Who can read japanese and help me out with translating some screenshots?

Started by gbapalyer, 12/22/2014, 06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbapalyer

hello,

can anybody here read and understand japanese and help me out translating some screenshots from a game? otherwise i wont be able to continue.^^
please contact me and le me know your mail adress. i will send all pics by mail.

-gbapalyer
Currently playing:   (Started  . Feb. 2013)

Lochlan

Quote from: ridgewood_general_store_1 on 08/15/2014, 11:12 AMI'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

gbapalyer

sorry i have to send them via mail. they are 16 screenshots and uploading time takes too Long... :(
it is an RPG, no boobie game^^

can anybody help me out please?

gbapalyer

NecroPhile

Please bump this thread at least once per hour.  I'm sure it takes less time than uploading a whopping three MBs of images.  :roll:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SephirothTNH

Quote from: guest on 12/22/2014, 03:26 PMPlease bump this thread at least once per hour.  I'm sure it takes less time than uploading a whopping three MBs of images.  :roll:
HAHA ROFLMAO

@OP Seriously you could have uploaded them and posted them by now.  Use imgur.

gbapalyer

NecroPhile

You should be able to resize them and not lose anything meaningful; a 1920x1080 screenshot should easy fit under 300kb.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

gbapalyer

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

SamIAm

Rumor has it there is an amulet in the depths of the earth .

Well well, I see you have a Gaia Key!

That's right. That's all it takes to open the door to the Gaia Core.

However, unless you beat the demon(s) in the cave at the bottom of the ocean, you'll never reach the depths of the earth.

If you open the door of Gaia, the path to the Gaia Core in the depths of the earth will open.

In the Gaia Core , there is a village called Fries where my twin brother lives. That's also where the Amulet of Earth is.

However, I hear that a demon(s) appeared recently in the cave at the bottom of the sea that leads to the Gaia Core

(the next one is useless, just says please go to the Gaia Core)

Hey, did you know that there is a huge sunken warship to the south of the cave at the bottom of the sea ?

My grandpa told me that an amulet is a thing that can break some kind of seal.

There's a place called the water tower to the southeast. If you're looking to learn more about the bottom of the sea you should go there.

(the rest are basically useless)

gbapalyer

thanks a lot. that explained something. i have a few more screenshots so if you could please help me out again?^^

i dont know how to beat that stupid enemy in the cave...i can attack only for one round and then it gets insivisible and cannot be attacked anymore? no Magic works...

has anybody ever played the startling odyssey Remake for ps1? and it seems it is impossible to find some hints or guides online for that game???

here are the other pics:

https://imgur.com/a/NRxBy

JoshTurboTrollX

We should have a whole thread dedicated to posting images of Japanese text in games so Sam can translate them.  Also, for those with smart phones, have you tried google translate?

From what Google Translate told me using the photo app on the first image states:
Jerunasu:" It's arrived Salmon."

LOL
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

SamIAm

I love you Nulltard. <3

gbapalyer, you should peruse these videos of the PCE version until you find the spot where you can't pass.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/19243619

The text before the boss is useless. It's all "At last! I shall have my revenge!" "Oh, but you underestimate me!" dramatic kind of stuff.

The text from the old man is saying there is a legendary sword called the Helios Sword, and you need to collect these five parts with weird names and give them to a swordsmith names Hamil to re-activate it.

I'll tell you more details later if you need it. Watch the videos first. Search nico nico for スタートリングオデッセイ if you want more.

SephirothTNH

Quote from: guest on 12/23/2014, 10:04 AM...
Ikuzo! = I mean, it could be a worthwhile skill to pick up if we plan to keep playing text-heavy JRPGs.

Damn that Japanese context.

gbapalyer

1. i dont have a Smartphone, so i cannot use any APPS.

2. very funny...

3. i can read Hiragana and Katakana, but i only know around 100 kanjis. iam trying to learn japanese.

4. i played through around 40 jrpgs already, so iam not a newbie. ;)

5. i finished the original startling odyssey months ago, the Remake differs in many Points.

6. i already tried nico Video and the underwater parts are around Video parts 23-27. there is no hint inside, as i said in 5. already that the Remakes differs from the original.

7. iam 19 hours into the Remake now and i have no clue what to do now. the Boss cannot be attacked after 1 round and i thought the battle Messages would bring up some light into the darkness.

8. merry Christmas to ya all! :D

gbapalyer

still need some help:

1. who played the PS1 Remake?

2. can anybody tell me if there are some guides available online for the PS1 game? i cannot find anything when i search for startling odyssey PS kyoryaku (in japanese of course ;)).

3. what do the 2 battle messages say? one is when the battle begins, the other one is when the enemy turns invisible? there must be some trick how to hurt the boss after he turns invisible, but no magic and no item works...maybe my level is too low?

SamIAm

You would probably be better off asking on a Playstation forum.

The battle messages don't say anything relevant to how to beat the boss. One just says "I won't be as easy as Elizabeth!" and the other says "Your attacks will never hit me now!"

gbapalyer

any suggestions for some message boards where the freaks who could knot this lurk around ?^^

gbapalyer

i have searched for ジエルナス and found an interesting chinese (?) page:

http://www.yesky.com/194/86194.shtml

the truth must be somewhere in the text on that page.^^ can somebody help?

gbapalyer

this passage is the key to solve the mystery.

亚特兰西南方找到沉没商船海兰达(沉没船ハイラダ-)找到船长日记就会拿到,地底洞窟之键(ガイヤキ- )

先别到海底洞窟回索尔迪亚城找国王谈话取得将液态固定的道具(コ-アギユレイタ-),亚特兰南方找到海底洞窟,有地底洞窟之键进入,在里面会遇到水之恶魔杰鲁那斯和它战斗时打伤它到某阶段,它将不怕任何攻击使用将液态固定的道具,它就不是难关,打败它后来到地底世界,往东走会发现福莱兹村(フライズの村)在村子下方找长老说话完,在村子右上方打倒炎之精灵王便可出村子往西走会发现索鲁达之地底城(ゾルダ-の地底城),在城里打要打倒索鲁达和盖安(ガイアン)后可得地之星环,回福莱兹村找长老报告取得通行键(カ-ドキ-),便可朝村子北方的盖亚古代遗迹(ガイアコアの古代遗迹),在里面打倒 之精灵,在 之精灵,旁边的宝箱是大地的魔法石一定要拿到,找到福洛格拉姆(フルクラム)可得飞空船杰乌士(飞空船ゼウス),建议先别乱飞朝我的方式做,先回海底找魔法石有通行键就可进入巨大战监普罗梅帝斯(プロンメテウス巨大战监),里面头目都很强,但有水之魔法石所以一定要来,再来亚特兰的东北方的湖之洞窟只有一个宝箱那是太阳的魔法石,由利尔德村往南飞的大陆上会发现海尼尔特之村,在村中右上的屋子找到格兰特(グラント),和他谈话完,出村子往北西走会发现(クレ-タ-ダンジヨン)克雷塔的秘密要塞,在里面打败梅提欧鲁 (メテオル),一定要拿到欧利哈尔肯之石,如果上述的魔法石都找到就可打造太阳剑

can somebody help me translating it?

gbapalyer

i did it! finally i can continue. no JRPG can beat me. muahahaha :D

SamIAm

gbapalyer

i had to visit the Island of ice again and speak to the king there. he then gave me an item which can negate the enemies invisibility.^^

Bernie

I don't see the point in playing an RPG, where you cannot read/understand the story line.  I've heard some just make up their own, but for me, the story is over half the enjoyment.

gbapalyer

and i can not understand why anybody wont play those awesome RPGs that never left Japan. story is an important part but not everything. i played through nearly 50 japanese RPGs during the last 2 years and i did not regret anyone. awesome experience, also if i did not understand every story. ;)

Bernie

Oh I am not knocking it at all, I just don't have the desire to.  Maybe that is not exactly true...I DO want to play them, but I want the entire experience.  The language barrier kills it for me.  :(

gbapalyer

gbapalyer

startling odyssey blue evolution finished today. 26 hours. what a great game it was. really better then the original. sadly rayforce did not made a remake of startling odyssey 2 and a startling odyssey 3. the to be continued screen at the end was a lie. :(

Tatsujin

Quote from: gbapalyer on 12/28/2014, 07:44 AMthis passage is the key to solve the mystery.

亚特兰西南方找到沉没商船海兰达(沉没船ハイラダ-)找到船长日记就会拿到,地底洞窟之键(ガイヤキ- )

先别到海底洞窟回索尔迪亚城找国王谈话取得将液态固定的道具(コ-アギユレイタ-),亚特兰南方找到海底洞窟,有地底洞窟之键进入,在里面会遇到水之恶魔杰鲁那斯和它战斗时打伤它到某阶段,它将不怕任何攻击使用将液态固定的道具,它就不是难关,打败它后来到地底世界,往东走会发现福莱兹村(フライズの村)在村子下方找长老说话完,在村子右上方打倒炎之精灵王便可出村子往西走会发现索鲁达之地底城(ゾルダ-の地底城),在城里打要打倒索鲁达和盖安(ガイアン)后可得地之星环,回福莱兹村找长老报告取得通行键(カ-ドキ-),便可朝村子北方的盖亚古代遗迹(ガイアコアの古代遗迹),在里面打倒 之精灵,在 之精灵,旁边的宝箱是大地的魔法石一定要拿到,找到福洛格拉姆(フルクラム)可得飞空船杰乌士(飞空船ゼウス),建议先别乱飞朝我的方式做,先回海底找魔法石有通行键就可进入巨大战监普罗梅帝斯(プロンメテウス巨大战监),里面头目都很强,但有水之魔法石所以一定要来,再来亚特兰的东北方的湖之洞窟只有一个宝箱那是太阳的魔法石,由利尔德村往南飞的大陆上会发现海尼尔特之村,在村中右上的屋子找到格兰特(グラント),和他谈话完,出村子往北西走会发现(クレ-タ-ダンジヨン)克雷塔的秘密要塞,在里面打败梅提欧鲁 (メテオル),一定要拿到欧利哈尔肯之石,如果上述的魔法石都找到就可打造太阳剑

can somebody help me translating it?
I think no sain person ever could translate that mess!!
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

gbapalyer

The solution was that i had to visit the king in the castle of the ice continent and then he gave me an item which let me continue the game underwater. If anybody ever thinks about starting the remake. You will get stuck for sure. ;)