OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

TB16 metling/gashes from "outgassing"? Any suggestions?

Started by Ghudda, 03/18/2015, 05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghudda

Today I picked up a TG16 setup for a discounted price due to the fact that it has seen better days. From what I understand, the console was probably stored with a cable wrapped around it (perhaps the controller?) which led to "outgassing" and ultimately burning/melting, which damaged the console. It's strange looking, though. This is apparently not a rare thing for consoles that were stored in warm environments for a long period of time and had cables wrapped around them. Any suggestions for maybe cleaning it up? Perhaps very lightly going over it with a magic eraser? Or should I just let it be? Anyone else experience this, specifically with the TG16?

Some pictures:
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

Yep, that's somewhat common.  I wouldn't worry about 'em, just think of them as battle scars from a life well lived.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Ghudda

Quote from: guest on 03/18/2015, 05:58 PMYep, that's somewhat common.  I wouldn't worry about 'em, just think of them as battle scars from a life well lived.
This makes me feel better. A TG16 is a TG16 and I suppose it gives it character. I had the opportunity, and I took it.

PunkCryborg

Just about every TG16 I've has had markings like that. Usually on the bottom

PCEngineHell

Looks Splatterhouse Actual Cannibal Shia LaBeouf  theme mod ready.

HailingTheThings

My first TG16 controller has doggie chew marks on it. hehe
IMG

ClodBusted

Eww. Good thing I quit storing my controllers with cables wrapped around them.

Bloufo

Nah just live with it. :)

Looks like it's been through some rough years but the old ticker is still pumping.  :P

LostFlunky

I bought a Colecovision once that was stored for years in the original styrofoam and the controller cords had to be replaced.  The rubber/plastic on them had just turned completely to goo.

People are finding that this happens to vinyl LPs stored in certain plastic sleeves as well...