PC Engine Memories: Best Of Japan box set...

Started by ElSeven, 09/20/2014, 04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Courage

How is this legal? Does he have permission from the original companies that made these games?

I'm still tempted to get some. Just baffles me that he hasn't been shut down.

Hopefully these discs are made from real game discs and not rips found online. I wouldn't be happy with downgraded audio tracks.

esteban

Quote from: Keith Courage on 10/27/2014, 09:45 PMHow is this legal? Does he have permission from the original companies that made these games?

I'm still tempted to get some. Just baffles me that he hasn't been shut down.

Hopefully these discs are made from real game discs and not rips found online. I wouldn't be happy with downgraded audio tracks.
Not legal.

Just under the radar.

If any of the IP owners thought this was a threat, they'd do something...but who owns the IP now?

And how many of these will be sold? A few hundred, max?

I'm not condoning it.

GOLD COIN.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

jlued686

The more I think about it, the more bizarre I think it is. I mean, essentially he's marketing it as a "collector's"edition" of bootlegs. Numbered, gold coin, concept art, etc. Are we going to start seeing eBay gouging for these things?

"OMG RARE! BOOTLEG BOXED SET! #52 OF ONLY 150 EVER MADE! L@@K!"

reno5

Quote from: guest on 10/28/2014, 11:07 AMThe more I think about it, the more bizarre I think it is. I mean, essentially he's marketing it as a "collector's"edition" of bootlegs. Numbered, gold coin, concept art, etc. Are we going to start seeing eBay gouging for these things?

"OMG RARE! BOOTLEG BOXED SET! #52 OF ONLY 150 EVER MADE! L@@K!"
That's exactly what will happen.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/13/2014, 11:39 AM
Quote from: schweaty on 10/11/2014, 09:45 AMI believe that when most people say "it isnt worth the money" what they are really saying is "from a strictly gameplay standpoint, there just isnt enough game there to justify the expenditure".  a collector may be willing to overlook a bad game just for the rarety/collectibility of a game, but i dont care about them.  this is a TG16/PCE GAMERS forum, not a collectors forum.  Collectors and their subjective definitions of "worth" can go somewhere else.
Bullshit; most everyone here is a collector, at least in part.  If all we cared about were playing games, we'd have nothing but an everdrive and a pile of CDRs.
Most (many? some? a few?) of us collect games we want to play, rather than some shiny piece of shit. That's the difference inherent in schweaty's argument that you failed to grasp.

Lochlan

Quote from: guest on 10/28/2014, 11:31 AMMost (many? some? a few?) of us collect games we want to play, rather than some shiny piece of shit. That's the difference inherent in schweaty's argument that you failed to grasp.
Eh?  What Necromancer said, and you failed to grasp, is that if you want to play you don't need to collect anything at all.

I'll never understand the worldview of "I buy games to play them".  At this point the acquisition of vintage game media can be completely separated from actually playing the games.  Everdrives and CDRs can provide all the games on the platform.
Quote from: ridgewood_general_store_1 on 08/15/2014, 11:12 AMI'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

geise

Quote from: Lochlan on 10/28/2014, 02:49 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/28/2014, 11:31 AMMost (many? some? a few?) of us collect games we want to play, rather than some shiny piece of shit. That's the difference inherent in schweaty's argument that you failed to grasp.
Eh?  What Necromancer said, and you failed to grasp, is that if you want to play you don't need to collect anything at all.

I'll never understand the worldview of "I buy games to play them".  At this point the acquisition of vintage game media can be completely separated from actually playing the games.  Everdrives and CDRs can provide all the games on the platform.
Not true for me.  If I have a cdr of a game that I am playing it kinda makes me feel like I'm using roms on an emulator.  Sort of gives me an empty feeling cause I know I don't technically own it.  Same goes for an everdrive.

Lochlan

Quote from: geise on 10/28/2014, 03:30 PMNot true for me.  If I have a cdr of a game that I am playing it kinda makes me feel like I'm using roms on an emulator.  Sort of gives me an empty feeling cause I know I don't technically own it.  Same goes for an everdrive. 
I wrote a post about this a while back if you're curious (I have already linked it in this thread, but here it is again) that briefly addresses this ("some people can't enjoy ROMS for various reasons"): https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=17248.msg357769#msg357769)

I totally know exactly what you mean, I have a similar issue.  Being paralyzed by choice is part of my problem when seeing a million ROMs on my everdrive.  I've heard of other people feeling the same way.  But it's a personal problem that is possible to overcome and has nothing to do with the availability of the game for you to play.  There are lots of people who don't have this issue, too.

Responding to "just play a ROM" with "I can't, it doesn't feel the same to me!" is not unreasonable, but is hardly a refutation of the point that you don't have to own the game to play it.
Quote from: ridgewood_general_store_1 on 08/15/2014, 11:12 AMI'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

Nighttrate

Quote from: Lochlan on 10/28/2014, 04:17 PM
Quote from: geise on 10/28/2014, 03:30 PMNot true for me.  If I have a cdr of a game that I am playing it kinda makes me feel like I'm using roms on an emulator.  Sort of gives me an empty feeling cause I know I don't technically own it.  Same goes for an everdrive. 
I wrote a post about this a while back if you're curious (I have already linked it in this thread, but here it is again) that briefly addresses this ("some people can't enjoy ROMS for various reasons"): https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=17248.msg357769#msg357769)

I totally know exactly what you mean, I have a similar issue.  Being paralyzed by choice is part of my problem when seeing a million ROMs on my everdrive.  I've heard of other people feeling the same way.  But it's a personal problem that is possible to overcome and has nothing to do with the availability of the game for you to play.  There are lots of people who don't have this issue, too.

Responding to "just play a ROM" with "I can't, it doesn't feel the same to me!" is not unreasonable, but is hardly a refutation of the point that you don't have to own the game to play it.

When you went to the arcade you didn't own the game then, but you still put your money in & played it happily & the was plenty of choose there too.

rcantor77

Quote from: Nighttrate on 10/31/2014, 05:07 PM
Quote from: Lochlan on 10/28/2014, 04:17 PM

When you went to the arcade you didn't own the game then, but you still put your money in & played it happily & the was plenty of choose there too.
...and back then, it was probably a chinese boot you were playing.
PC-Engine.co.uk - definitive hardware listing for all PC Engine and Turbo Grafx systems.

xcrement5x

Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CrackTiger

What's the point of putting a <1meg HuCard demo on CD unless they hacked in redbook arranged music and some kind of cinematics?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

jtucci31

Yeah I agree, the Gunhed, and Bomberman releases seem really really pointless.

I give it a week before pictures of these on some guy's living room floor start popping up on the Facebook groups.

roflmao

Quote from: guest on 10/19/2016, 04:03 PMDon't forget more "limited edition" coins...

IMG
While pirating games for profit is pretty crummy, especially when it directly affects this community, those Star Parodier coins are pretty slick. I'm not going to try to get one from the guy, but if I saw one of those at a video game shop or something, I'd totally geek out over it.

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

ginoscope

That comic was epic a good laugh to start the day.  Well played sir :D

roflmao

NecroPhile

Psycho Punch

Quote from: NecroPhile on 11/16/2016, 10:43 AMHeh, Johnny Turbias butt rape.
I added nothing that wasn't implied in the original Johnny Turbo comic... :lol:
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

csgx1

PukeSter

Always wondered this...

PCEWorks made a standalone version of Force Gear (Caravan shooter) from Tokimeki Memorial. Is it possible to find an ISO of this online?

esteban

Quote from: guest on 11/16/2016, 08:48 PMAlways wondered this...

PCEWorks made a standalone version of Force Gear (Caravan shooter) from Tokimeki Memorial. Is it possible to find an ISO of this online?
I know. I want to play Force Gear. I don't want to play Tokimeki Memorial.

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

NecroPhile

Same here.  Surely someone's has ripped 'em (and Cychorider too, even though it's easily accessed from the title screen).

gojira1954

and a Twin Bee Returns ISO ;)
Shameless piracy of shameless pirates has got to be legit?!?

Sarumaru

peeps prolly woulda shared this stuf here a while ago if it wasnt for that ISO rule around these parts. Jus saiyannn  O:)

sirhcman

Quote from: Sarumaru on 11/17/2016, 12:33 PMpeeps prolly woulda shared this stuf here a while ago if it wasnt for that ISO rule around these parts. Jus saiyannn  O:)
I can't wait to pirate Henshin Engine ISO once I finally get my copy! -"For the Love"

NecroPhile

Quote from: Sarumaru on 11/17/2016, 12:33 PMpeeps prolly woulda shared this stuf here a while ago if it wasnt for that ISO rule around these parts. Jus saiyannn  O:)
There's no shortage of peeps sharing ISOs and ROMs, it's just not public.

gojira1954

Not those cut n shut releases tho. Maybe because no one has actually bought any lol