@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Flea Market Fun

Started by Medic_wheat, 09/15/2014, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic_wheat

Something Something Darkside.......

Well I found myself at another flea market and its been awhile since I posted any thing new here so here we go! 😆

I walked into this one sellers shop. He had alot of interesting things. Wanted to be called "Smoking Joe" and was very proud of his wears. Had a poster sized framed picture of him and Jay Leno where he claimed to have sold him a large collection of Poursh car collectables. I have doubts but then again who knows. I did find it odd his prize picture was printed at such an exagerated level it was grany and pixelated to a point that it was distracting.

Some of the things he had that draw my eye like a Killer Clowns  from Outtetspace latex maskes. And really good ones. A he man Canadian only toy that I never had seen or knew about of some sort of Malboga looking purple dragon ish thing. Chrome Bender from Futurama.

IMGIMGIMGIMGIMG

IMG  Natzi Spider-Man!   

IMG

IMG  Bit my shiny metal 90% Chrome Ass.

IMG

IMG  only $5,000.00! 

IMG  $400 for the complete clean one $170 for the other. Star Wars Clone troop carrier.

IMG ebay is cheaper ....way way cheaper.

But for me most of all was a Gremlins Striped figure. He had a loose vintage possable one. Ruby eyed and cool. Wanted $300 😣  guy must ne mad as there is a loose one on ebay for $40 buy it now. Even pointed it out but he was firm. Ill probably biy the $40 one later in the week.

Except that wasn't the only Strip figure he had. No he also had one in a yellow shirt that read "I'm a Toys R Us Kid."  That one I really liked. Claimed it was "Rare" and recalled shorty due to parents not likeing it being sold as a source of devil worshiping.

IMG

Get this.  This gem goes for $600 in his eyes. Ihave been uunable to find anything to substantiate this figures pedigree but then again there isn't much to go one most Gremlins figures that I can find that isn't the more recent NECCA stuff.

This mind you was the first seller. Interesting collection but insain pricing. He had other things. Some LARGE gas powered radio controled plains. Sorry no pics and a large Micky Mouse that he got from some sort of clothing store for Disney. Pretty cool heavy metal and resin three foot full body figure.

But for me I was off to see what else was there.   

Ran into a regular toy dealer. He has more things of note. A Gentle Giant Jumbo Kenner Alien,  Action GI Joe Helicopter figure, the jumbo Kajian Knife Head figure and the 8-bit retro Prediture figure from NECCA.

But I was drawn more to the odd ball babby Skelitor figure. So much so that he is holding on to it for me to but next month.

IMGIMG

I ended up buying a few Sega Saturn games and a repro of the early bird display for the vintage Starwars Kenner figures and two game cube games. and got off "cheap" at only $45 dollars spent.

I'll be sure to post my pick ups tomorrow as I didn't take pictures and my wife is asleep.

Anyone else have a weekend out in flea markets or thrift stores post. Share.

And if anyone knows more about that Toys R Us t shirt Gremlin let me know. Maybe he just stck a t shirt off a teddy bear and called it rare. But you have to admit its fun to look at lol

MrFulci

Cool photos.

That story about the gremlin, and the shirt. It doesn't seem realistic to me. He may have purchased that Gremlin like that, but I don't think so at a store. That shirt could squeeze over the gremlin, one ear at a time, removing the head, etc.

That Skeletor baby is goofy looking. I had to search for some information about it online. The packaging looks recent, so I was curious how recent. Appears to be from May of 2014? It was priced at $35 when new.

Seems like Mattel allowed a max purchase of 5 at a time, sold out, and now scalpers have them.

The Skeletor baby is goofy and all, $35 ain't a bad price for what it is, but selling now for $165, 3-4 months later?
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

Medic_wheat

Quote from: MrFulci on 09/15/2014, 01:13 AMCool photos.

That story about the gremlin, and the shirt. It doesn't seem realistic to me. He may have purchased that Gremlin like that, but I don't think so at a store. That shirt could squeeze over the gremlin, one ear at a time, removing the head, etc.

That Skeletor baby is goofy looking. I had to search for some information about it online. The packaging looks recent, so I was curious how recent. Appears to be from May of 2014? It was priced at $35 when new.

Seems like Mattel allowed a max purchase of 5 at a time, sold out, and now scalpers have them.

The Skeletor baby is goofy and all, $35 ain't a bad price for what it is, but selling now for $165, 3-4 months later?
Yeah I did the same when I saw it. The guy is asking $100 even as he has been unable to sell it. I am tempted to ask next month if he will do $80. I see what the asking price on ebay is but I don't think they are selling at that price.

What can I say I always seem to be interested in the bizarre.

Psycho Punch

What's with old item collectors and nazism.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest lpic=17680.msg371372#msg371372 date=1410761934What's with old item collectors and nazism.
I do not know. Seems more like a flea market thing to me.

A seller next door to him who sells army surplus stuff took the natzi helmet with light banter between the two sellers. The toy guy then goes to the back room pulles out a rice farmer hat saying you just made Spidy the bad guy now. He is the enemy he is Vietcan now.

Weirdest exchange of dialog ever

mitsuman

This looks like a mean looking Huey from Bonk's Adventure.

HailingTheThings

That Skeletor Skelly-Babba is awesome, but not so awesome that I'd pay the current going rate.
IMG

cr8zykuban0

with creepy clown masks like that, i'd probably stay the fuck away from that place lol

Medic_wheat

cr8zykuban0

awesome score medic! gotta love the bust a move series! so much fun