Retronauts Podcast Episode on Telenet/Valis

Started by TR0N, 12/29/2014, 04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR0N

Well the crew at retronauts finally did a episode about telenet.If any one wants to give a listen,here it is.
http://www.retronauts.com/?p=938#comments
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

Quote from: TR0N on 12/29/2014, 04:42 AMWell the crew at retronauts finally did a episode about telenet.If any one wants to give a listen,here it is.
http://www.retronauts.com/?p=938#comments
I have to save this for later. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Sadler

Val-eeeees. Have I been saying it wrong all these years?!

esteban

Quote from: Sadler on 12/29/2014, 06:13 PMVal-eeeees. Have I been saying it wrong all these years?!
No. We are correct: Valis, like "chalice".

I think the goofballs looked up the word "valise" and didn't know any better. Cretins!

Damn.

The f*cking sword of Valis.

Not the suitcase of Valise.

HELP US, BABY JESUS!

Speaking of luggage, I'm pretty certain that the name "Valis" was chosen because it was the title of a novel by Philip K. Dick...and the pronunciation of the novel's title rhymes with "chalice", not "valise".

I'm hungry.

Sadler

Awesome. :D I did enjoy the episode, but I've got to admit, Jeremy Parish is to me what MetalJesus is to most guys on this forum.

esteban

Quote from: Sadler on 12/29/2014, 06:59 PMAwesome. :D I did enjoy the episode, but I've got to admit, Jeremy Parish is to me what MetalJesus is to most guys on this forum.
HAHJAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH. Hopefully, I'll listen to this soon.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Sadler on 12/29/2014, 06:59 PMAwesome. :D I did enjoy the episode, but I've got to admit, Jeremy Parish is to me what MetalJesus is to most guys on this forum.
I like Jeremy Parish's journalism/podcasts and overall insight more times than not. I've been reading his gaming related writing since the late 90s. Sure, he has a bit of a SquareSoft bias but overall I find that retronauts works best when he's on it and he's one of my favorite game reviewers.
--DragonmasterDan

Sadler

:) I think I was pretty ambiguous with that statement, so let me try to clarify. Jeremy is very knowledgeable. Much more so than me! He's not all bad either. But something about his personality rubs me the wrong way. Really, what I know of Parish is from retronauts, and I wasn't a listener from the beginning. I've read little of what he's written and what I have read I haven't disliked. I have a hard time articulating what about him bothers me. But in the context of retronauts, a lot of the time I find myself (irrationally) irritated by his general presence. Maybe the prog-rock pocket episode and a general lack of extreme NEC bias pushed me too far. :D

jlued686

I give Parish a pass on most things because he's almost singlehandedly keeping the conversation of gaming history alive in the "mainstream" gaming press. He's a gaming historian who also maintains a handful of personal retro gaming sites. Furthermore, his reviews are filled with the perspective of someone who's studied games insightfully, rather than some guy just excited to get an early copy of "Dude Shooter 3,000: Shoot all the Dudez."