Camp California - Where the Music Never Ends Raffle

Started by NecroPhile, 12/23/2014, 11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

In honor of Festivus and Santatlantean, here's your chance to win the soundtrack thingy advertised on the back of the Camp California manual.  It's really not very good music, but it's free and if you have kiddos they might like it.

To enter this one, you must post a high score with screenshot from Santatlantean.  The top three scores will get extra entries: three extra for first, two for second, and one for third.

1. Don't enter if you already have it.
2. Ya gotta have 150 posts by the time of the drawing, and they can't mostly be in buy/sell/raffle threads.
3. You promise to re-raffle it if you ever want to get rid of it.
4. It must be listened to at least once, and I mean really listened to while paying attention; no playing it for the kids in the back seat while you zone out or playing it softly in the background while you vacuum.
5. I reserve the right to not include whiners, maroons, and anyone else that pisses me off.
6. A random winner will be selected sometime after the first of the year.

Entrants:

1st   -  135,680  -  jtucci31
2nd  -  12,085  -  DragonmasterDan
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Wait, there was a soundtrack? WTF? (It's just the Red Book from the game, or is it?)

I don't think I ever noticed the ad for this!

Throw my name in the Hatris.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

bob

i am officially requesting entry in to this raffle.

NecroPhile

http://www.beachboys.com/campcalifornia.jpg

They aren't the game tunes, they're covers of Beach Boys songs meant for kids.  It's just a regular jewel case like most music cds; I don't remember if it has the lyrics fold out or not, so you might have to wing it if you want to sing along.

As for entry, no high score screenshot = no entry.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 12/23/2014, 02:19 PMhttp://www.beachboys.com/campcalifornia.jpg

They aren't the game tunes, they're covers of Beach Boys songs meant for kids.  It's just a regular jewel case like most music cds; I don't remember if it has the lyrics fold out or not, so you might have to wing it if you want to sing along.

As for entry, no high score screenshot = no entry.
Ah, no song about Byron Bear like on the title screen?
--DragonmasterDan

clackattack

I humbly request entry into your drawing of glorious goods
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]

slinkyturd

Awesome raffle. I'm not looking to enter but it looks to be a generous gift.
70/95 US Turbochips

esteban

Quote from: guest on 12/23/2014, 02:39 PM
Quote from: guest on 12/23/2014, 11:53 AMTo enter this one, you must post a high score with screenshot from Santatlantean.  The top three scores will get extra entries: three extra for first, two for second, and one for third.
Necro, don't say I never did you any favors. :P
Ha! I see. Santatlantean pics. Please tell me I'll have time after Xmas to do this. I won't have time before Xmas.

NecroPhile

You'll have at least until January 6 (Epiphany) and maybe even longer depending on the level of participation.

jtucci31

I'll be trying for a high score after Christmas as well.  Haven't done too well saving Christmas so far. I need to put in some practice because I'm still not too great at Atlantean either.

Great raffle!

jtucci31

Spent some time trying to rack up a high score today. This was only my second run. Ran out of more time to play.

IMG

I don't even own Camp California, but if i like the music enough, I'll probably buy it. I like the Beach Boys. Plus it got me to play Santalantean a little more, which is nice. :mrgreen:

NecroPhile

With zero other participants, things are looking good for jt.  :mrgreen:

NecroPhile

NecroPhile

With such underwhelming demand, it's time to close up shop.  Here's the outcome of the drawing:

1.  Dan
2.  JT
3.  Dan
4.  JT
5.  JT

But really, you both win (or lose depending on how you look at it), as BMW has donated a second copy.   Thanks to you two for playing and thanks to BMW for offering up another prize.  :mrgreen:

jtucci31

I lost with 3 submissions?!?! I demand a recount!!!

But really, thanks BlueBMW! And/or thanks NecroPhile as well for setting up the raffle :)

esteban

I still haven't had a chance to play this. Damn.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/12/2015, 05:06 PMtucci- you must rip its contents and scan its papers for us!
HELL YES!!!!!

jtucci31

DragonmasterDan

awesome, I greatly appreciate my winnings!

Thanks NecroPhile and BMW! and congrats to Jtucci!
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 01/13/2015, 07:21 AMawesome, I greatly appreciate my winnings!

Thanks NecroPhile and BMW! and congrats to Jtucci!
Scan booklet for us! And rip Le music. :)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: esteban on 01/16/2015, 07:11 AMScan booklet for us! And rip Le music. :)
I'm curious to hear if it has the Camp California intro song which describes the main character as though he is Poochie from the Simpsons. If I recall correctly it's something to the extent of "Byron Bear is a really cool dude, he's a rappin homeboy surfer dude with major attitude. Oh yeah and he's a skateboard hound...."

It just struck me as being hilarious.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 01/16/2015, 07:14 AM
Quote from: esteban on 01/16/2015, 07:11 AMScan booklet for us! And rip Le music. :)
I'm curious to hear if it has the Camp California intro song which describes the main character as though he is Poochie from the Simpsons. If I recall correctly it's something to the extent of "Byron Bear is a really cool dude, he's a rappin homeboy surfer dude with major attitude. Oh yeah and he's a skateboard hound...."

It just struck me as being hilarious.
Hahaahhahahahahahahaha.

I am still dumbfounded as to why the Beach Boys needed to create an official mascot to market at kids... did the Beach Boys really think that a new, vast sea of opportunities could transform Byron into the next superstar spokesman (a la "California Raisins")?

I know Byron originated with marketers and opportunists—but at some point the band had to approve it, right?

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: esteban on 01/16/2015, 07:20 AMHahaahhahahahahahahaha.

I am still dumbfounded as to why the Beach Boys needed to create an official mascot to market at kids... did the Beach Boys really think that a new, vast sea of opportunities could transform Byron into the next superstar spokesman (a la "California Raisins")?

I know Byron originated with marketers and opportunists—but at some point the band had to approve it, right?

God only knows
why they approved this.  While it seems like forever ago, I'm sure someone involved with the Beach Boys must have  thought having a mascot would be Fun,Fun,Fun and thought wouldn't it be nice to find a way to market to children. It's just a major cash grab, I get around and know how the business works, and I'm sure if anyone suggested this might be selling out their managers probably told them "Don't worry baby" this will be a monster hit and everyone will want Byron Bear merchandise. If anyone in the band wanted to be true to their school of thought and not sell out, their voices clearly weren't heard over the pet sounds coming from these animal mascots. All that leaves is me 20 years later in my room while surfin USA .... based internet sites and making a pun filled post about these crappy mascot characters.
--DragonmasterDan

NecroPhile

jtucci31

DragonmasterDan

For Esteban
Edit: Uploaded different better version of video.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Address. You are getting a visit from a few forum members now.

esteban

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 01/16/2015, 04:33 PMFor Esteban
Added in edit: My address showed up in the video. cropping and re-uploading.
Thank you. Awesome.

DragonmasterDan

It's fixed. And a new version is uploading.
--DragonmasterDan

NecroPhile

I'll bring mine to work next week and scan it in, but can I hold the files ransom for a new TurboDoodle?

DragonmasterDan

and the music does end. I've listened to the whole thing.

And while I wouldn't put it in my car rotation of CDs, it's not THAT terrible. I recognized Nancy Cartwright as one of the voice actors, and I get the sense an uncredited Dan Castlenetta may be involved as one character sounds like a combination of Barney Gumble with a little bit of Homer Simpson mixed in.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 01/16/2015, 04:44 PMIt's fixed. And a new version is uploading.
Dude, that is WAY MORE INTRIGUING than I thought it would be.

STOP WRINKLING UP THE LYRICS AND ILLUSTRATIONS! I want to make something with all that goodness.

Quote from: guest on 01/16/2015, 04:58 PMI'll bring mine to work next week and scan it in, but can I hold the files ransom for a new TurboDoodle?
Yes! And yes! I have an extra day off this weekend, maybe I'll try to reshoot/salvage an old episode or two of TurboDoodle (or I may just start again, I had some bad luck with old footage not turning out properly).

roflmao

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 01/16/2015, 07:59 AM
God only knows
why they approved this.  While it seems like forever ago, I'm sure someone involved with the Beach Boys must have  thought having a mascot would be Fun,Fun,Fun and thought wouldn't it be nice to find a way to market to children. It's just a major cash grab, I get around and know how the business works, and I'm sure if anyone suggested this might be selling out their managers probably told them "Don't worry baby" this will be a monster hit and everyone will want Byron Bear merchandise. If anyone in the band wanted to be true to their school of thought and not sell out, their voices clearly weren't heard over the pet sounds coming from these animal mascots. All that leaves is me 20 years later in my room while surfin USA .... based internet sites and making a pun filled post about these crappy mascot characters.
Awesome!

jtucci31

Got mine in the mail today, thanks again Necro! :) Sadly I haven't had time to listen to it, but tomorrow i will. I didn't get the lyric sheet like Dan, but that's fine. I already know some Beach Boys tunes.

NecroPhile

I've not forgotten about you, este.  My copy is sitting next to me here at work, ready for scanning when I've got the time.  :mrgreen:

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/21/2015, 09:20 AMI've not forgotten about you, este.  My copy is sitting next to me here at work, ready for scanning when I've got the time.  :mrgreen:
L'Awesome.

jtucci31

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 01/16/2015, 05:03 PMAnd while I wouldn't put it in my car rotation of CDs, it's not THAT terrible. I recognized Nancy Cartwright as one of the voice actors, and I get the sense an uncredited Dan Castlenetta may be involved as one character sounds like a combination of Barney Gumble with a little bit of Homer Simpson mixed in.
I forgot you mentioned this and immediately heard Simpson voices in this. Not sure if they really are on this cd, I'll have to check, but I thought that was funny.

I also thought the "Byron" character was funny and resembled Poochie. This CD is great!

NecroPhile

Scans and ripped tunes sent to esty and nully.  :mrgreen:

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/28/2015, 04:50 PMScans and ripped tunes sent to esty and nully.  :mrgreen:
HELL YES.

Thank you. :)

Quote from: guest on 01/28/2015, 05:06 PMAnd grateful are we for all of them!

Thank you, kind sir~!
HELL YES.

Suck my left one. :)