The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

SONY BVM-14F5U

Started by Medic_wheat, 01/01/2015, 12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic_wheat

So I am eye banging this SONY BVM-14F5U.  It is 24 inches and current bid is at $250 with no one bidding. There is a buy it now at $350 with shipping at $50 but with a day and a half going I am hoping to be a only bidder at the $250 starting bid.

My question is for those who use these bad boys.  Is $300 with shipping a good deal or a tad over priced?

DragonmasterDan

It's up to you how badly you want that BVM. I had a much smaller PVM shipped working and tested and it died in transit. It depends how far it is to ship it among other variables. If you find PVM/BVM/ RGB monitors locally you can save a lot of cost and worry on shipping alone.
--DragonmasterDan

Medic_wheat

Correction it is 14 inches not 24. 

I think what I will do is ask my father in law if the hospital he works at has any they might want to get rid of. Mind you he works as a doctor in Mexico so there is the whole shipping it from Mexico part.

geise

At that price stay away...far far away.

wildfruit

Ebay uk usually has a few cheap pvm because they're not necessary here due to rgb being everywhere. Dread to think what shipping would cost though.

GohanX

That is way, way overpriced for a 14 inch. I wouldn't pay more than $100 for one that size.

SephirothTNH

Yeah that seems a little overpriced for a 14".  I'm not really sure what the difference in a bvm and pvm are or how that effects price.  But I've seen 14" pvms sell for $100 shipped quite often. 

They seemed to be a little cheaper just a year ago.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: SephirothTNH on 01/01/2015, 02:56 PMYeah that seems a little overpriced for a 14".  I'm not really sure what the difference in a bvm and pvm are or how that effects price.  But I've seen 14" pvms sell for $100 shipped quite often. 

They seemed to be a little cheaper just a year ago.
Honestly neither do I but when I first heard of PVM and BVM monitors and their use in retro gaming I became interested.  I am sure someone here maybe a PVM/BVM "club" member could clue use in. I think the BVMs are just sharper monitors all around with more options for calibrating the picture.

PunkCryborg

You can find one locally if you are persistent/patient. I have 5 pro monitors and have had others that ive bought/traded locally and the average I pay is $40

Medic_wheat

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 01/01/2015, 03:35 PMYou can find one locally if you are persistent/patient. I have 5 pro monitors and have had others that ive bought/traded locally and the average I pay is $40
I keep an eye out on Craigslist every so often.

I think about just calling a hospital and see what they say but I always think that is a conversation that will leave most people unaware of what I am trying to convey or ask for.  How have you been successful?

PunkCryborg

look up used medical supply resellers and electronics recycle shops. Also search ebay by nearest distance

schnuth

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 01/01/2015, 09:22 PMAlso search ebay by nearest distance
I scored a 19" PVM for 99 cents a few months ago doing just this. I had to drive an hour each way to pick it up, but PVMs are so hard to find around here it was more then worth it. Have patience.