OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Community interest in (Neo) Nectaris custom map editor?

Started by FraGMarE, 12/17/2014, 05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FraGMarE

Would anyone here be interested in having a custom map editor for Nectaris/Neo Nectaris that would allow you to create and replace maps, place starting units, set map size, place factories/bases, etc.?  The idea is that it would spit out modified ROM/ISO images or patches, respectively, upon saving.  It occurred to me that this could be a thing around here, and open up a lot of possibilities... people making custom 2p dedicated maps, net play via emulator, yearly tournaments, etc.  What's everybody else think?

madboom0522

Favorite game for the system period! So that would be great!
Titles to complete... Caught them all....

johnnykonami

Dicer

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

pulstar

This a cool idea. Nice and user friendly for less technical people as well being able to save to ISO's directly.
My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

NecroPhile

I like the idea, but custom maps are often not so great.  It's not easy to set up scenarios that aren't either balls tough, dead easy, or just plain boring. 
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 12/18/2014, 10:41 AMI like the idea, but custom maps are often not so great.  It's not easy to set up scenarios that aren't either balls tough, dead easy, or just plain boring.
This is true.

Psycho Punch

While you're at it please tell if the sprite scaling is faked or done by the CPU.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Gentlegamer

Is there a current emulator for PCE that has net play capability?
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

ccovell

Fragmare: more software tools (Hudson/Atlus tile decoders, map editors) for any Turbo game would be well-appreciated.

FraGMarE

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 12/18/2014, 04:41 PMIs there a current emulator for PCE that has net play capability?
Yea, Mednafen does.  I've played Bomberman 94 over it many a time.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 12/19/2014, 01:01 AM
Quote from: fragmare on 12/18/2014, 10:27 PM
Quote from: Gentlegamer on 12/18/2014, 04:41 PMIs there a current emulator for PCE that has net play capability?
you would be my hero if you made a brief how-to document.  I've known that mednafen has had netplay for some time, but I have no friends so I haven't bothered to figure it out (that, and I'm too stupid).  I think there are others in the same boat.

Fragmare... you could be morpheus! Bring the obeyers together!
I did not know this!

Are you guys saying that we could organize Dungeon Explorer multi-player over the netz?!

I am now thinking about installing mednafen on my daughter's computer (My desktop PC died).

Gentlegamer

Is it command line only? Is there a frontend?
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

FraGMarE

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 12/19/2014, 05:12 PM
Yea, there are all kinds of front ends for it

spenoza

Quote from: fragmare on 12/21/2014, 03:59 PM
Quote from: Gentlegamer on 12/19/2014, 05:12 PM
Yea, there are all kinds of front ends for it
And some of them only suck a little, as opposed to others, which suck quite a bit.