and no grudge. I just hate bad movies. You might like movies with all fluff, that's your thing, but that doesn't make it great cinema.
Armageddon, I only saw in theatres, never again after that. It was OK for a popcorn movie in 1998. Steve Buscemi, Peter Stormare, Bruce Willis.

The Rock, also, OK time. Saw it once, never felt the need to see again, though.

The Island, I felt no need to see after the trailer in 2005. I saw lots of orange and blue coloring, and I like the original (Clonus). As soona s I saw the trailer I thought, "Clonus is remade"?

The Hitcher, the original, I don't care for as much as Clonus, I felt it was OK, no need for me to see a remake which I may feel is less than, "OK".

My feeling is, some of Micahel Bay complaint is similar to what I read of Uwe Boll. If people like a certain guy's films, go for it, it's usually not my thing, though.

Uwe Boll did get Dave Foley to do full frontal in Postal, though. I wasn't expecting that, good show Dave (and Uwe)! Michael Bay never surprised me like that!!!
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

tggodfrey

I wanted to see this but I never watched the Trailer much.  After watching the trailer I opted to pass.  Like everyone else our age, I wanted to see the nostalgic movie and TV shows we grew up with.  Glad I passed.  Like posted already, that was done for the kids of today, not us which is unfortunate. 

As for Bays other films, I liked Pain and Gain especially since it was based on a true move.  Bad Boys was terrible to me, just pain makes me sick to see it on TV even.  Poor acting and lousy plot but to each their own.  Armageddon was a well done action movie with the realism of the plot concept and drama blending.  The transformers movies I enjoy but I watch them for the special effects, because of that I lost interest after Rise of the Fallen.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

turbokon

I just watched Ninja Turtles again for the second time.  I can't remember the last movie I watched more then once at the theater, I think it was the first transformers movie.  Great action movie with a touch of humor.

www.tg16pcemods.com

elderbroom

I'm still waiting to see it ... finally had a night out, where we had a babysitter.  The wife however wanted to see Guardians of the Galaxy.  Need to figure out a way to get out and see TMNT .. maybe hooky from work for acouple hours to see a matinee.
-----------------------
Elderbroom
My TG-16/PCE Collection : http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/615/show-collection.htm

HailingTheThings

Quote from: elderbroom on 08/17/2014, 10:11 AMNeed to figure out a way to get out and see TMNT .. maybe hooky from work for acouple hours to see a matinee.
Please don't.
IMG

turbokon

My wife didn't get to see it with us the first time.  She actually wanted to see it when we had our date night.

www.tg16pcemods.com