@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Nice knowing you, "low prices"

Started by o.pwuaioc, 09/01/2014, 12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

o.pwuaioc

TurboGrafx-16 Games Hidden Gems 1 - Metal Jesus Rocks

Flare65

I'm not sure I would call that list a 'Hidden Gems"...  All the titles he talked about are common games. 

wildfruit

bob

esteban

Why am I so irked that both of these fellows (I am referring to "Happy Console Gamer" not even n this damn thread) don't have a back cover on the TG-16? It makes the console look far goofier than it need be.

It also reeks of "I'm clueless" ...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

bob

Johnny Longhair in that video illustrates everything wrong with the retro scene.
"i found this at a local shop and you said BUY IT BUY IT, its the original JJ & Jeff"
Then a few minutes later..."well in JJ & Jeff he has a spray can, but in the original, he farts."
Even uglier Howard Stern says.... "really?"  (Why dont you try playing it, clown)

So, Douchey McDouchey, you HAD to buy the loose Kato & Ken because you are a "new collector" to the TG.
GREAT!  We need more like you. So glad you arrived.  :roll:

I couldnt even finish that video. Embarrassing.

esteban

Quote from: galam on 09/01/2014, 09:12 AMJohnny Longhair in that video illustrates everything wrong with the retro scene.
"i found this at a local shop and you said BUY IT BUY IT, its the original JJ & Jeff"
Then a few minutes later..."well in JJ & Jeff he has a spray can, but in the original, he farts."
Even uglier Howard Stern says.... "really?"  (Why dont you try playing it, clown)

So, Douchey McDouchey, you HAD to buy the loose Kato & Ken because you are a "new collector" to the TG.
GREAT!  We need more like you. So glad you arrived.  :roll:

I couldnt even finish that video. Embarrassing.
Hahahaha. I don't have to skewer the video now.

The other video, by HappyCMS (whatever) manages to waste a lot of time with LITTLE USEFUL/ORIGINAL CONTENT restated over and over...

...and over and over.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: esteban on 09/01/2014, 09:40 AMThe other video, by HappyCMS (whatever) manages to waste a lot of time with LITTLE USEFUL/ORIGINAL CONTENT restated over and over...

...and over and over.
That's pretty much every one of his videos. If you want a real laugh, try watching the movie he made. Should still be on his channel.
IMG

Psycho Punch

Quote from: galam on 09/01/2014, 09:12 AMThen a few minutes later..."well in JJ & Jeff he has a spray can, but in the original, he farts."
DID YOU KNOW: Super Mario Bros. 2 is a localization of the japanese Famicom Disk System game "Doki Doki Panic!"
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

PunkCryborg

Damnit you should have warned that it was a "Metal Jesus Rocks" video. Now I'm going to have to see that ugly mother fuckers face in my suggested videos on my YT home screen all the time. 
Thanks.

johnnymad

I'll admit that I've watched a few of his videos. He is informative to the casual or beginning collector of a new-to-them system. Can't bring myself to subscribe to him though. Don't think this video is necessarily a bad thing in terms of exposure for the TG-16 but it will probably drive up prices even more. This happens when any youtuber reviews a good or bad game unfortunately.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: johnnymad on 09/01/2014, 08:22 PMI'll admit that I've watched a few of his videos. He is informative to the casual or beginning collector of a new-to-them system. Can't bring myself to subscribe to him though. Don't think this video is necessarily a bad thing in terms of exposure for the TG-16 but it will probably drive up prices even more. This happens when any youtuber reviews a good or bad game unfortunately.
He's not a terrible person or anything. I guess I was more annoyed than I should have been, but it really rubbed me the wrong.

ToyMachine78

He's a wanker. His only redeeming quality is that he is a big Opeth and Iron Maiden fan.

johnnymad

Quote from: guest on 09/01/2014, 09:01 PMHe's not a terrible person or anything. I guess I was more annoyed than I should have been, but it really rubbed me the wrong.
I saw the video before this thread and thought the same thing about prices going up. And yeah, don't think he's a bad guy either. He's actually pretty helpful when it comes to finding games that are a bit under the radar. Probably annoying to us because these games are all well-known here.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: johnnymad on 09/01/2014, 09:07 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/01/2014, 09:01 PMHe's not a terrible person or anything. I guess I was more annoyed than I should have been, but it really rubbed me the wrong.
I saw the video before this thread and thought the same thing about prices going up. And yeah, don't think he's a bad guy either. He's actually pretty helpful when it comes to finding games that are a bit under the radar. Probably annoying to us because these games are all well-known here.
Which means people are going to plop down even more money for commons thinking they're rare. :/

vexcollects

I should really get me one of them Turbo Graphic 16s. JJ and Jeff looks to be the best game I have ever witnessed.

Pfft .. Way to showcase the system. Never have I seen anyone that excited for JJ and Jeff. Wait until they find out that the Atari Jaguar fighter, Kasumi Ninja, has a character that farts at his opponent. "BUY IT, BUY IT!" :-s

ToyMachine78

Quote from: vexcollects on 09/01/2014, 09:33 PMI should really get me one of them Turbo Graphic 16s. JJ and Jeff looks to be the best game I have ever witnessed.

Pfft .. Way to showcase the system. Never have I seen anyone that excited for JJ and Jeff. Wait until they find out that the Atari Jaguar fighter, Kasumi Ninja, has a character that farts at his opponent. "BUY IT, BUY IT!" :-s
Lol I was thinking the same thing! WTF?

vexcollects

F&%*. I just watched it again. Started ranting to my wife about it. She looked at me with those, "I want a divorce" eyes.....but still.....the video.....pretty frustrating for a bunch of reasons.

Dicer

Quote from: vexcollects on 09/01/2014, 11:30 PMF&%*. I just watched it again. Started ranting to my wife about it. She looked at me with those, "I want a divorce" eyes.....but still.....the video.....pretty frustrating for a bunch of reasons.
Lol....

Yeah video was a bit rage inducing, so many smh moment's

NecroPhile

Who watches this shit and actually enjoys it?  These two are the equivalent of watching Big Brother or Teen Mom.  ](*,)
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

MrFulci

Quote from: NecroPhile on 09/02/2014, 11:14 AMWho watches this shit and actually enjoys it?  These two are the equivalent of watching Big Brother or Teen Mom.  ](*,)
If most of it is more than a talking head(s), then, I can sit through certain amounts of time. I skipped through that video, but it didn't seem too bad. More geared to peopled new to the sytem.

From what I've seen of Game Sack, which I'm new to this year, they do OK.

Myself, I already know what I like, and what's out there, and rely more on certain sites, where I can skim through descriptions, reviews, etc.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

reson8er

Quote from: guest on 09/01/2014, 09:06 PMHe's a wanker. His only redeeming quality is that he is a big Opeth and Iron Maiden fan.
Could not agree with this more. Up the Irons!

jeffhlewis

Can someone explain to me why all of these YouTube tards feel the need to make some form of movie (i.e. HCG, AVGN)? How the fuck does anything related to this hobby lend itself to a movie, aside from it being "Collectards: The Movie"?

Most of the guys from that All Gen Gamers podcast/collective are worthless. Listening to that podcast is a litany of factual errors and collectard BS. If you're going to drone on about retrogaming for an hour per click, at least research WTF you're talking about and make notes.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 09/02/2014, 01:38 PMCan someone explain to me why all of these YouTube tards feel the need to make some form of movie (i.e. HCG, AVGN)? How the fuck does anything related to this hobby lend itself to a movie, aside from it being "Collectards: The Movie"?

Most of the guys from that All Gen Gamers podcast/collective are worthless. Listening to that podcast is a litany of factual errors and collectard BS. If you're going to drone on about retrogaming for an hour per click, at least research WTF you're talking about and make notes.
I listened to a few episodes strictly due to a recommendation from someone, and ran out of stuff to listen to on a road trip and became aggravated enough to never want to listen again.

I can handle one or two slight factual errors, it's when it's consistent misinformation, BS or crap they didn't research that drives me up the wall and I found that podcast to be more of the same.
--DragonmasterDan

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: MrFulci on 09/02/2014, 11:22 AMFrom what I've seen of Game Sack, which I'm new to this year, they do OK.
Game Sack is excellent, there's very few times where I've watched it and been aggravated with mis-information or other common problems I see with video game related podcasts or youtube personalities.

Overall Joe and Dave do a fantastic job not just in terms of content, but in terms of editing and presentation as well. If you're wanting a show that's intending to be educational and not comedic, it's the best I've come across.
--DragonmasterDan

MrFulci

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 09/02/2014, 01:38 PMCan someone explain to me why all of these YouTube tards feel the need to make some form of movie (i.e. HCG, AVGN)? How the fuck does anything related to this hobby lend itself to a movie, aside from it being "Collectards: The Movie"?
They're just, TRYING TO GET INTO YOUR WORLD! THAT"S ALL YOU KNOW, JEFF! THAT"S ALL YOU KNOW!

Mind the volume, but it's out there, easy for me to paste, where it is viewable here, skip to 40 seconds in;
THIS IS ALL I KNOW!
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

MrFulci

Quote from: Nulltard on 09/02/2014, 01:58 PM................

I don't think Tim & Eric could do a better job at making a documentary about the console.

TELL 'EM HOW IT TASTES, Nulltard (Skip to 36 sec in.)!

jeffhlewis

MrFulci

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 09/02/2014, 02:21 PMSWEETBERRYWINE!!!
I'm a very dear friend here. You guys don't know what pain is. My parents were eaten by a bear.

PCEFX is gonna get me through this (and Bill Murray).

Bill Murray pieced it together, over the years.

I was at home, late at night, watching TV with them, in the Midwest, when all of a sudden, a grizzly bear burst through the sliding glass window, and ate them. For 2 1/2 hours...

It should have been me, but I froze in fear.

The bear, used my parents for calories, so he could run and climb, but my parents were much more than bear calories, THEY WERE MY PARENTS!

(No video out, for the mentioned above.)

it happened about 22 years ago, this week. There's no time limit on this type of thing, even though they were the foster parents, shouldn't matter.

*edited to add, so no one here thinks I'm too nuts - http://snltranscripts.jt.org/98/98nbear.phtml

ToyMachine78

I'm completely lost. WTH is going on?

MrFulci

Quote from: guest on 09/02/2014, 03:07 PMI'm completely lost. WTH is going on?
It's a horrible mess, since I have VHS of that skit, with Horatio Sans, Bill Murray, Will Ferrel, and some others. not online, for whatever awful reason... A bear ate my parents..

vexcollects

Agreed. I lost track of the post topic. All of the sudden a bear was drinking sweet berry wine.

johnnymad

Something about a hammerhead shark, nose hair and flatus. Best keep your distance.

o.pwuaioc

What infernal thread have I spawned!

johnnymad

After saying goodbye to low prices, we also said goodbye to our sanity. Totally your fault.

Arkhan Asylum

do these slowtards know what "Hidden Gem" means? lol

The lack of China Warrior tells me they don't.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

wildfruit

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 09/03/2014, 04:14 PMdo these slowtards know what "Hidden Gem" means? lol

The lack of China Warrior tells me they don't.
Damn straight. I never noticed till today the character sprite actually blinks every now and again. Cool.

roflmao

Yeah, I couldn't finish that.  Wow.

InfraMan

Wow, that might be the ugliest chick I've ever seen. I hope she does some cool NES hidden gems next, like Mario and Zelda and Sonic. =D>

pulstar

Watched the video; first time I saw Metal Jesus; realised he was a false prophet...disappointed...
My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

vexcollects

Quote from: pulstar on 09/04/2014, 03:36 PMWatched the video; first time I saw Metal Jesus; realised he was a false prophet...disappointed...
WHAT?? Come on, that dude just told you that you can buy a game that allows you to fart on people as a weapon. I would buy 4 TG16s and 5 copies of JJ & Ken (in case one breaks) for the privilege....THE VERY PRIVELEDGE...of bearing witness to this rarity gem so sparkly that I would just stop playing other games entirely. I'm Done. Seriously. Why even bother? I've seen it all now. I no longer need to troll forums, and hang out at garage sales. No point. Jeff and Kato. Like a sprite based double fudge sunday. Might get that extra copy laminated or bronzed to commemorate the day that someone overloaded every sense I have by showcasing the TG16 with a gem so rare it could only be called Tango & Jeff. Brilliant.

Mathius

*Quietly shuts the Public Access Door to the Obey Room*

johnnymad

Quote from: johnnymad on 09/02/2014, 11:09 PMSomething about a hammerhead shark, nose hair and flatus. Best keep your distance.
Haha, I get it. Those are the lyrics to a Primus song. Clever, sir.

Otaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

o.pwuaioc

schweaty

My favorites were:  "I wish I had the CD case for Order of the Griffin"  and "Time Cruise didnt get a US release"   :roll:

vexcollects

Pac land? Pac land? Oh yeah, and there are some shooters, but "we haven't got to those" . Yeah, because you gotta make more room for Pac land. The shooters, they're not important. I hope they review another pin ball game in the next episode. Makes sense to do 2 pin ball games so far. And as Metal Jesus said, there were so many pinball games for the turbografx. Or, Maybe You just picked all the pin ball games to review! Go float over to the snes and see how many pinball games are on that console, you giant turd.

PunkCryborg

This was pretty bad, how does this dude have so many subscribers and hits?

esteban

I haven't watched it yet, but let's think of it this way:

Most stuff on YouTube is garbage (factually incorrect), but at least some of it can be entertaining.

The only person I've been watching semi-regularly for the past year is the LGR dude (Lazy a Game Reviews), not because he is perfect, but because he often covers games he played the __________ out of when he was a bored dork in the 90's. Those reviews ring true to me.

Sadly, out of desperation, he started posting "thrift pickup" videos and I lost a dollop of respect for him because he's grasping for easy content to post.

Oh well.