RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Devastator!

Started by ParanoiaDragon, 02/03/2015, 04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ParanoiaDragon

Thought I'd post this here for any who might be interested.  This year, Hasbro is doing Combiner Wars, sound like they're doing virtually every G1 combiner & then some.  Most of them will be Scramble City type(Ariealbots, Stunticons, etc. where all limbs can be interchanged), but they're also doing Devastator, who appears to be quite large, & 99.9% G1 accurate!  The only noticeable change I see is how Mixmaster is used as a foot.  In any case, enjoy the first picture!

IMG
IMG

GohanX

NightWolve

That image doesn't show up unless I open the image link in another window BTW. I'd say the site is preventing inline linking (AKA offsite image grabs) unless you first visit it.

ParanoiaDragon

I tried a different link, I'm hoping people can see this one??
IMG

Opethian

are these going to be die cast metal? or plastic :(
IMG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Opethian on 02/04/2015, 09:10 AMare these going to be die cast metal? or plastic :(
Hasbro seldom uses diecast on these anymore.  Even masterpiece figures are starting to go all plastic. :(
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Medic_wheat

How much is  it going for?  This is one I will be very interested in

ParanoiaDragon

I'm sure it'll be plastic.  Everythings plastic these days, metal makes the prices shoot up.  As for as price, I can only guess, maybe $100?  It hasn't been officially announced by Hasbro, that will be in a couple weeks at Toy Fair in (I think) New York.
IMG

Joe Redifer

That's awesome! Mixmaster has always been the left leg/foot. Not sure the crane needs to be extended vertically on his left shoulder though. That looks weird.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/05/2015, 02:59 PMThat's awesome! Mixmaster has always been the left leg/foot. Not sure the crane needs to be extended vertically on his left shoulder though. That looks weird.
yes that does look odd, I am use to seeing it bent downward.

This does look more G1 show with the purple in the right spots (in the original G1 Devistator combiner mix master didn't have his puple parts).

I would like to see more chrome on this bad boy.  I also take it that it comes as is, and does not seperate into the individual constructicons?

ParanoiaDragon

These all individually transform into Scrapper & friends.  There's just no pics of the individual bot modes online yet.  As for Mixmaster, I knew he was a foot, but I thought he was positioned wrong.  But I looked up some pics of the original, & I stand corrected.
IMG

VenomMacbeth

Hopefully they do the Gobots Puzzler next :P
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

EvilEvoIX

When I was growing up I had a friend who had all of these guys and We used to play with them for hours.  These were truly the best toys.  Well that, He-Man, and GI-Joe.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Duo_R

always wanted this!
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/06/2015, 11:16 AMHopefully they do the Gobots Puzzler next :P
Funny you mention that, Hasbro recently re-trademarked(or whatever) the Go-bots name for things including toys, animated shows, & I forget what else.  Not sure what that means for sure yet.
IMG

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 02/06/2015, 10:25 PM
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/06/2015, 11:16 AMHopefully they do the Gobots Puzzler next :P
Funny you mention that, Hasbro recently re-trademarked(or whatever) the Go-bots name for things including toys, animated shows, & I forget what else.  Not sure what that means for sure yet.
IMG

Their coming back....at least in Japan....so far....

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 02/06/2015, 11:35 PM
Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 02/06/2015, 10:25 PM
IMG

Their coming back....at least in Japan....so far....
BUWAHHH!!!

They look to be small, too!  Any idea how much they'll cost!
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

ParanoiaDragon

Holy hell, are those legit, or 3rd party?  Of those, I had Cy-kill, Fightor, the drill guy, & Turbo.  I might've had that stealth bomber guy, not totally sure.
IMG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 02/07/2015, 01:33 AMHoly hell, are those legit, or 3rd party?  Of those, I had Cy-kill, Fightor, the drill guy, & Turbo.  I might've had that stealth bomber guy, not totally sure.
Given that the "Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos" branding is used, I'd say they're official.  Having the stealth bomber (I'm assuming you're talking about the SR-71 guy, Snoop) will likely depend on what country you resided in at the time, as he was never officially released in North America  :)

Anyway, super stoked about these, especially if they make them small like the original 600 series MRs.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

ParanoiaDragon

Yeah, I had a feeling they were with them saying Machine Robo, but, I didn't hear a thing about them till now.  As for the SR-71, I'm in the US, so, I must not have had him, but he seems really familiar for some reason.
IMG

Gentlegamer

I still have two complete sets of the original Constructicons.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

esteban

I always hated these sets when I was a kid. Because, at most, my brothers and I would have HALF of the required characters, so we could never make the "Devastator" or the ___________ .... Voltron, Jumbotron, etc.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: esteban on 02/08/2015, 06:32 AMI always hated these sets when I was a kid. Because, at most, my brothers and I would have HALF of the required characters, so we could never make the "Devastator" or the ___________ .... Voltron, Jumbotron, etc.
Yeah, I had a few Constructicons(Scrapper, Mixmaster, Scavenger, & Bonecrusher), a few Protectobots(Blades, Streewise, & Groove), 1 Predacon(Razorclaw), 1 Combaticon(Swindle), 2 Terrorcons(Sinnertwin, & Cutthroat), 1 Pretender Monster(Bristleback), a few Seacons(Snaptrap, Overbite, Tentakil, & Nautilator )BUT, I had all the Technobots!  I remember seeing the Arielbot collector set in Sears all those years ago, & I coveted it greatly!
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

You can check out all kinds of pics, including the robot modes of the Constructicons!

http://www.allspark.com/content/2015/02/new-high-resolution-toy-fair-photos-combiner-wars-rid/
IMG

PCEngineHell

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 02/08/2015, 01:25 AMYeah, I had a feeling they were with them saying Machine Robo, but, I didn't hear a thing about them till now.  As for the SR-71, I'm in the US, so, I must not have had him, but he seems really familiar for some reason.
It's possible you had him anyway.  A bunch of that stuff got bootlegged and released over here in generic packages and tiny boxes. You could usually get them at drug stores and places like Skaggs-Alpha Beta, along with bootlegged transformers.

Medic_wheat

I remember watching gobots then transformers and thinking gobots was the first season and then the animation got better and became transformers as a kid.

technozombie

I used to have the full set of green Devestator that I inherited from an older cousin. They were wore out when I got them and then I wore them out even more. Then I later bought the G2 yellow set that I think I still have somewhere. I was a sucker for big robots, I also had Voltron as a kid and later I got the Power Rangers Megazord even though I was probably too old to watch the show I did anyways.

TR0N

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/16/2015, 10:59 AMI remember watching gobots then transformers and thinking gobots was the first season and then the animation got better and became transformers as a kid.
Far as gobots go it wasn't better then transformers.Though japan got the better show for gobots at least,it's japanese counter part machine robo.
Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos OP
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

turbokon

Can't wait!  I have a third party one but I will get this as well.

IMG
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Gentlegamer

Several years ago, I bought the new version of Starscream at Target for nostalgia sake. I was amazed how much better it was than the original. It looked much more like the cartoon/comic Starscream, and transformed waaaaaay better.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 02/18/2015, 04:29 PMSeveral years ago, I bought the new version of Starscream at Target for nostalgia sake. I was amazed how much better it was than the original. It looked much more like the cartoon/comic Starscream, and transformed waaaaaay better.
I'm assuming you're talking about the Classics deluxe figure?  It's pretty alright but I feel that mold has worn out its welcome.

That being said, it is still much better than the original.  A lot of those G1 toys were pretty piss-poor, but I can't seem to stop myself from buying them...
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

ParanoiaDragon

I like that Seeker mold, but I believe it's being officially put to rest after the TFSS exclusive figures of Nacelle, & G2 Starscream.
IMG

IMG

Personally, of the bunch, I'm looking forward to Serpent O.R.

IMG

Krok
IMG

& Tarantulas
IMG
IMG

Gentlegamer

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/18/2015, 08:04 PM
Quote from: Gentlegamer on 02/18/2015, 04:29 PMSeveral years ago, I bought the new version of Starscream at Target for nostalgia sake. I was amazed how much better it was than the original. It looked much more like the cartoon/comic Starscream, and transformed waaaaaay better.
I'm assuming you're talking about the Classics deluxe figure?  It's pretty alright but I feel that mold has worn out its welcome.

That being said, it is still much better than the original.  A lot of those G1 toys were pretty piss-poor, but I can't seem to stop myself from buying them...
It was this one

IMG

I still have my original G1 Transformers, I may have to get them out and take some photos.
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

You're sure it was exactly that one?  That's a Henkei version, Japanese only.  I think there was a re-release of G1 Starscream with colors closer to the cartoon then the 1 I got, but, I don't think it was quite as close as the Henkei version.
IMG

Duo_R

Tarantulas is a bike? Junkion remold.

Serpent OR looks awesome
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Duo_R on 02/20/2015, 11:17 AMTarantulas is a bike? Junkion remold.

Serpent OR looks awesome
Tarantulas is from Beast Wars, which takes place 300 years after G1, so this would be his Cybertronian mode.  Yeah, I love Serpent OR, it's a nice GI Joe homage!
IMG