OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Anyone here have any original cover artwork?

Started by Buyatari, 09/23/2014, 01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buyatari

IMG

Here is Shape Shifter. Does anyone here know of any others in private hands?

HailingTheThings

Kinda wondered about that sort of thing for a while. What I'd be more interested in would interviews with some of the artists responsible.
IMG

CrackTiger

So, TTi paid the artist to meticulously recreate their digital logo of the game in the cover art and then still slapped the digital one on top any way? :P

The only original cover art I have is the paintings from the front and back covers of Mysterious Song, and the rough sketches and clean line drawings of the characters and the logo, which I actually had to draw by hand based on the title screen.

IMG

IMG

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esteban

Quote from: Buyatari on 09/23/2014, 01:53 PMIMG

Here is Shape Shifter. Does anyone here know of any others in private hands?
I love it.  :pcgs:

I don't have any original art, and probably never will.

Feel free or send some to me, I will hang it in my little corner of the room where my desk is.

I'm serious. I'll pay shipping.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

jordan_hillman

If I could get my hands on one, I would love to hang a really ridiculous original cover artwork in my office area.

I'd hang an original Tricky Kick cover artwork in my office with pride!!
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

esteban

Quote from: jordan_hillman on 09/25/2014, 08:15 PMIf I could get my hands on one, I would love to hang a really ridiculous original cover artwork in my office area.

Since I've long-advocated on behalf of the North American coverart, I feel like it is my destiny to hang all of it in my home.

The problem, of course, is obtaining it. I already have the frames picked out.

jordan_hillman

Quote from: esteban on 09/25/2014, 08:25 PM
Quote from: jordan_hillman on 09/25/2014, 08:15 PMIf I could get my hands on one, I would love to hang a really ridiculous original cover artwork in my office area.

Since I've long-advocated on behalf of the North American coverart, I feel like it is my destiny to hang all of it in my home.

The problem, of course, is obtaining it. I already have the frames picked out.
photobucket .com/user/xihatexsx
/fram_ital17thclg.gif

Definitely going with an authentic 17th century frame carved of silver leaf myself. Nothing but the best for my lovelies.

But on the real, I sincerely love me some US TG cover art. Are they objectively crap? Yes. Are they subjectively awesome and totally unique to everything else out there? You bet your ass!
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

esteban

Buyatari

No other originals exist?
It is a shame.

esteban

Quote from: Buyatari on 10/12/2014, 04:28 PMNo other originals exist?
It is a shame.
Dude, you can't tease us. Tell us about the ShapeShifter art. And anything else Turbo-related.

Damn.

PCEngineFX

I own a selection of original film transfers that Steve from TTi gave me before closing up shop.  These were used to create all of the print ads/manual/box/etc.  Here is LoT:

IMG
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 11/08/2014, 05:34 PMI own a selection of original film transfers that Steve from TTi gave me before closing up shop.  These were used to create all of the print ads/manual/box/etc.  Here is LoT:

IMG
Woah. Things need to be made again from these. Yes. *cough (bootleg t-shirts) cough*
IMG

PCEngineFX

Here is the original artwork for the Dungeon Slayer map.

IMG

One of these days I'll get these scanned in high-res for doing something fun with them....
IMG
IMG

Phase

wow very cool,
I was actually thinking of doing the dragon slayer map but since you have an original I'll leave it to you,
Also for my cover project stuff I was looking for the lot cover like that since the original cover has too many logos on it
then i was going to put the title from the poster style on it (metal airbrush looking style) instead of the pixelated one thats on the original.

out of curiosity what are the sizes of those and what are they printed on?
thats just awesome that someone has these

schnuth

Those are some amazing pieces. The only piece of original art I have that is video game related is a cover to Playstation Magazine (PSM) for a Tekken 3 cover story.

PCEngineFX

Quote from: Phase on 11/10/2014, 03:25 PMwow very cool,
I was actually thinking of doing the dragon slayer map but since you have an original I'll leave it to you,
Also for my cover project stuff I was looking for the lot cover like that since the original cover has too many logos on it
then i was going to put the title from the poster style on it (metal airbrush looking style) instead of the pixelated one thats on the original.

out of curiosity what are the sizes of those and what are they printed on?
thats just awesome that someone has these
So after NEC of Japan had these pieces drawn for them by the artists, they mastered them onto these original Fuji Pro Color film prints for both the JPN and US NEC/TTi marketing teams.  The Dragon Slayer map and Lords of Thunder prints are the largest in my collection (about 4x5 inches for the map).

I really should one day get all of these professionally framed....right now they are all in a zip lock bag :|
IMG
IMG

Otaking

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 11/08/2014, 05:34 PMI own a selection of original film transfers that Steve from TTi gave me before closing up shop.  These were used to create all of the print ads/manual/box/etc.  Here is LoT:
IMG
Stunning piece of artwork from the master Masamune Shirow.
I've always wanted a poster of this (and also Soldier Blade) more than any other game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.