10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Anyone have a PSN a Euro or Jp PSN account?

Started by ParanoiaDragon, 09/10/2014, 08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ParanoiaDragon

I've thought about getting some games that aren't available on the US PSN, but I'm wondering how I would pay for the games.  Is it possible to buy a code off of something like Amazon, but then use it for a different region?  I mainly want to get Tomba! 2, since, on the US PSN, they have the Jp version....which I purchased without really looking at it.  I just assumed since the first Tomba was in English, then surely the 2nd one would be!  In anycase, apparently the Euro PSN has the US version of Tomba! 2, so I want to grab it from there.  Might see was the Jp PSN has as well, maybe check out the PC Engine section just for kicks!  :D
IMG

HailingTheThings

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 09/10/2014, 08:22 PMI've thought about getting some games that aren't available on the US PSN, but I'm wondering how I would pay for the games.  Is it possible to buy a code off of something like Amazon, but then use it for a different region?  I mainly want to get Tomba! 2, since, on the US PSN, they have the Jp version....which I purchased without really looking at it.  I just assumed since the first Tomba was in English, then surely the 2nd one would be!  In anycase, apparently the Euro PSN has the US version of Tomba! 2, so I want to grab it from there.  Might see was the Jp PSN has as well, maybe check out the PC Engine section just for kicks!  :D
You have to buy cards/codes from that region. Like a JP account is to be funded with a JP PSN card. Can buy them digitally and have the code e-mailed to you. I know Play-Asia has this option for JP, not sure about EUR and such.
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Damn, I'll have to do some more research.  I may have bought things off of the UK or Jp Amazon in the past, but it's been awhile.  I might be able to find a way to buy codes on those?
IMG

HailingTheThings

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 09/12/2014, 12:29 AMDamn, I'll have to do some more research.  I may have bought things off of the UK or Jp Amazon in the past, but it's been awhile.  I might be able to find a way to buy codes on those?
It looks like they have a digital ver. for each region on play-asia.com. Just gotta make an account with them if you don't already have one. Then once you buy it, the code will be displayed in your account on their site in your transactions or something like that. Been a little while since I've done it.

They're at the bottom of the page:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/19-71-99-15-psn+card.html  Hope this helps.
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 09/12/2014, 02:25 AM
Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 09/12/2014, 12:29 AMDamn, I'll have to do some more research.  I may have bought things off of the UK or Jp Amazon in the past, but it's been awhile.  I might be able to find a way to buy codes on those?
It looks like they have a digital ver. for each region on play-asia.com. Just gotta make an account with them if you don't already have one. Then once you buy it, the code will be displayed in your account on their site in your transactions or something like that. Been a little while since I've done it.

They're at the bottom of the page:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/19-71-99-15-psn+card.html  Hope this helps.
Sweet, thanks! I think I do have an account with Play Asia, or maybe it was Yes Asia, or both, but it's been awhile!
IMG