OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Print your own stuff... (D.I.Y. GoT/Ys IV inserts & more)

Started by esteban, 12/15/2014, 08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Grab some paper, a CD-R and....

PRINT YOUR OWN STUFF

https://www.tg-16.com/print_your_own_stuff.htm

ANY HELP fixing errors, finding "lost" files will be greatly appreciated.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

slinkyturd

70/95 US Turbochips

jtucci31

I'll be downloading insert C for GoT :lol:

But this is great stuff! I will definitely be making my own stuff in the near future. I'm sure through trial and error, I can create some good looking manuals, inserts, etc. for myself.

The only thing i'm very new to are the lightscribing aspects. Could anyone point me in the right direction or give me the dumb version? Is it a costly process to do by myself? I'm perfectly content with a cdr that has "Ys IV" written in sharpie on it. But this has enough of my interest to make me want to try at some point, and it would be nice to have the knowledge on it for when I have money to throw down on this sort of thing.

Thanks for linking this este. This is good stuff! I'm glad it's all in one place that makes it easy to find and sift through. Any plans to add other manual translations and such on that page? I see you left the space for the Ys I & II Duo insert available.

HailingTheThings

Dude, fuck yeah!

Also, someone find me good scans for the back inserts to Super Air Zonk and Dynastic Hero!

Please?
IMG

cr8zykuban0

awesome site! i like the fact that they have game comparison screen shots and list of all pcengine shmups!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 12/15/2014, 08:58 PMI'll be downloading insert C for GoT :lol:

Thanks for linking this este. This is good stuff! I'm glad it's all in one place that makes it easy to find and sift through. Any plans to add other manual translations and such on that page? I see you left the space for the Ys I & II Duo insert available.
I'll add anything that fits the spirit of the page.

I just have figure out a nice way to organize the content. :)

Quote from: guest on 12/15/2014, 08:17 PMNeat! Where do I send my money? I'll take 5 of each!

Please make all checks and money orders payable to "slinkyturd" :)

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 12/16/2014, 12:43 AMawesome site! i like the fact that they have game comparison screen shots and list of all pcengine shmups!
PCE vs. SNES vs. Genesis screenshot comparisons: I used to have all 1,500+ screenshots on one, stupidly huge page. Only recently did I finally have a chance to split the big page into several smaller ones. I actually still have s lot of stuff to add from the original thread....I only included some of the SPRITE COMPARISONS:

https://www.tg-16.com/screenshot_comparisons_action.htm#dracula_x_sprites

awack covered Dracula X in detail, but he did (more limited) sprite studies for a few other games, too (Splatterhouse, for example).

awack created so much content, but I have to dig through the old thread(s) and find all the stuff I missed...I hope the images are still hosted  (most of them are, at least for now, but some random stuff has disappeared).

----------

For the shmups list, I may have put too much stuff on a single page, but I don't care. :)

Ayce

Well, I guess I can give this to you when I'm done then. I've been working on an English version of Fantasy Star Soldier. I was going to give this to someone else, but I think I'll release it to the public when I'm done instead. Here is a sample the full size was redrawn in 300 DPI and the logo is modeled off of the in game sprites to look hand written.

/Fantasy_Star_Soldier.png

I also have a reproduction of Soldier Blade box that I made... though I don't know if boxes are something that should be readily available for fear of them being used through eBay. I even had Sparky print and cut the box for me. This one came about because of an auction that I paid for who had the box in the image but I didn't notice the box did not come with the game. So out of anger I reproduced it.

/Soldier_Blade.png

Sadler

Quote from: guest on 12/15/2014, 08:58 PMThe only thing i'm very new to are the lightscribing aspects. Could anyone point me in the right direction or give me the dumb version? Is it a costly process to do by myself? I'm perfectly content with a cdr that has "Ys IV" written in sharpie on it. But this has enough of my interest to make me want to try at some point, and it would be nice to have the knowledge on it for when I have money to throw down on this sort of thing.
Lightscribing is pretty cheap. I think I got my drive for under $100 several years ago in store. Amazon seems to have lightscribe drives for less that $40. Here are the CDs I used. It did take me several tries to get it right though, so expect to toss a few CDs as you learn how to get the best burn. Still, less than $1/CD. The software I used was just whatever came with my drive. I'm at work right now and I don't remember which drive I got, but if I remember tonight I'll post what drive and associated software I used.

The process itself is pretty easy. You put the disc in upside down, set it to the darkest burn setting you can, then run the burn several times over without taking out the disk. I think 5 or 6 seemed to give nice results, but this might vary according to which drive you get. After that, just take the CD out, find a super slow old school CDR and burned the bin/cue at the slowest speed you can. Truthfully, I think the slowest speed I could burn at was 8x. It works fine on my hardware and I haven't heard any complaints from anyone I've given burns to. :)

jtucci31

Quote from: Sadler on 12/16/2014, 09:47 AM
Quote from: guest on 12/15/2014, 08:58 PMThe only thing i'm very new to are the lightscribing aspects. Could anyone point me in the right direction or give me the dumb version? Is it a costly process to do by myself? I'm perfectly content with a cdr that has "Ys IV" written in sharpie on it. But this has enough of my interest to make me want to try at some point, and it would be nice to have the knowledge on it for when I have money to throw down on this sort of thing.
Lightscribing is pretty cheap. I think I got my drive for under $100 several years ago in store. Amazon seems to have lightscribe drives for less that $40. Here are the CDs I used. It did take me several tries to get it right though, so expect to toss a few CDs as you learn how to get the best burn. Still, less than $1/CD. The software I used was just whatever came with my drive. I'm at work right now and I don't remember which drive I got, but if I remember tonight I'll post what drive and associated software I used.

After that, just take the CD out, find a super slow old school CDR and burned the bin/cue at the slowest speed you can. Truthfully, I think the slowest speed I could burn at was 8x.
Thanks for the information Sadler. I figured there wasn't much to it aside from getting the lightscribe drive and lightscribe cds. I've seen quite a few on amazon for pretty cheap, though I'll have to read through some reviews and ask around. If you could find which one you have, that would be much appreciated.

And when you talk about burning super slow, at 8x, do you mean burning the actual game? I believe that's what you mean since you said, "After that....".

Sadler

Yep! Slow speed for burning the game data itself. :)

HailingTheThings

IMG

ToyMachine78

I can never get these things to print in the correct size. They always turn out too small. I print them at 100% , but still smaller. I printed the GoT rear insert today.... Too small :-(

Ayce

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 12/16/2014, 06:26 PMDope!
Thanks... it's not 100% accurate since I had to just about redraw everything, but its something I wanted to do after playing this game. Such a good game... wish it would have had an official US release. (Non Wii)

esteban

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Ayce on 12/16/2014, 08:41 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 12/16/2014, 06:26 PMDope!
Thanks... it's not 100% accurate since I had to just about redraw everything, but its something I wanted to do after playing this game. Such a good game... wish it would have had an official US release. (Non Wii)
I think this is a game that everyone most can agree that a pressing is in order. Cancelled games should exist, like a lot.
IMG

graffias79

Thanks for the link to this site!  Every day I'm checking it to see if the Ys Book I & II insert has been found.  I would love to have this since I've been going through and improving/replacing the old game cases I have.  This and Gate of Thunder have been in need of a new jewel case for ages.  Ys IV English translation is getting its own case now too.

clackattack

Does anyone on here have access to a disc-imaging printer? I have some really nice, printable Taiyo Yudens that I would love to have some sweet disc art printed onto for repro purposes. Was looking into buying a disc printer, but them things start at like 600$, and thats not even a good one! I would be willing to donate some blank Yudens for someones ability to print on a few of them for me
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]

Nemo

If anyone already has access to quality disc burning software and printer, that would be willing to make me a nice copy of the Ys IV Dub, please PM me (I already own the JP version btw).  I'd love to do this myself, but can't justify the cost of the software/hardware for one game.
/jt13pz9.gif

jordan_hillman

Holy crap!! Thanks for such an awesome link!  :mrgreen:

Printing out my GoT insert now!
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

FraGMarE

You guys can use my Dracula X translation cover/traycard/label on that site if you want.  It's pretty hi-res and set up for 600 dpi printing.  Click for the higher res versions.  :)

IMG
IMG
IMG

https://i.imgur.com/UpzpdJT.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/dDrrN5W.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/iwvYiT2.png

esteban

Folks! I am happy to report that I have unearthed a "lost" Gate of Thunder design (circa 2005):

https://www.tg-16.com/print_your_own_stuff.htm#gate_of_thunder_o

IMG

I think it looks nice. :)

What is funny is that I commented on the ancient thread back in 2005, but I couldn't even pretend to remember what the design looked like.

Quote from: fragmare on 12/17/2014, 06:39 PMYou guys can use my Dracula X translation cover/traycard/label on that site if you want.  It's pretty hi-res and set up for 600 dpi printing.  Click for the higher res versions.  :)

IMG
IMG
IMG

https://i.imgur.com/UpzpdJT.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/dDrrN5W.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/iwvYiT2.png
HELL YES I HAVE A BUNCH OF STUFF TO ADD.

:)

clackattack

Just a lil off subject, but I clearly remember someone on here creating an insert and some rear/spine art for the TG16 system card, no SCD 3.0 but the standard system card... but now that I want to print it, I cant find it! Could some so kindly point me in the direction to where that was
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]

Ayce

I made a spine for TurboEverdrive, but haven't said anything until now because I was waiting to make an insert and then release it.

esteban

Quote from: clackattack on 12/17/2014, 09:57 PMJust a lil off subject, but I clearly remember someone on here creating an insert and some rear/spine art for the TG16 system card, no SCD 3.0 but the standard system card... but now that I want to print it, I cant find it! Could some so kindly point me in the direction to where that was
Ha! I forgot about those. Folks have made stuff for the North American CD 2.0 and 3.0 cards, I believe.

It has been a few years since I've seen one posted in a thread, though.

Thanks for reminding us about it!

• • •  We gotta include that. :) It is exactly the sort of thing some folks would find useful.

Quote from: Ayce on 12/17/2014, 10:43 PMI made a spine for TurboEverdrive, but haven't said anything until now because I was waiting to make an insert and then release it.
It is your call. I don't mind waiting. Other folks seem to be less patient, though (ha!).

When you do finish the project, I will gladly host it :)

P.S. I'll be putting up Fantasy Star Soldier very soon.

Ayce

You can I'll send you the large file. Like I said I'm not done because I will be doing the CD, insert, and the back fold of the cover. Christmas is just a crazy time for me so when I did that back in November it's just sat because of the lack of time that I have. I'm hoping on my mini vacation I'll be able to get it done. I'm just needing to find someone who can translate what the back of the box says.

/Star_Parodier_PC_Engine00002.jpg

Samuray

Hi everyone,

thanks to seieienbu I will probably soon be in possession of a loose "Keith Courage" (thanks again, mate  :dance:)

However, finding a front and back cover for a CD case to spruce this up a bit has been more difficult than I anticipated. I found a front cover but it has a questionable resolution, and I've had no luck at all with a back insert. I'm aware there isn't a real one since the game came in a cardboard box but I was hoping to find something I could use.

To make things even more difficult I don't have Photoshop or anything...whenever I needed to print a CD insert I just used GIMP, resized it and everything was A-OK.

If anyone could point me in some direction so I have a case for the game ready when it arrives, that would be really awesome!

IvanBeavkov

Quote from: Samuray on 11/07/2015, 12:37 PMHi everyone,

thanks to seieienbu I will probably soon be in possession of a loose "Keith Courage" (thanks again, mate  :dance:)

However, finding a front and back cover for a CD case to spruce this up a bit has been more difficult than I anticipated. I found a front cover but it has a questionable resolution, and I've had no luck at all with a back insert. I'm aware there isn't a real one since the game came in a cardboard box but I was hoping to find something I could use.

To make things even more difficult I don't have Photoshop or anything...whenever I needed to print a CD insert I just used GIMP, resized it and everything was A-OK.

If anyone could point me in some direction so I have a case for the game ready when it arrives, that would be really awesome!
Hey Samuray, making a Keith Courage insert sounded fun so I decided to make one. In doing so I came across this awesome picture I used in the background.

I made these 2 variants because I was not sure which look people would prefer. I like the A insert a little better myself.

Go here to download high quality versions.
https://goo.gl/photos/Mc69TSw2EJpXvBq58

Keith Courage A
Keith Courage in Alpha Zones - Back A.jpg

Keith Courage B
Keith Courage in Alpha Zones - Back B.jpg

Samuray

pdiggitydogg

esteban