@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

From the pcengine-fx.com Archives: PC-FX Magazine Photography

Started by PCEngineFX, 03/05/2015, 03:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineFX

Over the years I've been commissioned to provide high-res photography for print magazines that covered the TurboGrafx-16, PCE and PC-FX systems.  I was looking through my vast archive of NEC-related media and came across a selection of high-res "beauty shots" that I took of the PC-FX & games circa 2008.

I haven't done anything with these yet, but if anyone would be interested in ordering prints of anything I post up, I'll see what I can do.

First image is (at least to me) a really beautiful shot of the PC-FX.  In this image I wanted to make the FX appear tall and elegant, without blemish.  I remember the lighting was really tricky on this one as I needed the right amount of bounce light illuminating the side so that the detail wouldn't get lost.  The graduated background near the top is also done in-camera - no Photoshop work!  Looking back at the image now, I probably would have rotated the console a little bit more towards the camera as the logo on the front is almost illegible.

IMG

The next shot here is of the PC-FX launch games.  Again, tricky lighting as the games were standing on top of a reflective black surface (again, no Photoshop...I like to do as much in-camera as possible).

IMG

This is another beauty shot of the FX.  For this one, I wanted to include Rolfee in the shot somehow (she was the mascot after all) and so I used a 60" plasma HDTV in the background with a custom Rolfee graphic that I put together in Photoshop.  After everything was framed the way I wanted it, the last bit was to get the lighting in the front and side of the console just right.

IMG

Pretty simple plain shot of the FX against black.  Nothing crazy going on here.

IMG

For this shot, I was showing how the PC-FX front expansion slot worked with the FX-BMP.  Had to get a hand model for this one.

IMG

No PC-FX article can be complete without mentioning Zenki, which I feature in this games photo.

IMG

Yep, there are adult games on the FX...(again, FX articles usually like to mention this point as well).

IMG
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

Nice shots, man.  I particularly like the out of focus Rolfee in the background, and I look forward to seeing what else you can pull out of the archive.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

These photos are great.

I have a PC-FX beauty shot on my desktop, but it's from an advertisement.

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Sarumaru

PCEngineFX

Quote from: esteban on 03/05/2015, 01:01 PMThese photos are great.

I have a PC-FX beauty shot on my desktop, but it's from an advertisement.

IMG
For some reason I like that advert....I think it is how they have the CRT TVs in the background which is cool.

...and nice wallpaper of the SuperGrafx there if I do say so myself ;)
IMG
IMG

PCEngineFX

IMG
IMG

Sarumaru

I really dig that Zenki shot. I'd love to see one of Tengai Makyou dennoukarakurikakutodennnuir89*())*!@#..

elmer

I love all those PC-FX photos ... thank you!  :)

But I'd really love to know where to get that Super GRAFX photo ... that's a great photo, too.

PCEngineFX

Quote from: elmer on 03/09/2015, 11:47 AMI love all those PC-FX photos ... thank you!  :)

But I'd really love to know where to get that Super GRAFX photo ... that's a great photo, too.
Sure - I'll post up the original + extra angles.
IMG
IMG

herb

These are great. They really show off the nice lines of the PC-FX.

Arkhan Asylum

Rolfee is always out of focus for me, because I start to hyperventilate when I see her.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

PCEngineFX

Quote from: guest on 03/12/2015, 05:18 PMRolfee is always out of focus for me, because I start to hyperventilate when I see her.
....because you have a thing for blue haired females?
IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

I miss Rolfee from when she was in the site banner.  The poor PC-FX isn't represented at all any more.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 03/12/2015, 05:50 PMI miss Rolfee from when she was in the site banner.  The poor PC-FX isn't represented at all any more.
Who has the art book with all the sketches and ROLFEE Art?

It would be neat if Aaron repurposed it for pcefx somehow.... :)

PCEngineFX

Oh, I have that art book.  That's where I got some of the later Rolfee art from.
IMG
IMG

esteban

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 03/12/2015, 09:11 PMOh, I have that art book.  That's where I got some of the later Rolfee art from.
I think it would be neat to use the sketches creatively. The pencil/ink sketches.

PCEngineFX

Here's one of my favorite site header gfx:

IMG
IMG
IMG