Twin Peaks to return in 2017

Started by TR0N, 10/08/2014, 07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR0N

I was all ways bitter the show ended in a cliffhanger.Now this was announced all of a sudden  :shock:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/06/twin-peaks-showtime_n_5939736.html

I need to keep my expectations low,since the actors in it have aged and some have passed away as well.Still David Lynch and Mark Frost will be working on it so it's happening again.
A special TWIN PEAKS announcement
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Opethian

did any of you get the twin peaks bluray? I did and the deleted scenes are awesome!

ill actually have showtime for 2 years so ill check it out.
IMG

NecroPhile

I'm looking forward to this.  I'm kinda wary of it being a continuation (so much time has passed), but at least it's not a "reboot" that has nothing to do with the original other than the name.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

DragonmasterDan

I actually just watched the series in the past year.

I love the tone of the show and it works really well, up until "The reveal" which I found to be "Scooby Doo-like" and a big disappointment. With that said, I am looking forward to seeing where they go with a continuation.
--DragonmasterDan

jlued686

Dan, did you watch Fire Walk With Me? If not, make sure you do.

Back to the revival, didn't Laura Palmer say something to Agent Cooper about coming back in 25 years? I seem to remember something about that. If so, cool that they're following through.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 10/08/2014, 02:53 PMDan, did you watch Fire Walk With Me? If not, make sure you do.

Back to the revival, didn't Laura Palmer say something to Agent Cooper about coming back in 25 years? I seem to remember something about that. If so, cool that they're following through.
Yeah, I liked Fire Walk With Me.

Even folks who never watched the TV series can enjoy that film, IMHO, to get a taste of Twin Peaks.

I honestly don't know what to expect from the new series, though.

Everything is relative, and what was "groundbreaking" and awesome from the original series (on mainstream TV)...well, I am afraid that Lynch & Co. Might try TOO HARD to shock contemporary audiences (who have become a bit jaded).

I don't know, I really hope this works out and doesn't stain my overall feelings toward Lynch and Twin Peaks.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 10/08/2014, 02:53 PMDan, did you watch Fire Walk With Me? If not, make sure you do.

I did not see it. I may track it down.
--DragonmasterDan

jlued686

You really should. It ties up a lot of loose ends from the series. Plus, like Esteban said, it's a really good movie in its own right.

wildfruit

I wish there was an x files continuation

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: wildfruit on 10/09/2014, 03:58 AMI wish there was an x files continuation
There was also a post-series X-Files movie from 2006 or so.
--DragonmasterDan

wildfruit

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 10/09/2014, 09:12 AM
Quote from: wildfruit on 10/09/2014, 03:58 AMI wish there was an x files continuation
There was also a post-series X-Files movie from 2006 or so.
I need closure!

TR0N

IMG

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

I don't know...I don't know if this is going to be good...

Digi.k

wow nostalgia made me go back and re watched the first pilot the other day and now this!

blueraven

Woah. I have to go rewatch the series again now.

DragonmasterDan

Twin Peaks returns tomorrow.

I watched the original series and for the most part enjoyed it, but after the big reveal the show dropped off considerably. I still haven't watched Fire Walk with me or Missing Pieces but I'm excited that the show is coming back. Is anyone else here interested in it?
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 05/20/2017, 10:34 PMTwin Peaks returns tomorrow.

I watched the original series and for the most part enjoyed it, but after the big reveal the show dropped off considerably. I still haven't watched Fire Walk with me or Missing Pieces but I'm excited that the show is coming back. Is anyone else here interested in it?
So, I am glad you made this topic because I have been stuck waiting, waiting, waiting (in my car) and I needed something to distract me from the fact that "Don't worry, it will only be 20 minutes" turned into 40 minutes turned into 90 minutes turned into ________.

(Z) I don't have high expectations for new Twin Peaks. I would rather be surprised than get my hopes up. It is the safest thing to do.

(A) I never watched Missing Pieces.

(B) I agree that [no spoilers], at a certain point(s) in the original series, there was a *shift* (in tone/atmosphere) and once you lose that "eery" edge, it became harder to ignore that it was a soap opera (satire).

However, for the most part, I really enjoyed the original series. Those "shifts" in tone probably made things better, since it made me appreciate the creepy/disturbing undertones even more.

(C) I really, really liked Fire Walk With Me, but I don't know how it is perceived by most Twin Peaks fans... my friends (who also watched the TV series when it originally aired), had very mixed feelings about the film when it came out.

As a film, I think it stands on its own....it might even be better than the series (IMHO, probably I'm in the minority, I'm talking about the visuals, the acting, the atmosphere, the ability to experience things as one film instead of the story arcs/cliffhanger rhythm of a TV series...I saw Twin Peaks on TV and commercials and week-long gaps really "ruined" the atmosphere conjured up...relative to a well-made movie, that is. It might be a moot point now that folks can stream stuff).

I was already a fan of Blue Velvet by the time Fire Walk With Me came out, so TP/Fire Walk With Me seemed very "tame" in comparison, but I know some friends who wanted the film to "feel" more warm/cozy (you know what I mean...the good-hearted characters from the TV show)...something the TV series did really well (creating likeable, if goofy, warmth...but genuine, somehow).

(D) A year (or two?) ago I rewatched the Twin Peaks TV and it held up better than I thought it would. In fact, it was better than my original experience (no commercials this time). I never skipped the intro, even thought it gets repetitive when binge watching, because I always felt it did such a ridiculously awesome job of setting the mood and atmosphere for the original TV airing (this should be a topic itself--the function of opening credits for commercial TV shows). 

(T) TRIVIA: I never skip the opening credits for Trailer Park Boys...because the beautiful, idyllic opening music and scenes is a necessary contrast to the silly/chaotic content of each episode. I love/need the "balance" between the two.

(FWWM) If I had a damn signal out here, I'd start watching Fire Walk with Me and eat up all of my data for the month.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: esteban on 05/21/2017, 07:08 AMSo, I am glad you made this topic because I have been stuck waiting, waiting, waiting (in my car) and I needed something to distract me from the fact that "Don't worry, it will only be 20 minutes" turned into 40 minutes turned into 90 minutes turned into ________.

(Z) I don't have high expectations for new Twin Peaks. I would rather be surprised than get my hopes up. It is the safest thing to do.

(A) I never watched Missing Pieces.

(B) I agree that [no spoilers], at a certain point(s) in the original series, there was a *shift* (in tone/atmosphere) and once you lose that "eery" edge, it became harder to ignore that it was a soap opera (satire).

However, for the most part, I really enjoyed the original series. Those "shifts" in tone probably made things better, since it made me appreciate the creepy/disturbing undertones even more.

(C) I really, really liked Fire Walk With Me, but I don't know how it is perceived by most Twin Peaks fans... my friends (who also watched the TV series when it originally aired), had very mixed feelings about the film when it came out.

As a film, I think it stands on its own....it might even be better than the series (IMHO, probably I'm in the minority, I'm talking about the visuals, the acting, the atmosphere, the ability to experience things as one film instead of the story arcs/cliffhanger rhythm of a TV series...I saw Twin Peaks on TV and commercials and week-long gaps really "ruined" the atmosphere conjured up...relative to a well-made movie, that is. It might be a moot point now that folks can stream stuff).

I was already a fan of Blue Velvet by the time Fire Walk With Me came out, so TP/Fire Walk With Me seemed very "tame" in comparison, but I know some friends who wanted the film to "feel" more warm/cozy (you know what I mean...the good-hearted characters from the TV show)...something the TV series did really well (creating likeable, if goofy, warmth...but genuine, somehow).

(D) A year (or two?) ago I rewatched the Twin Peaks TV and it held up better than I thought it would. In fact, it was better than my original experience (no commercials this time). I never skipped the intro, even thought it gets repetitive when binge watching, because I always felt it did such a ridiculously awesome job of setting the mood and atmosphere for the original TV airing (this should be a topic itself--the function of opening credits for commercial TV shows). 

(T) TRIVIA: I never skip the opening credits for Trailer Park Boys...because the beautiful, idyllic opening music and scenes is a necessary contrast to the silly/chaotic content of each episode. I love/need the "balance" between the two.

(FWWM) If I had a damn signal out here, I'd start watching Fire Walk with Me and eat up all of my data for the month.
My expectations aren't sky high for the return but I think there's some potential there for it to be good.

I've had a Twin Peaks blu-ray containing the original series and both Fire Walk with me and Missing pieces in HD set sitting in my amazon cart for a few days now and I just haven't felt like pulling the trigger but I may.

I only first watched Twin Peaks maybe five years ago at the urging of an ex, and initially as expected the show had me hooked. Then came the reveal and the rest of it was kind of a chore to watch (except the last episode).

She also complained about fire walk with me being bad and told me to avoid it, and up to this point I have,
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

^ I think that if you like Lynch for more than Twin Peaks (not everyone is a fan of his movies), then you will be able to appreciate the movie. That's how I feel, anyway.

I think a lot of folks were disappointed with Fire Walk With Me because they were expecting something different (and I can't blame them, since they were only familiar with TV series).

YOU SHOULD WATCH IT.

Also, I enjoyed watching every episode of Twin Peaks...even the "lesser ones" were good compared to 99.99% of other crappagio out there (especially at the time it aired).

TR0N

Bump ! Well i just watched the new episode another murder and plenty of wtf moments.Any any one else watch it  ?
IMG

Galder

I just did. Loved it. Typical retro Twin Peaks, Lynch feeling. Quite brutal for a first episode. I will watch it a couple more times to manage to connect everything before the next one is out :mrgreen:

esteban

I just re-read my comments above...thankfully, they are consistent with this:

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=22287

I wish we could MERGE these threads.

Mods?

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

DragonmasterDan

I rewatched the last episode of the old series. I'm about to start the new one, my fingers are crossed.
--DragonmasterDan

DragonmasterDan

Update last night I watched the first two episodes. I'm very impressed so far.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 05/23/2017, 11:43 AMUpdate last night I watched the first two episodes. I'm very impressed so far.
I'll have to watch the final few episodes... then the new series!

Maybe this weekend I'll have time.

:)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: esteban on 05/23/2017, 05:09 PMI'll have to watch the final few episodes... then the new series!

Maybe this weekend I'll have time.

:)
You'll like it.
Slight spoiler below
[spoiler]Laura Palmer wasn't murdered, she died by eating soy substitutes for meat.[/spoiler]
--DragonmasterDan

blueraven

Apparently I can see all of this on Netflix. Engage.

TR0N

Quote from: blueraven on 06/24/2017, 12:37 AMApparently I can see all of this on Netflix. Engage.
Only for the original series if you want to watch the new season it's only on showtime .
IMG

blueraven

Quote from: TR0N on 06/24/2017, 03:58 AM
Quote from: blueraven on 06/24/2017, 12:37 AMApparently I can see all of this on Netflix. Engage.
Only for the original series if you want to watch the new season it's only on showtime .
Yeah that's what I meant by it all.

Someday I'll get Showtime.

Psycho Punch

I finally got around to watch it up to ep 3 and I was unimpressed. Guess Lynch isn't for everyone after all... I might force myself to watch it to see where the story is going (if it is going to go anywhere at all).

Quite frankly I'd rather have the last episode of the old series as the actual, definitive last episode.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

DragonmasterDan

So tonight is the night the final episodes air, I'm watching episode 17 and am very impressed so far with the series.
--DragonmasterDan

EmperorIng

^...He says right before the final, ultimate mind-fuck, pull-the-rug-out, kick-to-the-balls that was that insane finale.

I guess we'll find out what happened 25 years from now! What a whiplash. What other show would have the guts to do that to its audience?