@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

HuCard/TurboChip 3D Printed Cases - CLOSED

Started by PCEngineFX, 02/28/2015, 05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineFX

HuCard 3D Case - Title.jpg

I'm happy to finally announce the availability of my 3D printed HuCard case!  Creating the case from scratch and bringing it into reality literally took hundreds of test prints, detailed measuring, and months of trial and error to get to this point and now I'm making it available exclusively from pcengine-fx.com!

History of the case: pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=17972.0

Colors Available - Title2.png

Colors 01a.png

All colors are sold in bundles of 3 and may be mixed.  When ordering, please indicate which colors you would like and how many.  Each case also comes with a new CD jewel case lid - just insert your loose HuCard and manual and you'll be all set!

NOTE: "Turbo Orange" comes with a solid black HuCard case arm, while the black case comes with a semi-clear arm.

Pricing - Title.png

1 Pack (any 3 cases)
[/s]
  • USA: $24 (includes Priority Mail flat rate shipping)
  • CANADA & INTERNATIONAL: TBD (please contact for pricing)
2-8 Packs (bundles of 6 to 24 cases)
USA (includes Priority Mail flat rate shipping)[/s][/s]
  • 2pk/6 cases = $48
  • 3pk/9 cases = $66
  • 4pk/12 cases = $84
  • 5pk/15 cases = $102
  • 6pk/18 cases = $120
  • 7pk/21 cases = $138
  • 8pk/24 cases = $156
INTERNATIONAL: TBD (please contact for pricing)

For orders beyond 9+ packs, please contact for pricing.

Printing of cases will start once payment is received.  Printing may take up to 2 weeks (all depends on my workload).  If international, lead time may be longer.

How to Order.png

Please PM me with the following info:
  • Full real name
  • Mailing address
  • # of packs & color choice
I'll then PM you back with PayPal payment instructions.  Once payment has been received, your order will go into the queue for printing!

Faq.png
- Why are you including a CD jewel case lid?
Due to the nature of personal 3D print technology, the HuCard case fits a particular brand of CD jewel case lid.  To avoid fit issues with other case lids, one was provided for you that fits the case properly.

- I need the spine stickers for the cases!
You're in luck - Sparky sells them here! pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=5150.0
FAQ - Spine Labels.jpg

- Hey none of your colors match the exact color of the original HuCard cases!
I never intended for the case color to match the original, so this is expected.
FAQ - Color.jpg

- What are these fine lines on the case?
Personal 3D print technology works by melting plastic (called "filament") and "drawing" the 3D model of the object onto a heated piece of glass, one small layer at a time (in this case, each layer is 0.2mm thick).  This means that yes the finish of the physical model will have fine lines which is expected.
HuCard 3D Case - Detail.jpg

- Will your case fit on my CD shelf/TurboGrafx game box?
Yes!  The case is only a fraction thicker than the original HuCard case, but will still fit perfectly in any CD holder/shelf/TG game box just fine.  The slight additional thickness was added to the case for rigidity purposes.
FAQ - Box.jpg

- Can I order the case in different colors?
Yes!  See above...

// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

PCEngineFX

IMG
IMG

Medic_wheat

SQUEEAL!

Counts loose Hu Cards. 

Dang I got 24 of them lol...

PCEngineFX

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 03/01/2015, 10:52 PMSQUEEAL!

Counts loose Hu Cards. 

Dang I got 24 of them lol...
Well, you can always just order one pack to see how you like them :)
IMG
IMG

poponon

ElSeven

currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

HailingTheThings

*thinks about how many cases he's cannibalized*

*sighs*
IMG

esteban

The best part is the clip. Including that clip = love for TG-16.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

henrycsc

Is the clip compatible with the original cases, and would you sell just replacement clips?
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

cjameslv

Quote from: esteban on 03/02/2015, 06:34 AMThe best part is the clip. Including that clip = love for TG-16.
Yeah clip is a nice touch for sure!

blueraven

PCEngineFX

Quote from: henrycsc on 03/02/2015, 10:13 AMIs the clip compatible with the original cases, and would you sell just replacement clips?
I originally modeled the exact diameter of the 2 pegs on the clip, but after testing the pegs would snap if your flexed the arm even slightly...so I made them much larger for my model and are not compatible with the original HuCard cases.

Something like this though shouldn't be too hard for jelloslug to create and sell since the part is small enough.

Quote from: blueraven on 03/02/2015, 12:04 PMWow. Put me down for a 6-pack! :mrgreen:
PM me if you're serious :)
IMG
IMG

xcrement5x

Do you happen to still have the STL or something for the first version of the clip you made that would fit the original case?  My library district offers at cost 3D printing so this would be a godsend to just be able to print them myself locally. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Sparky

That is some dedication man and they turned out great!
Thanks for the mention/Sticky of my stickers and i will hit you up on some cases "2pk/6 cases"
i will PM you and will have to figure out shipping to cold Canada.

PCEngineFX

Quote from: guest on 03/02/2015, 01:21 PMDo you happen to still have the STL or something for the first version of the clip you made that would fit the original case?  My library district offers at cost 3D printing so this would be a godsend to just be able to print them myself locally. 
Unfortunately I don't have the version I originally created that may have fit the original HuCard cases - I can however see if I can re-make the model and offer them for those who just want the clips.
IMG
IMG

blueraven

Bernie

roflmao

Very slick.  I'm adding these to my birthday wishlist. :D

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 03/02/2015, 10:21 PMVery slick.  I'm adding these to my birthday wishlist. :D
I think I will wait for blue ones.

I like the color blue and heck make the replacement cases with a little JAZZ IMO while I dress up my loose Huey's.

FiftyQuid

These really do look beautiful.  I just wanted to say that.  Very nice work!
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

PCEngineFX

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 03/03/2015, 01:03 PMThese really do look beautiful.  I just wanted to say that.  Very nice work!
Thanks for the complement!
IMG
IMG

PCEngineFX

I'll be processing the first batch of inquires tonight FYI.

I also realized I made an error in my pricing for 3+ packs.  All prices have been adjusted (all lower than originally listed).

EDIT: Just put up an overview video showing off the case in more detail, assembly and applying one of Sparky's spine labels!
IMG
IMG

Sarumaru

These look fantastic. I will have to go through my games when I get home and see how many cases I need to replace! Excellent job.

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

blueraven

Thanks again, I'll post some pics of the completed cases to this thread shortly after they arrive :mrgreen:

gamerslife

Great job! I'll look into get some when I get back to the states...
The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N. -Wooderson (AKA:Matthew McConaughey)

PCEngineFX

UPDATE 3/7
- COLORS now available!
- Original post re-vamped with updated layout & graphics
- Black is currently sold out w/3-4 week lead time on new orders
IMG
IMG

blueraven

They arrived today!! All I can say is... Incredible. On the way home I brought them out to a few friends who work as assemblers for a robotics firm (one is an SNES collector). They were equally impressed; commenting that they would never have thought a video game case would be reproduced. The back construction is incredibly solid, more so than you might think; and once they're assembled, they look killer It's like having a new game on the shelf when you combine it with a Sparky label.

Well done!  =D> Will post some photos soon.

The only problem is... I only have one loosie Hu-Card left :D

PCEngineFX

UPDATE 3/12
- "Turbo Orange" now comes with a BLACK case arm, instead of the normal semi-clear colored arm.
- My new spool of black filament just came in today which means I'll be working on remaining backorders now.
IMG
IMG

cr8zykuban0

shonenx

You're Already Dead !!!

PCEngineFX

UPDATE 3/25
- All current orders have been fulfilled & shipped.
IMG
IMG

Sparky

Aaron the cases arrived to cold canada, packaged well and great presentation, each 3 pack are shrink wrapped. The quality is top notch, sturdy and the clip that holds the game fits perfectly. Just a great product!

Thank you with a hug!

blueraven

IMG

...WOW. They arrived safe, and with the aid of Sparky's stickers and Seymor's sleeves.. Here is the final product.

IMG

I cleaned up a few old cases to do a cross-comparison, (and because I didn't want to "waste" one of the new ones on JJ and Jeff), and while they look good, they don't have clips.

cr8zykuban0

PCEngineFX

Quote from: guest on 03/27/2015, 09:20 PMAaron the cases arrived to cold canada, packaged well and great presentation, each 3 pack are shrink wrapped. The quality is top notch, sturdy and the clip that holds the game fits perfectly. Just a great product!

Thank you with a hug!
Glad to hear they made it to Canada ok and thanks for the feedback!

Quote from: blueraven on 03/29/2015, 09:18 PM...WOW. They arrived safe, and with the aid of Sparky's stickers and Seymor's sleeves.. Here is the final product.

I cleaned up a few old cases to do a cross-comparison, (and because I didn't want to "waste" one of the new ones on JJ and Jeff), and while they look good, they don't have clips.
Looking good there blueraven!  Thanks for posting up photos!
IMG
IMG

Alt-Nintega

PCEngineFX

QuoteHi. Are all the black cases sold out?
Right now, all colors are available!
IMG
IMG

escarioth

holyturbo  :shock:
this is quite a surprise
been gone too long   [-o<

and do i need 2 or 3 of those...
pm
 :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=
US Hucards     :  86/94 (1 repro)
US CD-games  : 40/44 (3 repros)
total complete with boxes 54/111

T2KFreeker

Oh yeah, once the monies issues are over, I am all over some of these. What are the chances we could get the other two classic turbo games in the green and purple? I know, probably shit in one hand and wish in the other...but that would be kind of cool though...LOL Still, this is way cool that these are out there. Congrats on a fine design.
END OF LINE.

Alt-Nintega

Alt-Nintega

Received the cases just now. They are everything they were represented to be. Superb quality! Great appearance! Great functionality! My loose hueys have a home now. Thank you very much for this product Aaron and PCENGINEFX!!!  =D>  =D>  =D>

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

RNSpeed

Knowlery

RNSpeed

Received mine. Thank you so much Sr!

IMG
ece.uprm .edu/~raymond/TG16/DSC03464.JPG

Sinizar

I messaged you over the weekend to purchase some cases.

Sinizar

No response yet from the person selling these.  Anyone know if he is still making them?  It doesn't seem that long ago that people were getting them.

sn0zc0r3

Quote from: Sinizar on 10/22/2015, 12:06 PMNo response yet from the person selling these.  Anyone know if he is still making them?  It doesn't seem that long ago that people were getting them.
I'm not complaining or anything since I know how real life has this tendency to be an asshole and get in the way of things, but I also sent a message about a week ago or so and never heard back as well...

NecroPhile

I'm pretty sure Aaron's still doing these, but it might be a while before he gets back to you.  He's a busy dude.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!