10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Exclusive Bayonetta 2 First Print Edition Coming to Europe

Started by Medic_wheat, 09/06/2014, 09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic_wheat

Looks great. Wish we were getting it here in the US.

Anyone from the UK willing to hook me up? 

http://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-bayonetta-2-first-print-084500859.html

Medic_wheat

Meanwhile, a limited Bayonetta First Print Edition will bundle both games with an art book made to resemble the Hierarchy of Laguna. The leather hardback cover features an embossed logo, and the art book itself is attached to the case's housing. Only 15,000 copies are available, with some UK retailers fixing it with a £60 price tag.

A video showcasing the First Print Edition can be found above. The game's latest trailer is below.

In the US, Bayonetta 2 will cost $59.99 at retail (which includes both Bayonetta 2 and the original Bayonetta).

Medic_wheat

Just looked on amazon uk.

Two people selling it.  And asking £160.  Dang! 

Ok that is just crazy

wildfruit

Only one retailer here has the first print game.co.uk and pre order is sold out. Damn gougers

TR0N

To bad the wii u is region locked  ](*,) Once again the u.s get's the shaft on a limited edition.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

bartre

too bad Bayonetta sucked.
i really wanted to like it, but no.
just...... no.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: bartre on 09/09/2014, 03:30 AMtoo bad Bayonetta sucked.
just...... no.
Really?

I liked it...but I had a similar thing happen with the first Assason's Creed....it just didn't do it for me and I never felt the urge to give that series another try......

Which I find odd because when I look at game play or what have you it seems like the sort of game I would love......as I love other games like Theif, Dishonored, Bio Shock but when it came to Assasons Creed...I couldn't care less for it.

johnnymad

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/09/2014, 09:53 AMReally?

I liked it...but I had a similar thing happen with the first Assason's Creed....it just didn't do it for me and I never felt the urge to give that series another try......

Which I find odd because when I look at game play or what have you it seems like the sort of game I would love......as I love other games like Theif, Dishonored, Bio Shock but when it came to Assasons Creed...I couldn't care less for it.
You should give AC another chance. First one was a bit slow but I promise it gets better.

And yeah, U.S. misses out on another cool exclusive. Thanks, Nintendo.

xcrement5x

Seriously, three posts in a row in under 10 mins?  [-X

I think the US regular release will come with both the first and second games bundled.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 09/09/2014, 01:51 PMSeriously, three posts in a row in under 10 mins?  [-X

I think the US regular release will come with both the first and second games bundled.
Yep I like that the first game is on a physical disk and not just a digital download code.....that would have been lame IMO.

I pre-ordered my copy of the game ..I don't typicaly pre-order games unless it is a limited release (phyical like that one Vita game that XSEED is porting).

Although this isn't a limited release I have been unable to verify if the physicla copy of the first game is a pre-order only thing or will be in EVER retail verson of the game....so just to keep from sliping on a pre-order then getting a price hike on a new game later I went into my nearest game stop and put my $5 down.

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 09/09/2014, 01:51 PMSeriously, three posts in a row in under 10 mins?  [-X
Sheesh.  Please use the modify button, medic.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Opethian

IMG

Medic_wheat

Its part of the issue ofbusing a phone. Or at lest an android.

If I dart from the tab everything typed not posted is erased if I want to do anythibg like post a link or such

So I have to post in bits to get anything done

Truth I could modify which I use to do but when I try and copy past something or even just type my touch screen will put the pasted material in places not intended often embeded inside a word in a randome sentnace same with quotes and alike. Which makes thibgs frustrating.

So I adopted a "I dont care any more" approach.

Dont know if it is because it is a galaxy III or my fat thumbs or what but yeah.

I try and just do what ever is easiest .....  unless there is an app for this forums?  I know some forums have an app that works a little better then the web broweser on some phones.

NecroPhile

Many others post successfully from phones/tablets, so the problem is you.  Try Tapatalk and/or a different browser, or at least take the time to proofread your missives before posting.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 09/09/2014, 04:04 PMMany others post successfully from phones/tablets, so the problem is you.  Try Tapatalk and/or a different browser, or at least take the time to proofread your missives before posting.
NEVER!

acutally never heared of Tapatalk....might be better then using the stock web brower that is on the phone......

NecroPhile

Tapatalk is a well known app that many use for browsing and posting on forums, not a general web browser.

Digi.k

xcrement5x

Quote from: Digi.k on 09/10/2014, 07:02 AMI think it is sold out now on pre order..
Just the EU version.  The US only gets a basic copy I believe, and there will probably be a ton of those for sale.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 09/10/2014, 02:31 PM
Quote from: Digi.k on 09/10/2014, 07:02 AMI think it is sold out now on pre order..
Just the EU version.  The US only gets a basic copy I believe, and there will probably be a ton of those for sale.
and I am gald taht the US verson will be so accessable.  I might (just for grins) take my copy and get a cheapy Wii U game (probably a sport game) sell off the booklet game and cover at cost if possible and use the game case to put the first Bayonettta game in.  Hopefully the booklet will be seperate for the first game that I can combine with the game case and if the cover for the game is offred up on "the cover project" I will then print out my own cover and do that....sure it will take more space but eh.....it might look cool

munchiaz

Quote from: bartre on 09/09/2014, 03:30 AMtoo bad Bayonetta sucked.
just...... no.
Can you elaborate more on why you didn't care for the game? Are you just not a fan of those types of games, or was it something else that bothered you?

I happen to think Bayonetta was one of, if not the best action game released last gen. Especially if you go deep into it, which is the case with most platinum games. The range of combos and moves you can do just becomes huge and it becomes a mixture of a action game, and a fighter, i love it. I can't wait for Bayonetta 2, and i plan to take a few days off to enjoy it.

Such a shame we aren't getting the limited edition here in the states.

wildfruit