Introduction

Started by Justinjcox20, 09/09/2014, 02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justinjcox20

Greetings. I am new to this forum, this seems to be the place to post about it. I purchased my first turbografx 16 about two months ago and finally got around to making an account on here. I have had multiple recommendations from friends to join. I am looking to learn as much as I can about NEC console gaming and look forward to learning from everyone and inputting my own to help anyone. I am green to NEC, but I am very excited. I am going to the classic gaming expo this week in hope to find a PC engine duo so that I can region mod and av mod it. I'd love to see the power this machine has and look forward to discussing which games I will enjoy the most. Please feel free to reply if you have any input on my venture this weekend, or just want to say hi. I am a member, but I see myself as a guest until I earn my stripes with knowledge. Thank you for having me!

Cheers

Justin

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Welcome, comrade!  :pcgs:

Please ask us questions...we can direct you to resources that you will use all the time. Like pcecp.com ....
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

HailingTheThings

IMG

Justinjcox20

Quote from: esteban on 09/09/2014, 05:08 PMWelcome, comrade!  :pcgs:

Please ask us questions...we can direct you to resources that you will use all the time. Like pcecp.com ....
Thank you, I appreciate that. Did you have an opinion on the mods I mentioned, av and region? I am hesitant because I like my stuff original, but I wanna play English games as well

jtucci31

Quote from: Justinjcox20 on 09/10/2014, 01:07 AM
Quote from: esteban on 09/09/2014, 05:08 PMWelcome, comrade!  :pcgs:

Thank you, I appreciate that. Did you have an opinion on the mods I mentioned, av and region? I am hesitant because I like my stuff original, but I wanna play English games as well
I would definitely mod it for region free-ness and s-vid/rgb stuffs. Luckily the CD-Rom and Super CD-Rom games are region free, so it's always a matter of the HuCards. A lot of great people on here can do those kinds of mods very well. Depending on who you get it from it may already be modded and it may also need to be recapped as well.

And if you don't find a Duo at CGE, I'm sure you could find one on here pretty easily. :)

johnnymad

Welcome aboard. You'll learn a ton on this forum.

Justinjcox20

Thanks for the warm welcome. I definitely look forward to auctioning and buying on here. But out of respect, I'd like to at least make some posts and get to know people before hand. Does anyone know what is considered reasonable to pay for a Japanese duo? I think 250 sounds right, but that may be to high

PunkCryborg

Duo already has AV out so the only mods would be if you wanted to upgrade to component, svid or rgb. As far as region modding the hu card goes, that would only be if you are planning on buying original US hu cards. Generally US games are more expensive than the pce counterparts. A lot of pce games are in full or mostly english text  already. If you plan on getting a flash cart you dont have to worry about a region mod

Justinjcox20

Would you recommend s video over rgb mod?