PC Engine Collections

Started by cozzie, 06/18/2006, 11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatsujin

My Magical Chase combo:

/magicalchasealleu9.jpg

:)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

shubibiman

Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

esteban

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/19/2007, 08:12 AMmy macgical chase combo:
Wait! There is a Gameboy Magical Chase? Holy crap, why haven't we heard of that before? Or have we?

IIRC, wasn't there some obscure PC (computer) version of Magical Chase as well, with Redbook audio? Or, if that's not correct, wasn't there some obscure Magical Chase soundtrack promo for the PC (computer) version?

Crap, I remember somebody talking about this 2-3 years ago. Maybe it wasn't pertaining to Magical Chase...

EDIT: WTF? CrackTiger, I just saw your videos on YouTube. I guess I totally missed the discussion about Gameboy Magical Chase that may have taken place here recently? Damn!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Turbo D

That is one superb purchase  =D&gt;
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Tatsujin

yes..there is a PC version of MC out. but didn't seen it to buy yet.

the GBC version is pretty good. may be the best shmups on the system (technical wise).
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

GUTS

I always kick myself for not buying Magical Chase GBC for $50 years ago when Wolfgames had it.  Now I think its like 3 times that if you can even find it.

CrackTiger

Quote from: GUTS on 08/19/2007, 01:28 PMI always kick myself for not buying Magical Chase GBC for $50 years ago when Wolfgames had it.  Now I think its like 3 times that if you can even find it.
The only time I've ever seen it for sale was when 16-bit had it on eBay. I couldn't afford to buy it right away for close to $100, but was lucky enough to get it for $75 by the time I had the cash. To me, its the most valuable of the three versions, since its rarer than the Turbo game.

Its also nearly identical, with only resized sprites and less color. It actually has most of the layered bgs which were supposed to impossible even on PC Engine. I've got a GBC/PCE comparison in the works, but its still a few spaces down the list behind some more important projects I need to finish.

IMG

I've read about a runour computer version before, but have never seen anything about it online, so I assume it was never made.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

nat

Tatsujin, why do you have two copies of the PCE version of Magical Chase?
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

CrackTiger

Quote from: nat on 08/19/2007, 02:14 PMTatsujin, why do you have two copies of the PCE version of Magical Chase?
One is the PC Engine Fan version and one is the regular version. Its just a publishing thing, the actual game itself is the same and they're both about equally as rare and valuable.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keranu

Thanks for posting the box art of the GBC version of Magical Chase guys - it looks really cool! Love that cartridge as well!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

esteban

Hey CrackTiger, I remember someone posting a picture of a Magical Chase CD (CD-ROM or Audio CD music sampler, I can't recall), but I forget which forum it was on (it might have been one of the old "Turbo Boards" that Runin, GUTS and others are familiar with).

Anyway, I'm not sure what it was, but I'd just love to see it again, even if it is as authentic as Strider SuperGrafx HuCards :).

Also, you kick ass with all of the projects you're working on. I still haven't seen all of the stuff you've done, but the Magical Chase comparison sounds awesome. Keep on rockin' :).

Tatsujin

Quote from: esteban on 08/19/2007, 04:27 PMHey CrackTiger, I remember someone posting a picture of a Magical Chase CD (CD-ROM or Audio CD music sampler, I can't recall), but I forget which forum it was on (it might have been one of the old "Turbo Boards" that Runin, GUTS and others are familiar with).
as i said, there exist a JPN Windows version of MC. may be it was one of those. like to have one as well :)

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/20/2006, 09:15 PMsome of my soft after moving the flat :messie:  :)
/pce16er.jpg

some stuff snaped on the 1st swiss pce offline back in '04:
/offlinecoolsw9ul.jpg

momotaro HuCard & CD sleeve folder
/momotarocase17nu.jpg

just bought a mint copy of bazaaru de gozaaru no geemu de gozaaru :drunken: :oops:
/bazaaru6nk.jpg

Hudson Vol. 1~61 (minus 28/46) complete (pix picked from hudson.co.jp):
IMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMG /R-TYPE2.jpg IMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMG /PCGenjin.jpg IMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMG /JackyChenPC.jpg IMG /AdventureIsland.jpg IMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMG

H.R. Giger signed necromancer:
/necrogiger3vs.jpg

thanx tatsujin :)
Woooooooooooooooooow  :shock:

4 Sapphires, 2 Slyphias, and Necromancer signed by Giger?!?!?!

You sir are a very lucky man. Have you been collecting PC Engine stuff for years?

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 08/20/2007, 07:02 PMWoooooooooooooooooow  :shock:

4 Sapphires, 2 Slyphias, and Necromancer signed by Giger?!?!?!

You sir are a very lucky man. Have you been collecting PC Engine stuff for years?
uuhhh..sorry. no no. those aren't all my sapphires and sylphias (only one each out of them). that was a picture i snaped at our first and only one PC Engine Game night in swiss back in '04 :D

Keranu

Hey, Tatsujin: I think you kinda look like the monkey on the cover of that game in this pic!  :mrgreen:

/bazaaru6nk.jpg
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Turbo D

:o wow, he really does,  :lol:
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Tatsujin

yeah. that's sweet, isn't it :D

elnino

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/20/2007, 09:37 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/20/2007, 07:02 PMthat was a picture i snaped at our first and only one PC Engine Game night in swiss back in '04 :D
What a legendary event is was!!
www.pcedaisakusen.net
People said his brain was infected by devils!
PCE Shmupscountown: 109/110 (1to go)
PCエンジン - シューティングゲーム読み秒:109/110個 (1個余る)

esteban

Hey Tatsujin! What is the official title for the Giger piece used as coverart for Necromancer? I was trying to find the title, but I haven't gotten close (I wasn't able to find a lot of images, outside of Giger's most popular stuff).

An old friend of mine has lots of Giger books, but I don't know if / when he'll get back to me ...

I should point out that I am assuming that the artwork in question was not specifically commissioned by Hudson, but rather an existing work of Giger's that someone at Hudson liked.

Thanks in advance!

Keranu

Quote from: esteban on 08/21/2007, 11:58 AMHey Tatsujin! What is the official title for the Giger piece used as coverart for Necromancer? I was trying to find the title, but I haven't gotten close (I wasn't able to find a lot of images, outside of Giger's most popular stuff).
Yes! I've been wanting to know this for like the past year as well!
IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: Keranu on 08/21/2007, 03:44 PM
Quote from: esteban on 08/21/2007, 11:58 AMHey Tatsujin! What is the official title for the Giger piece used as coverart for Necromancer? I was trying to find the title, but I haven't gotten close (I wasn't able to find a lot of images, outside of Giger's most popular stuff).
sorry guys, no idea what's the name of it. but saw it once in an artbook i was leafing through in a bookstore back in swiss.

the sign-story:
when i handed over the game to mr. giger for signing it, he took it, investigated it and ask me "what kind of strange thing is that? i can't remember i ever did anything for such kind of business recently". then i refered to the date when the game was made. so he respond "oh, i see, i must have totally forgot about that, haha".

after he signed the manual, suddenly i had probably the best idea ever im my life. i liked to get a signed HuCard as well, and were a HuCard can be signed the best? haha!

but..

when he took the HuCard in his hand he respond "what shit piece of plastic is that? that's really unappealing to me, therefore i do not like to sign it, sorry!" :(

may be i should send him a copy of necromancer to his adress so he can exibit it in his museum in swiss (Gruyère) ;)

esteban

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/22/2007, 10:40 PM
Quote from: Keranu on 08/21/2007, 03:44 PM
sorry guys, no idea what's the name of it. but saw it once in an artbook i was leafing through in a bookstore back in swiss.

the sign-story:
when i handed over the game to mr. giger for signing it, he took it, investigated it and ask me "what kind of strange thing is that? i can't remember i ever did anything for such kind of business recently". then i refered to the date when the game was made. so he respond "oh, i see, i must have totally forget about that, haha".

after he signed the manual, suddenly i had probably the best idea ever im my life. i liked to get a signed HuCard as well, and were a HuCard can be signed the best? haha!

but..

when he took the HuCard in his hand he respond "what shit piece of plastic is that? that's really unappealing to me, therefore i do not like to sign it, sorry!" :(

may be i should send him a copy of necromancer to his adress so he can exibit it in his museum in swiss (Gruyère) ;)
Hey, thanks for all the info -- great story!

It's a shame he didn't sign the HuCard, but his reasoning for not signing it is certainly entertaining.

I am glad that you saw the Necromancer coverart in one of his books, that means that I will be able to find the title relatively easily (well, if my friend helps me, anyway).

Do you remember what year you saw it? This would help me eliminate any book / collection that has been published since then.

I think it would be awesome to send Giger a HuCard for the museum. I don't think it has been widely documented at Giger fansites.

Keranu

Haha, oh man that story is great but what a sad ending!
IMG

Tatsujin

huh..sorry but totally can't remember which artbook it was nor from which era it is. just leafed through some books which were lying around in the book store once.

but since the artwork is now at least 20years old, it may be could be found in one of his earlier (mid-era) books. but most pobably it could be in his book Necronomicon (ISBN 3855910197), since it only handles about this theme.

or how to send a copy of the cover to the email on the offical page and ask for it? :)

Turbo D

IMG IMG
IMG

Tatsujin

there is an other story when Giger once game to our town for signing books and goods. it was about in the year 1993, at the time when Alien 3 came out for the SFC/SNES. coz my friend didn't have any stuff from Giger to sign, he decided to let him sign a german video game magazine (called "Video Games"), which a picture of Alien 3 was shown on the front page.

after my friend gave it to Giger, he was leafing throug the mag and saw the ingame pictures, after a few seconds he shaked his head and said:"what in god's name those people just do with my creatures nowadays??" then he signed the title page and gave it back to my friend.

haha

esteban

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/23/2007, 02:31 AMthere is an other story when Giger once game to our town for signing books and goods. it was about in the year 1993, at the time when Alien 3 came out for the SFC/SNES. coz my friend didn't have any stuff from Giger to sign, he decided to let him sign a german video game magazine (called "Video Games"), which a picture of Alien 3 was shown on the front page.

after my friend gave it to Giger, he was leafing throug the mag and saw the ingame pictures, after a few seconds he shaked his head and said:"what in god's name those people just do with my creatures nowadays??" then he signed the title page and gave it back to my friend.

haha
It must be pretty crazy for him to see how much his work has entered pop art / pop culture. I imagine that from his perspective, his work has been diluted and cheapened and exploited.

Personally, I'd love to reach a point where I could lament the fact that people were bastardizing my art! :)

And, Tatsujin, I think you had a great idea: I should send the Necromancer coverart to a Giger fansite and ask them to identify it for me. Thanks!

Keranu

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/23/2007, 02:31 AMthere is an other story when Giger once game to our town for signing books and goods. it was about in the year 1993, at the time when Alien 3 came out for the SFC/SNES. coz my friend didn't have any stuff from Giger to sign, he decided to let him sign a german video game magazine (called "Video Games"), which a picture of Alien 3 was shown on the front page.

haha
Hahaha, thanks for sharing another great story! I guess Giger really doesn't like his works to be related to video games!
IMG

Tatsujin

i think he's just done with all those who wants to make cash with his creations after and after again, and sometime i believe, even without his notice and agreements. may be giger's advocacy wasn't the best back in the days. after the production of species 1 was done, he also abandon any connections to hollywood. too many times he's gotten disappointed by those who think they can make it better than himself or didn't let him work as he'd liked to do.

GUTS

Giger sounds cool as shit, except for dissing on hucards.  It must be awesome to have created basically the most iconic movie creature of all time.

TR0N

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/23/2007, 08:33 PMi think he's just done with all those who wants to make cash with his creations after and after again, and sometime i believe, even without his notice and agreements. may be giger's advocacy wasn't the best back in the days. after the production of species 1 was done, he also abandon any connections to hollywood. too many times he's gotten disappointed by those who think they can make it better than himself or didn't let him work as he'd liked to do.
Kind of a shame realy, but i don't blame him it's not fun... when you don't have controll over what you create.

When.. i was watching the behind scenes disc for alien 3 from the alien quadrilogy boxset.

Giger made the comment that he was disapointed.That the studio didn't realy work with, him on how design went for the alien in alien 3.

Still fox has done it's job by runining the alien serise all ready  :P
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

the problem is, that all his job-oriented works and its rights where given away to its client (e.g Alien to FOX), therefore they can do with those creatures what they want and how long they want (e.g. > figures, video games, merchandise and and and), without needing to ask or even pay something to its creator (ok, i'm not aware of the exact contract terms, but i think it works kind like that).
that's/was may be his problem of how to manage business, but in the other hand it was his own desicion as well as the big chance to earn the glory, back then and still today.

ApolloBoy

A list of my small PCE/TG-16 collection:

*Region modded PC Engine Duo (thanks D-Lite!)
*TG-16 (in the process of selling this since it's now redundant)
*Alien Crush (TG-16)
*Bloody Wolf (TG-16)
*Bonk's Adventure
*Bonk's Revenge
*Davis Cup Tennis (SCD)
*F-1 Circus
*Final Lap Twin (TG-16)
*JJ & Jeff
*Keith Courage in Alpha Zones
*Legendary Axe
*Ninja Spirit
*R-Type
*Sidearms (TG-16)
*Space Harrier (TG-16)
*Vigilante (TG-16)
*World Class Baseball
IMG

Turbo D

IMG IMG
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: ApolloBoy on 08/24/2007, 06:15 AMA list of my small PCE/TG-16 collection:

*Region modded PC Engine Duo (thanks D-Lite!)
*TG-16 (in the process of selling this since it's now redundant)
*Alien Crush (TG-16)
*Bloody Wolf (TG-16)
*Bonk's Adventure
*Bonk's Revenge
*Davis Cup Tennis (SCD)
*F-1 Circus
*Final Lap Twin (TG-16)
*JJ & Jeff
*Keith Courage in Alpha Zones
*Legendary Axe
*Ninja Spirit
*R-Type
*Sidearms (TG-16)
*Space Harrier (TG-16)
*Vigilante (TG-16)
*World Class Baseball
Nice start, very TG16-ish, which is a good thing in my opinion. I love those early TG16 games.
IMG

Tatsujin

bought some minor fill up stuff at the weekend and could finish up following HuCard series:

Namcot:
x Chibi Maruko-chan Quiz De Pihyara
x Chozetsu Rinjin Beraboman
x Dragon Saber
x Dragon Spirit
x Final Blaster
x Final Lap Twin
x Märchen Maze
x Obocchama Kun
x Pro Tennis World Court
x Pro Yakyuu World Stadium
x Pro Yakyuu World Stadium '91
x Barunba
x Galaga '88
x Genpei Toumaden
x Genpei Toumaden Kannoni
x Pac Land
x Valkyrie No Densetsu
x Wonder Momo
x World Circuit
x World Jockey
x Xevious
x Youkai Dochuki
x Tower of Druaga (The)
x Ordyne
x Splatterhouse

Taito:
x Bari Bari Densetsu
x Cadash
x Champion Wrestler
x Chase H. Q.
x Don Doko Don
x Gokuraku Chuka Taisen
x Hana Tahka Daka
x Heavy Unit
x Hit The Ice
x Jigoku Meguri
x Kiki Kaikai
x Kyuukyoku Tiger
x Mizubaku Dai Bouken
x New Zealand Story (The)
x Ninja Warriors
x Parasol Stars
x Puzznic
x Rastan Saga II
x S.C.I. - Special Criminal Investigation
x Space Invaders Fukkatsu No Hi
x Tatsujin
x Volfied

Naxat:
x 1943 Kai
x Alien Crush
x Break In
x Bubblegum Crash
x Burning Angel
x Chikudenya Toubee
x Coryoon
x Devil Crash
x Digital Champ
x Double Ring
x Eternal City Toshi Tenso Keikaku
x Hot Blood High School Dodgeball
x Hot Blood High School Soccer
x Makai Prince Dorabo-chan
x Naxat Open
x Naxat Stadium
x Paranoia
x Psycho Chaser
x Titan
x Tsuppari Ozuma Heiseiban

NEC avenue:
x Jû Ou Ki (Altered Beast)
x F1 Dream
x Fantasy Zone
x Sidearms (Hyperdyne)
x Space Harrier
x After Burner II
x Daisenpu
x Download
x Morita Shogi PC
x Operation Wolf
x Out Run
x Son Son II
x Thunder Blade

NCS:
x Double Dungeons
x Dragon Egg!
x Energy
x Gai Flame
x Ganbare! Golf Boys
x Hisou Kihei Serd (Gai Shadow)
x Kaizou Ningen Shubibinman
x Kaizou Ningen Shubibinman 2
x Kickball
x Motoroader
x Motoroader 2
x Nazo No Mascarade
x Wallaby
x Gaia No Monsho

IREM:
x Image Fight
x Legend Of Hero Tonma 
x Gekisha boi 
x Mister Heli No Dai Bouken 
x Saigou no nindou (Ninja Spirit)
x Reeshingu tamashii (Racing Spirits)
x Vigilante

UPL:
x Atomic Robo-Kid Special
x Gomola Speed
x Mahjong Haoden Kaiser's Quest

Hudson Vol. 1~61
1 The Kung Fu
2 Bikkuriman World
3 Victory Run
4 Shanghai
5 Jaseikin Necromancer
6 Kato & Ken Chan
7 R-Type I
8 Yuu Yuu Jinsei
9 R-Type II
10 Sengoku Mahjong
11 Power League
12 Majin Eiyu Wataru
13 Appare Gateball
14 Sadakichi Seven Hideyoshi No Ougon
15 Dungeon Explorer
16 Nectaris
17 Susano O Densetsu
18 Power Golf
19 Gunhed
20 Power League 2
21 Super Momo Tarou Dentetsu
22 Doraemon Meikyu Daisakusen
23 Neutopia
24 PC Genjin
25 Blodia
27 Maniac Pro Wrestling
28 Be Ball
29 Momo Tarou Densetsu Turbo
30 Super Star Soldier
31 Power League 3
32 Momo Tarou Katsu Geki
33 Aero Blasters
34 Bomberman
35 Momo Tarou Densetsu II
36 Jackie Chan Action Kung Fu
37 Populous
38 Adventure Island
39 Power Eleven
40 Final Soldier
41 PC Genjin 2
42 Power League 4
43 Neutopia II
44 Raiden
45 Super Momo Tarou Dentetsu II
46 Doraemon Nobita No Dorabian Night
47 Ninja Gaiden
49 Takahashi Meijin No Shin Bouken Jima
50 Soldier Blade
51 Power League 5
52 Honou No Toukyuu-ji Dozzi Danpei
53 Power Sports
54 PC Denjin
55 Momo Tarou Densetsu Gaiden
56 Bomberman 93
57 Battle Lode Runner  
58 PC Genjin 3
59 Power Tennis
60 Power League 93
61 Bomberman 94

Turbo D

:o dude, you bought all that in one weekend? You must be rich!
IMG IMG
IMG

shubibiman

Or may be in Japan, I guess ;)
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Turbo D

I think he lives in Germany. Still is a lot of games.
IMG IMG
IMG

Tatsujin

no guys, no. you didn't understand me correct. i had some gaps in some of each makers Hucards series. so last weekend i walked straight up to the town to fill up those gaps.

the listened games are those which i fully cleared up till today :)

may be there are some others in all my stuff, but which i'm not aware yet. need to make a invetory somedays^^

Tatsujin

my todays new entrant:

/bm93svyk1.jpg

Turbo D

IMG IMG
IMG

elnino

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/02/2007, 06:44 AMmy todays new entrant:
bombaman '93 supesharu
Got it the other day, too! IMG
www.pcedaisakusen.net

Tatsujin

Quote from: elnino on 10/02/2007, 07:53 AM
bombaman '93 supesharu
you may be already paid  for it, but didn't get it yet, as i'm right? IMG

:mrgreen:

elnino

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/02/2007, 08:00 AM
Quote from: elnino on 10/02/2007, 07:53 AM
bombaman '93 supesharu
you may be already paid  for it, but didn't get it yet, as i'm right? IMG
Since I've already paid I'm obviously teh pwner of the game. :-({|=
But you're right, it's still on its way to my mailbox. Well then, in the meantime I guess I'm playing a little with these little stinkers here.
www.pcedaisakusen.net

Tatsujin

btw, here my hibaihin collection upt to date:

/pcehibaihinuh9.jpg

nat

What makes that Bomberman '93 "special"?
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

nectarsis

I was actually wondering that myself...BTW what are the top 2 games above all those specials??
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

NecroPhile

Quote from: nat on 10/02/2007, 10:52 AMWhat makes that Bomberman '93 "special"?
I believe that it's multi-player only.

Quote from: nectarsis on 10/02/2007, 10:58 AMI was actually wondering that myself...BTW what are the top 2 games above all those specials??
Promotional SCD re-release of Tengai Makyou - Ziria and Deden No Den (promotional release of bomberman with Far East of Eden characters).

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Ceti Alpha

Uhmmm...I'm utterly speechless. Tatsujin's collection is spell binding to say the least.  =P~
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"